Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, May 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 13 2013, 05:56 AM (12,574 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Neil & Liz!
I take it this was back in 1983 when Liz was in Rhinehardt prison?

Thinking of beautiful Bo & Hope moments :wub:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Neil & Liz! Neil was writing as such a romantic lead by the time I started watching in the 80s (thanks to the wonderful Neil/Liz/Tony triangle) that I was rather shocked when I found out about his scoundrel past in the 1970s. I hated that WTF rewrite about his past they did in the late 1980s that made not a damn bit of sense considering we'd already met his family in the 1970s. lol

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Awww...I loved Neil and Liz. :wub:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Neil & Liz were great. they were a great example of an older couple that got utilized in multiple A stories - Reinhart, New Orleans/Island, the drug Cartel... those stories didn't have them featured as THE main characters in the stories, but they were more than just occasional props & sound boards, and they even had their own substories. The writers these days don't do that.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 13 2013, 10:00 AM
Neil & Liz were great. they were a great example of an older couple that got utilized in multiple A stories - Reinhart, New Orleans/Island, the drug Cartel... those stories didn't have them featured as THE main characters in the stories, but they were more than just occasional props & sound boards, and they even had their own substories. The writers these days don't do that.
They weren't exactly what I would consider "older couple" back in 1983 though. Loring was 37. And Gallison was 48. So technically, Neil and Liz, back then, are equivalent to, for example, Nicole and Daniel today. I wouldn't really consider either of those characters "old" in anyway shape or form.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
May 13 2013, 10:42 AM
Supergirlx2
They weren't exactly what I would consider "older couple" back in 1983 though. Loring was 37. And Gallison was 48. So technically, Neil and Liz, back then, are equivalent to, for example, Nicole and Daniel today. I wouldn't really consider either of those characters "old" in anyway shape or form.
Gallison's 48 back then would almost equate to Kristian's 49 now.
I didn't mean grandparents old, simply that they were older than the youngins that were getting most of the stories - the Bo & Hope, the Melissa/Todd/Pete, the Shane/Kim, etc.
They were also older than Roman/Marlena/Tony/Anna.

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Supergirlx2
Personally, I think that's the category all of the thirtysomethings should be in. They're still all having the stories they had in their twenties.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 13 2013, 10:48 AM
DrewHamilton
Supergirlx2
Gallison's 48 back then would almost equate to Kristian's 49 now.
I didn't mean grandparents old, simply that they were older than the youngins that were getting most of the stories - the Bo & Hope, the Melissa/Todd/Pete, the Shane/Kim, etc.
They were also older than Roman/Marlena/Tony/Anna.
I would agree with that. I just think a lot of people still think of Nicole, Sami, Lucas, etc as the 20somethings they were in the 90s and 00s. I know I do sometimes. When in reality, they're a lot older than Bo, Hope, Shane, Kim, Steve, Kayla, etc were in the 80s. And the main problem has been the writing for those characters in the last 15 years. They've only really become "leading characters" in the last 5 years, maybe? When they should've been leading through most of the 00s. It all happened at once and was so jarring.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

lysie
May 13 2013, 10:50 AM
DrewHamilton
Supergirlx2
Personally, I think that's the category all of the thirtysomethings should be in. They're still all having the stories they had in their twenties.
Agreed. The writing for the "main" group right now is about 10 years too late.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

It's a "Pop-Up Kayla & Pop-Up Abe share scenes" day! yay! :)

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 13 2013, 11:24 AM
I just saw that! Aww <3 First we get a Hope& Ciara/Justin & Adrienna scene last week and now this week a Kayla/Abe scene!

Btw, is it still considered a "pop-up" if they're not being used as some plot point for another character? :ermm:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

lysie
May 13 2013, 10:50 AM
DrewHamilton
Supergirlx2
THANK YOU! I keep saying this. They keep wanting to give all of the 40-50+ somethings the exact same stories they had 25-30 years ago while throwing the 20sometimes into the cast as little more than window dressing. IMO, DAYS has the worst established & weakest "next generation" out of all the soaps.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
May 13 2013, 11:27 AM
Supergirlx2
May 13 2013, 11:24 AM
I just saw that! Aww <3 First we get a Hope& Ciara/Justin & Adrienna scene last week and now this week a Kayla/Abe scene!

Btw, is it still considered a "pop-up" if they're not being used as some plot point for another character? :ermm:
yes. i do believe "pop-up" refers to those characters that just kinda appear every once in a while. they don't need to be a plot point, simply not usually on screen, or if they are on for a few consecutive days, they're not on for much in each episode.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

so... are we sure that Nighttime Hope isn't back? lol

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

So they again flash to envelop after showing Rafe's beating. Meanwhile, the assailant moves just like BB.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Pop-Up Kayla and that SASSY Maxine...

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

ok. I have to laugh. Gabi spontaneously pauses, turns towards the camera "That's weird Rafe should've gotten here by now. Where's Nick?"

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I love Kate's neck piece she's sporting today

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

EJ & Kate scenes are always made of snarky win.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply