Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Casting (Or Recasting?) Role
Topic Started: May 11 2013, 11:33 AM (7,914 Views)
kay
Member Avatar
Kay

LonePirate
May 11 2013, 03:55 PM
If Casey is leaving by choice, it better be because he thinks he can make it as an actor somewhere else. Given the track record of everyone who has left Days in recent years, he might want to rethink that. Also, he's in for a world of disappointment if he thinks he can sustain himself with a musical career because that song he released was beyond awful. Death metal, even with a softer voice like Chandler's added to it, simply does not sell to the masses. Maybe he has aspirations of being a bar band musician. If that's his dream, then I wish him all the best although I think he will fail spectacularly and he should have milked the Days cash cow for as long as they would have let him.
If Casey is leaving by choice I wish him the best. Whether it be to pursue other acting roles or trying to make it in the music industry I hope he is successful.

I just hope Chandler and Freddie stays on Days because I really like them as Will and Sonny. I never really was attached to Casey as Chad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ireland98

Grandpa Hughes
May 11 2013, 11:37 AM
Why bother recasting? They barely use the character as it is and they've already got a talented and charismatic actor being wasted in the role.
So much This! If Casey wants to leave on his own, then I wish him well. If Days is letting him go, they're idiots! KM has chemistry with CD and none with NO. I feel bad for both CD and KM right now because they're both being wasted.

tylerbo20

why recast the young crowd? they are over populating the set anyway

Vicky4Mimi

Casey is a nice guy and I like him. I can't stand Chad and I would welcome a murder mystery in his honor.

Keith
Member Avatar

A recast would be a waste. If Casey's leaving, just give us a clean slate.

AFaithL

No no no no no no!!!!! Not Casey!!! Casey's Chad and Abigail better sleep together before he leaves!!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Hold on, didn't we first get this "Derek" casting call awhile back and it said that the actor could be caucasion or Hispanic?

jwsel
Member Avatar

Just curious, but other than the height, what in that casting call remotely is suggestive of the character of Chad DiMera? Also, isn't the age on the high side for Chad? I know Casey is 26, but isn't Chad supposed to still be in college. I thought Chad, Will and Gabi all graduated together and Gabi mentioned still planning to finish college during some of the baby drama.

AFaithL

I have NO interest in Cameron and Abigail. None!!

TPTB better do whatever they can to keep Casey employed.

Caylee
Member Avatar

No! No! No!
If it's for Chad then I'm completely devastated! I don't even want to imagine somebody else as Chad. If it's Casey's choice, I'm still really sad but I can't blame him.

:flipoff: you Days :(

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

That's what I remember, too. Derek was supposed to be a hot guy in his mid to late twenties and a contract role.
I wouldn't blame Casey for leaving Days...he is being wasted on this show and has been for the past 4 yrs.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

jwsel
May 12 2013, 12:38 AM
Just curious, but other than the height, what in that casting call remotely is suggestive of the character of Chad DiMera? Also, isn't the age on the high side for Chad? I know Casey is 26, but isn't Chad supposed to still be in college. I thought Chad, Will and Gabi all graduated together and Gabi mentioned still planning to finish college during some of the baby drama.
Chad is a bit older. He didn't graduate with them. The birth certificate that Kate found a couple of years ago had him born in 1990.

Carly
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
May 12 2013, 01:27 PM
That's what I remember, too. Derek was supposed to be a hot guy in his mid to late twenties and a contract role.
I wouldn't blame Casey for leaving Days...he is being wasted on this show and has been for the past 4 yrs.
Could this be the same casting as for the character of CARLOS that's mentioned in the other thread? Carlos is described as being age 23 to 29, and Derek is described as being age 23 to 26. Maybe DAYS changed the character description and so issued a new casting with a new name?

I'm actually wondering if DAYS is casting Sonny's older brother Alex. (Granted, the Hispanic aspect doesn't seem to fit.) Or maybe Derek and Carlos will turn out to be Sonny's adopted brothers Victor and Joseph. Were Victor and Joseph identical or fraternal twins? Do we know what nationality their birth parents were? Wally Kurth tweeted that's he's been filming a lot of episodes, so maybe DAYS is planning to introduce more of Justin's children.
Edited by Carly, May 12 2013, 02:15 PM.

Sevprince

Panda Panda
May 11 2013, 11:42 PM
Hold on, didn't we first get this "Derek" casting call awhile back and it said that the actor could be caucasion or Hispanic?
Yes.

“DOOL” is seeking an actor for a contract role of Derek who will be in his late 20s, either Caucasian or Hispanic, ruggedly good-looking, confident, sexy, and mysterious. The role shoots starting in April or May and Derek will start airing in June.

link

Carly
Member Avatar

Sevprince
May 12 2013, 02:18 PM
Panda Panda
Yes.

“DOOL” is seeking an actor for a contract role of Derek who will be in his late 20s, either Caucasian or Hispanic, ruggedly good-looking, confident, sexy, and mysterious. The role shoots starting in April or May and Derek will start airing in June.

link
I'm a bit confused. DAYS films about four months in advance, so if this actor beings filming in May, then he probably won't appear on screen until September. But the SoapOperaFan website says that "Derek" will begin airing in June, which is only a month away. Did SoapOperaFan get the dates wrong? Or is DAYS going to slot Derek's scenes into already filmed June episodes as soon as the role is cast?

michr544125

Carly
May 12 2013, 02:05 PM
magicsteacher
May 12 2013, 01:27 PM
Could this be the same casting as for the character of CARLOS that's mentioned in the other thread? Carlos is described as being age 23 to 29, and Derek is described as being age 23 to 26. Maybe DAYS changed the character description and so issued a new casting with a new name?

I'm actually wondering if DAYS is casting Sonny's older brother Alex. (Granted, the Hispanic aspect doesn't seem to fit.) Or maybe Derek and Carlos will turn out to be Sonny's adopted brothers Victor and Joseph. Were Victor and Joseph identical or fraternal twins? Do we know what nationality their birth parents were? Wally Kurth tweeted that's he's been filming a lot of episodes, so maybe DAYS is planning to introduce more of Justin's children.
I'd love to see one of Sonny's brothers casted. I just don't know if the show has enough investment in that family. But I could see a Sonny brother being a potential Gabi love interest, especially if a custody battle does come about at some point between Wilson and Gabi. That might actually be kind of interesting.
Edited by michr544125, May 12 2013, 02:57 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

So okay, wait ... they need to RECAST Chad ... with a new actor who will presumably be on contract ... while BD has been bumped down to recurring and Lucas has no story.

Once again I say, FUCK YOU Tomlin.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Sevprince
Panda Panda
Yes.

link
From some of Casey's Vine and twitter pics we know he's still on Days in the June episodes that were filmed. So maybe Derek isn't a recast of Chad?

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I hope Casey sticks around. I like his dynamic with EJ and with Abby. He could easily play a role in the Wabi baby s/l but he's not for some reason. I know we don't have the whole story, so I won't make a judgment call in this, but it all sucks.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Carly
May 12 2013, 02:49 PM
Sevprince
Panda Panda
Yes.

link
I'm a bit confused. DAYS films about four months in advance, so if this actor beings filming in May, then he probably won't appear on screen until September. But the SoapOperaFan website says that "Derek" will begin airing in June, which is only a month away. Did SoapOperaFan get the dates wrong? Or is DAYS going to slot Derek's scenes into already filmed June episodes as soon as the role is cast?
Good question. We know Chrishell Stause didn't start filming until the end of February/March and she won't be seen on screen until the beginning of August, so unless they are going to insert this character into scenes already filmed... he won't be seen until much later than June.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply