Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Week of May 13th Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2013, 06:03 AM (935 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OLTL: Week of May 13th Discussion

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Or a good door slamming when the person is in the way of you pulling the door back in.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I am OD'ing on Dani, Matthew and Jeffery. Really no need for them to be on everyday!!!

Also I am really tired of Matthews, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson eyebrow too!

Drew
Member Avatar

darraholic
May 15 2013, 04:39 PM
Or a good door slamming when the person is in the way of you pulling the door back in.
I miss Vail Bloom.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Tammy
May 15 2013, 03:25 PM
Miss Rhi
May 15 2013, 01:44 PM
On OLTL one thing that's bugging me is the doors on residences opening outwards. It especially makes Tea's home look really weird and outside of the door on her home it makes it look like it's the entrance to the side of a building or something and not a house.
THANK YOU! That is irritating me so much!!! I have honestly never seen a house with doors like that lol.
One of the two mansions has them too but I can't remember which one now. I just don't get why they'd make multiple sets with that feature.

Drew
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
May 15 2013, 05:51 PM
Tammy
May 15 2013, 03:25 PM
Miss Rhi
May 15 2013, 01:44 PM
On OLTL one thing that's bugging me is the doors on residences opening outwards. It especially makes Tea's home look really weird and outside of the door on her home it makes it look like it's the entrance to the side of a building or something and not a house.
THANK YOU! That is irritating me so much!!! I have honestly never seen a house with doors like that lol.
One of the two mansions has them too but I can't remember which one now. I just don't get why they'd make multiple sets with that feature.
Laboulet and I'm pretty sure Llanfair does as well. And speaking of - did anyone else find it really strange that Viki was picking up the paper at her front door at NIGHT in the premiere?

Is it so they only have to paint one side of the door? :lol:
Edited by Drew, May 15 2013, 06:08 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I seriously almost spit water everywhere when Bo almost called Todd a Mother Fucker today! lmao

Tammy
Member Avatar

I also find it hilarious that Natalie never had any special schooling or training, yet works as a forensic technician or the LPD. :blink:

nightfan

People are talking about AMC and OLTL sharing sets, and they may be right, but I just don't see it. One of the things that I was so impressed by with the move to Hulu is how the sets weren't shared. I mean, they look nothing alike! Nothing! Maybe I'm just not to that disillusioned point yet. But I'm seeing zero similarities in sets or furniture. And that really impresses me.

Drew
Member Avatar

It was mentioned in the behind the scenes stuff that it one wall would be one set and the otherside would be the other. It makes sense that it would happen. Natalie's lab is very generic. As if it could be doubled for a thousand different offices. (Like how everyone on Days has that ugly blue colour for their offices)

I wish more effort had gone into the coffee shop set. I don't even live in a big city but even our non-franchise coffee shops are decorated in rich/dark colours and comfy chairs and couches everywhere. it looks like a hospital cafeteria. (And is this supposed to be the Hudson St Diner / Bon Jour? Does it even have a name?)
Edited by Drew, May 15 2013, 08:55 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Well I did notice that Bo's office is the same one that Agent Woman was using on AMC today... I haven't paid much attention to the others. But I will now lmao.
Edited by Tammy, May 15 2013, 10:27 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

Did they have to rebuild all of the OLTL sets or did they inherit any of them from the ABC production? The thing where the sets were stored across town and hauled over to the studio and assembled that made AMC move to LA.

Cause some of them look so similar (Bo's office, Bo's appartment, the hospital, Llanfair) while others look like shite (La Boulet)
Edited by Drew, May 15 2013, 11:21 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Drew
May 15 2013, 11:19 PM
Did they have to rebuild all of the OLTL sets or did they inherit any of them from the ABC production? The thing where the sets were stored across town and hauled over to the studio and assembled that made AMC move to LA.

Cause some of them look so similar (Bo's office, Bo's appartment, the hospital, Llanfair) while others look like shite (La Boulet)
From what I saw in that one behind the scenes video, every single set is new. They did say they tried to make a few of them look as much like the original as possible, while making them look like they were "remodeled" or "redecorated". The ones that look pretty identical to the old ones are Bo's Office and Garrett, and Llanfair. While La Boulet looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every ugly ass branch on the way down!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Has anyone on this show mentioned where Jessica is? I find that weird.

The only thing that is grabbing my attention is who is the person watching everyone in Llanview!!!

LPS
Member Avatar

Drew
May 15 2013, 04:47 PM
darraholic
I miss Vail Bloom.
I am sure they can bring on Eden Riegel to fill that role for the show. :D

I have not caught onto this nuDestiny. I'm open to Matthew and Dani.

I can't help but LMAO@ the opening, still.

I enjoyed Nora and David's scenes, LOL.

I'm not digging Vikki in this online series.
Edited by LPS, May 17 2013, 12:32 AM.

Bremol
Member Avatar

LPS
May 17 2013, 12:10 AM
Drew
May 15 2013, 04:47 PM
darraholic
I miss Vail Bloom.
I'm not digging Vikki in this online series.

They've made Viki too stupid. She was always (until the last few years on ABC when they made her stupid too) a very smart business woman. No way would the Viki I watched when I was a regular viewer have held back and not updated things to incorporate the online aspect of media. And no way would she invest everything, no matter how much she trusts Clint when it comes to money.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply