Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR wants to know...; Favorite Past Characters
Topic Started: May 12 2013, 03:29 PM (6,290 Views)
granolagirl
Member Avatar

Kriss4
May 13 2013, 05:57 AM
Well, I would love to have Steve back because I want to know about this whole ISA thing that drove him and Kayla apart. But before he comes, it would be nice to see what Kayla's going through. We never see her life anymore. We only see her in her capacity as a doctor, and while that is preferable to her working in the pub, it's not very illuminating in terms of what her life is like now. If we can see everyone else's life so much, I fail to see why we can't see hers, too. She doesn't have to be a lead for us to see her interacting with Joey...to see some glimpse of the troubles she has in her life...the challenges she faces and her feelings about it all. I don't want to see her just talk about it. Show, don't tell. SHOW ME what she's doing, how she's doing.

It would mean a lot to me as a fan of hers.

And hey...seeing Steve back to interact with Adrienne would be great too! And Dimples. We haven't seen him with Dimples in years...and that could be fun.

Jack would be nice to have back.

So would Anna.
I agree... I can't see the Johnsons without Kayla as a very important part... She ran through all the threads of their stories, from being a rock for Adrienne when she came to town as a victim of abuse, of course the romance with Steve, and then her marriage with Jack being the catalyst for his dark turn and eventual redemption. I think revisiting that history is probably the most natural story the Johnsons have as a family. I could see Sonny involved as well. Who knows how much he knows about his other grandfather.

Steve also has a very young son, and with the broken history with his father and Stephanie there is huge potential there.
Edited by granolagirl, May 13 2013, 11:09 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

Franco Kelly. Let's pretend he faked his death or something. He can stalk Sami, randomly scaring the hell out of her. Everyone will think she's losing it and not take her seriously. She gets upset because nobody believes her. Elvis plans a surprise dinner to cheer her up. In the dark she mistakes him for Franco and stabs him with a fireplace poker, killing him. She pleads temporary insanity and is carted off to the looney bin for a good long rest and I can finally resume watching Days. :D

Sindacco
Member Avatar

LuLu2102
May 13 2013, 05:31 AM
Alex Marshall. He was a great realistic villain in that everyone hated him, yet had to deal with him because he was a connected member of the community. He was pretty ruthless and greedy and lacking much conscience most of the time, but was never ridiculously so over-the-top that you can't believe he's not in jail or that he can walk freely around town among people he has terrorized for years (*cough*Stefano*cough*). I liked that, even when he'd be involved with women, they never tried to make a romantic hero out of him. He was a great presence in Salem, and his quips were the best. He'd have to be played by Quinn Redecker, though.
I agree, Alex was one of the best villains. It's time for him to be released from prison. The same goes for Peter Blake. I would also love to see Tony again.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

salempc
May 13 2013, 11:29 AM
Franco Kelly. Let's pretend he faked his death or something. He can stalk Sami, randomly scaring the hell out of her. Everyone will think she's losing it and not take her seriously. She gets upset because nobody believes her. Elvis plans a surprise dinner to cheer her up. In the dark she mistakes him for Franco and stabs him with a fireplace poker, killing him. She pleads temporary insanity and is carted off to the looney bin for a good long rest and I can finally resume watching Days. :D
I loved Franco but I wouldn't want him to return, because his murder was one of the better stories in the late 90s.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

LuLu2102
May 13 2013, 05:31 AM
Alex Marshall. He was a great realistic villain in that everyone hated him, yet had to deal with him because he was a connected member of the community. He was pretty ruthless and greedy and lacking much conscience most of the time, but was never ridiculously so over-the-top that you can't believe he's not in jail or that he can walk freely around town among people he has terrorized for years (*cough*Stefano*cough*). I liked that, even when he'd be involved with women, they never tried to make a romantic hero out of him. He was a great presence in Salem, and his quips were the best. He'd have to be played by Quinn Redecker, though.
Oh good Gooood... I forgot Alex! Anna without Alex is good, but Anna WITH Alex is... GENIUS.

ShaneDOOLFan

Carrie Brady, Kim Brady, Laura Horton, Steve Johnson, Anna Dimera, Tony Dimera. All these characters could and should be brought back.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, May 13 2013, 03:29 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Celeste played by Tanya Boyd

Dany_E

Jack, Steve, Angelica and Eve

Kyan

Carrie, Bill and Laura, Mike, and Marie. Susan Martin to shake up Julie.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet... two of my favorites that I miss dearly are Tom and Alice :frownie:

as for favorite moments

one of my favorite moments for Tom is when Alice discovered he was Norm de Plume and one of my favorites for Alice is when she broke Roman out of jail with her famous donuts :lol:

tylerbo20

Vivian
Laura
Peter
Bo
Billie
Bill
Tony
Anna
Carrie
Kim
Jack
Patch
Roman (Wayne)
Julie
Doug
Shawn d
Belle
Phillip
Max
Frankie
Mike

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

Tony DiMera
Alex Marshall
Don Craig
Kimberly Brady
Eugene
Eve or Andrew Donovan
Melissa
Philip Kiriakis

am103
Member Avatar

Vivian Alamain (early 1990's batshit crazy Vivian, not 2011 cartoon Vivian)
Susan Banks (we already have the actress, WHY hasn't this been done yet?!)
Celeste Perrault (Tanya Boyd ONLY)
Anna DiMera and Carrie Brady (SO much unexplored storyline potential)
Shawn Brady and Belle Black
Philip Kiriakis and Chloe Lane (NOT pathetic 2009-2013 version of Chloe)
Chelsea Brady (PERFECT option for Nick's redemption story, imo)
Fay Walker (whose death still makes absolutely no sense)
Craig and Nancy Wesley
Bill and Laura Horton (John Martin and Jamie Lyn Bauer ONLY)
Shane Donovan and Kimberly Brady
Edited by am103, May 14 2013, 01:00 AM.

carol3023
Member Avatar

Dr Baker :wub2: I think I am the only person on this planet who wanted to see
Nighttime Hope hook up with Dr Baker. Loved all of his scenes with Nicole too.

Rolf and RoboJohn...because RoboJohn is way better than what we have now.

The real Vivian and Ivan from the 90's

Alex, Anna and Tony

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

carol3023
May 14 2013, 03:23 AM
Dr Baker :wub2: I think I am the only person on this planet who wanted to see
Nighttime Hope hook up with Dr Baker. Loved all of his scenes with Nicole too.

Rolf and RoboJohn...because RoboJohn is way better than what we have now.

The real Vivian and Ivan from the 90's

Alex, Anna and Tony
I loved him with Nicole however, i never wanted him her in any romantic capacity. I just loved their adversarial relationship, their chemistry was amazing.
Edited by Laufeyson, May 14 2013, 03:52 AM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Chad & Abigail_D
May 13 2013, 02:26 AM
Bo Brady, although I'm intrigued to see where they'll take Hope in this new chapter of her life.
Anna DiMera
Carrie
Vivian Alamain
Shawn Brady (ANYONE but Brandon Beemer)
Chelsea Brady
Don Craig
Roman Brady (Wayne Northrop)

Ok, my favorite moment(s) with ......

Bo Brady ~ Supporting Marlena when Roman was "dead", and when she was jailed for shooting Stefano. Any scenes with Mrs. H. One of my MANY favorite Bope moments is when he puts his black glove on Hope's hand. This was way back in 1983 after he was recovering from being beaten by The Vipers, and when Hope took care of him. The chemistry is amazing to watch to this day!

I have to link some videos, lol. Will do that later.

Lil
Member Avatar

Jack, Philip, Celeste, Vivian, and Peter.

Lil
Member Avatar

oh and Tony...

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I could make a really long list, but to be practical I will just have a top three:

1. Alex Marshall
2. Melissa Anderson
3. Dr. Neil Curtis

And, to those who know me, of course I would want theoretically want Linda Anderson back, but no Margaret Mason buts quite a damper on things, doesn't it?
Edited by Bright Eyes, May 14 2013, 10:37 AM.

JoeBucs32

Tom & Alice Horton
Bill & Laura Horton
Mike Horton
Liz Chandler & Neil Curtis
Nicholas Alamain
Tony & Anna DiMera
David Banning
Alex Marshall
Madame X
Nathan Horton
The Gemini Twins

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply