Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Week of May 13th Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2013, 06:03 AM (1,032 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OLTL: Week of May 13th Discussion

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

I just dont understand how Victor is leaving again with no real explination as to what the hell is going on lol

NuDestiny is still ungood. and NuMatthew is a jack ass

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Meanwhile, Sam will kick your ass...

Tammy
Member Avatar

I have to admit... AMC's stories are much more cohesive and just plain make more sense. OLTL's stuff is so sporadic and, odd!

I am torn on which opening song I like better... they are both growing on me lol.

Matthew is a total douchebag!!!

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

i am loosing interest with each day... they need new writers are something. every day im left confused and slightly bored

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Victor and Todd's scenes were intense. Wow!

Would a nightclub owner really hire somebody underage? HIGHLY unlikely.

Liked the Blair/Natalie scenes.

I laughed at the blanket thrown over the destroyed giraffe. Poor Tea.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Tammy
May 13 2013, 06:53 PM
I have to admit... AMC's stories are much more cohesive and just plain make more sense. OLTL's stuff is so sporadic and, odd!

I am torn on which opening song I like better... they are both growing on me lol.

It's actually the opposite for me, lol.

I found AMC to be sporadic in it's story telling and scene placements, while OLTL is more cohesive but it feels as though I'm watching one lone premiere episode. I'm loving the Bo/Nora and Todd buying off his kids stuff though.

Matthew is a massive prick and considering what Dani went through with her three fathers, I'm surprised she would even entertain the thought of be romantically attracted to a deadbeat dad like Matthew. :toetap:

Tammy
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
May 14 2013, 03:12 PM
Tammy

I found AMC to be sporadic in it's story telling and scene placements, while OLTL is more cohesive but it feels as though I'm watching one lone premiere episode. I'm loving the Bo/Nora and Todd buying off his kids stuff though.

Matthew is a massive prick and considering what Dani went through with her three fathers, I'm surprised she would even entertain the thought of be romantically attracted to a deadbeat dad like Matthew. :toetap:
Honestly I would love Bo and Nora if they were just reading the phone book lmfao!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

So I am watching these shows on my TV thanks to Roku and it shows I have 12 episodes waiting for me to watch. I heard buffoons that said we could only watch ten shows and they would be deleted from our library.

What is up with that? Is it a special bonus for those of us that have Roku? Like Icona Pop sings ... I LOVE IT

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I don't know what Roku is but on Hulu The latest 10 episodes are available for free for 14 days(at least I think it's 14.) then they expire one by one. After they expire the episode can only be viewed by Hulu Plus members.

For example; The Premiere episode of OLTL has expired for the free users, but if you have Hulu Plus then you can still view it anytime you want.
Edited by Panda Panda, May 14 2013, 06:15 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Tammy
May 14 2013, 04:37 PM
Panda Panda
Tammy

Honestly I would love Bo and Nora if they were just reading the phone book lmfao!
They're the actual best. I loved that scene where they were in Bo's office and he pulled out those funky straw hats and dumped a bucket of cooked crabs on his desk/table for he and Nora to enjoy.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
May 14 2013, 04:53 PM
So I am watching these shows on my TV thanks to Roku and it shows I have 12 episodes waiting for me to watch. I heard buffoons that said we could only watch ten shows and they would be deleted from our library.

What is up with that? Is it a special bonus for those of us that have Roku? Like Icona Pop sings ... I LOVE IT
I am pretty sure on HuluPLUS you have access to all the episodes all the time.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

oh i meant to add that i wasnt as annoyed by JWow or however u spell as i thought i was gonna be

Tammy
Member Avatar

I can honestly say I haven't been impressed by much of anything on this show. I'm not saying I am bored to tears or anything lol. Just nothing has really grabbed my attention. :shrug:

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Panda Panda
Tammy

I havent watched last week's AMC.

OLTL definitely has problems. I think it's that they need to let the past with ABC go and move forward with creating its own legacy. Neither of the Todds are essential, they're nice to have around but they're not worth holding the Blair and Tea characters story-hostage. Same for John and Natalie. And really - did the TSJ on the bed cliffhanger even need a resolution? I don't think so. It was enough viewers knew he was out there.

They're lacking that big buzz generating story. Right now it's alot of aimless scenes.

AMC atleast has the strong Next Generation core.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

IMO, I think OLTL's biggest problem is that there is SO MUCH recent story stuff to wade through from the way the ABC run ended to everything that JUST happened on GH. Unlike AMC, OLTL didn't entirely go away because of GH and now OLTL2 has to deal with all of that before it can move forward. I just wish it could do that a little faster. lol

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I haven't seen this mentioned here yet but.....

The guy playing Matthew reminds me of a younger non hair dyed Rex Balsom... :blink:

I'm liking OLTL and AMC so far and even though nothing mind blowing is happening. I'm just thankful there's no mention of relish and nobody is talking into the camera with barf on their faces. I didn't watch it all the time when it was on ABC but tried to keep up somewhat by reading spoilers and threads.

I'm another Bo & Nora fan and remember first coming to like them in the 90's when I'd occasionally watch then. At that time I think Mari Morrow was playing Rachel.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

I mentioned in the AMC thread about the two shows sharing some of the sets between them. That doesn't bother me too much since it seems they at least to try and make the sets look different if they are used regularly.

On OLTL one thing that's bugging me is the doors on residences opening outwards. It especially makes Tea's home look really weird and outside of the door on her home it makes it look like it's the entrance to the side of a building or something and not a house.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
May 15 2013, 01:44 PM
On OLTL one thing that's bugging me is the doors on residences opening outwards. It especially makes Tea's home look really weird and outside of the door on her home it makes it look like it's the entrance to the side of a building or something and not a house.
THANK YOU! That is irritating me so much!!! I have honestly never seen a house with doors like that lol.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Indeed.

How are you supposed to throw someone out of a door that opens out?!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply