Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC fall schedule revealed; Parenthood's new night
Topic Started: May 12 2013, 08:02 PM (1,063 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/nbc-fall-schedule-revealed-parenthood-revolution-move-community-211505886.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Biggest Loser is back to an hour! YAY!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I'm very excited about NBC's schedule.

Sean Saves the World is what I'm most looking forward too! Linda Lavin (Alice) is back on a sitcom!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Michael J Fox show has my interest...LOVE MJF!

taylore
Member Avatar

I'm so checking out The Blacklist,Dracula and The Michael J Fox show.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I am ALL about Dracula and those damn NBC Thursday comedies. If I could set my DVR for Dracula & Sean Saves the World right now, I would.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

NBC really has cut their comedies in a big way...only 4 comedies on the network this fall...and only on Thursday.

Has NBC ever had only comedies on ONE night on their schedule?

Thomson
Member Avatar

Decent schedule, but I see multiple problems

Mondays: Smart. The Voice leading into their most anticipated new show that has the most potential to breakout. The Trailer was really good, and supposedly it is NBC’s highest testing pilot in 10 years. Hope this turns out well for them.

Tuesdays: Another smart day. Biggest Loser at 8 will easily pull a 1.8-2.2 on average. The Voice will do well at 9 leading into Chicago Fire at 10. While I would have gone with a new drama in slot, this makes a lot of sense. They want this show to become huge, and they are launching a spin off this season, and it could use some more exposure.

Wednesdays: Now things start getting worse. Revolution will probably flop here, but where else was NBC going to put it? SVU next. ok. Now Ironside. This show looks terrible. This will flop big time. I expect it to be cancelled soon and will replaced by either Believe, Crisis, or Chicago PD.

Thursdays: This night will be a mess, but I command them for trying and it should do better than this season. Parks leading off the night is smart rather than sacrificing a new show against the biggest comedy on television. Welcome to the Family is DOA, will be replaced by Community, About a Boy, or Undateable. Sean Hayes/MJF hour could do decently depending on how good the shows are and what CBS puts in that 9pm hour. Parenthood was a good choice for Thursdays 10 pm, rather than putting a new show against Scandal, Parenthood should do 1.5-2.0 consistently throughout the season which will be a huge positive for NBC!

Friday: Great night. Grimm and the Dracula/Crossbones combo should work well.

very meh. Some good moves, some okay moves. I only see one true hit (Blacklist)-start huge then i don’t know. A potential breakout sophomore show (Chicago Fire). 2 possible hits/steady performers depending on how they turn out (Sean Saves the World & Michael J Fox Show). 1 modest performer (Dracula) – in the way Grimm is a solid performer for Fridays. And 2 DOA shows (Ironside & Welcome to the Family).

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I suspect CBS Thursday comedies will clobber to death the NBC thursday comedies. The NBC comedies look awful again. Now I really miss 30 Rock, The Office and when Community was good.

Sign me up for Blacklist and Dracula, but I can't see myself sticking with either.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Southofsoap
May 17 2013, 07:48 PM
I suspect CBS Thursday comedies will clobber to death the NBC thursday comedies. The NBC comedies look awful again. Now I really miss 30 Rock, The Office and when Community was good.

Sign me up for Blacklist and Dracula, but I can't see myself sticking with either.
Same here, btw, did you ever get a chance to watch Magic City? What were your thoughts?

I may stick with Jonathan Rhys Meyer show since I love him in the Tudors.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

There's some interesting stuff I think but...I'll forget about most of it because I don't really watch NBC. And, for the more serialized shows I'm not jumping in until the ratings are in for like the third episode. I can't imagine I'm alone in that, so I'm curious to see how this works for them.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Dakota
May 21 2013, 03:53 PM
Southofsoap

Same here, btw, did you ever get a chance to watch Magic City? What were your thoughts?

I haven't watched it yet - I was going to marathon it before S2 starts in late June. I'm not sure I trust Starz to cancel it without a proper send off (like Boss) so I may wait until S2 is finished.

Ashley22
Member Avatar

I'm really disappointed that Smash, Go On, Guys with Kids and 1600 Penn were cancelled. NBC sucks at keeping shows on the air and giving them time to gain viewers. Its disappointing. I Dont even feel like I should invest any time in the new shows cause God forbid they Dont have amazing numbers right away they'll just cancel it.

Dakota
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
May 24 2013, 02:58 PM
Dakota
May 21 2013, 03:53 PM
Southofsoap

I haven't watched it yet - I was going to marathon it before S2 starts in late June. I'm not sure I trust Starz to cancel it without a proper send off (like Boss) so I may wait until S2 is finished.

I don't blame you, I am hook and can't wait for the new season.

Ashley22
May 27 2013, 03:45 PM
I'm really disappointed that Smash, Go On, Guys with Kids and 1600 Penn were cancelled. NBC sucks at keeping shows on the air and giving them time to gain viewers. Its disappointing. I Dont even feel like I should invest any time in the new shows cause God forbid they Dont have amazing numbers right away they'll just cancel it.

I am bit hesitant too, but Dracula looks good and it does not hurt it star Jonathan Rhys Meyer.

Ashley22
Member Avatar

Dakota
May 27 2013, 10:12 PM
Ashley22

I am bit hesitant too, but Dracula looks good and it does not hurt it star Jonathan Rhys Meyer.
Ok I didn't see the Dracula trailer and looked up Jonathan Rhys Meyer...cause I didn't recognize the name. Had no idea he was the dude from August Rush!!! I love him! I might have to check that show out now :wub2:

Dakota
Member Avatar

Ashley22
May 27 2013, 10:48 PM
Dakota
May 27 2013, 10:12 PM
Ashley22

Ok I didn't see the Dracula trailer and looked up Jonathan Rhys Meyer...cause I didn't recognize the name. Had no idea he was the dude from August Rush!!! I love him! I might have to check that show out now :wub2:
Love August Rush, the music was great too. :biggrin:

KMan101
Member Avatar

IF NBC manages to get any real comedy hits anytime soon, IMO, their chance is now. I wish them the best but I don't know I see it happening. I'm personally looking forward to The Crazy One's on CBS, which airs at 9. I'll probably DVR Michael's sitcom to see how it is. Sean Saves The World looks somewhat funny. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply