Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, May 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 13 2013, 05:56 AM (12,493 Views)
camera shy

Remember the last time Stefano was supposedly murdered and how they had everyone running out to the mansion on a dark and stormy night packing a gun? I think we all knew at the time that none of them would be guilty.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 13 2013, 10:36 PM
EJ stole the pension money. Then Stefano stole the stolen money. EJ has yet to re-steal the stolen money that he stole fair and square back.
I'm pretty sure that since Stefano could take the money from EJ without him knowing he can just as easily give it back to him without him knowing.

Given all the other things Stefano has achieved I imagine he'ld let Johnny take care of this one.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I get what you're trying to say, Treasure & I agree to a point.

Tptb can & will change the story to suit their agendas from time to time. That scene of EJ being shocked about the ransom note only to learn he was the kidnapper screams change in direction or interference from higher ups.

Having said that, in this particular scenario, I think they are setting it up to look like it could be Nick, it could be EJ, or it could even be Stefano. I think their plan is to have it be Jensen, someone who currently isn't even on the radar. Now, do I think they could show it to be that EJ or Nick were behind Jensen's attack later down the line??? Absolutely. I don't think EJ will be the first choice for that though. I actually think it would be Nick, but I'm thinking they've left themselves room to make it be Jensen acting alone so they can keep BB if they want & it sounds like they want to.

With regards to EJ, if Tomlin was getting his way, then yes, I think he'd throw EJ under the bus in a hot minute & pin it all on him & have Sami crawl back to mangled Rafe, but it doesn't seem that is the direction. Whoever called for Ejami has apparently called for it for the foreseeable future. When we saw JS in ATL I never once got the impression there was trouble afoot for EJ or Ejami. In fact, everything we heard pointed to them still being a couple as far out as the event in ATL next year. Sure, all that's subject to change but by the time we saw JS all this was in the bag & if there were going to be trouble in Lovesville, I think we would've gotten wind of something. BUT, if and when there is trouble could they go back to this & show EJ as the mastermind? You bet your bippie.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

concerned
May 13 2013, 10:30 PM
EJ_SamiFF
May 13 2013, 10:01 PM
MissLola
May 13 2013, 09:58 PM
samwel
May 13 2013, 09:53 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI39aiETZCM
I fail to see the comparision. Who was the red herring in that story?
Not seeing the comparison but...Gotta say Philip was hot ass hell in that clip though.
There's only about 7 clips out there where Phillip isnt hot ass hell (IMO)
And they all involved what we somberly refer to as "the hair".
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

lysie
May 13 2013, 09:26 PM
Panda Panda
May 13 2013, 09:20 PM
lysie
May 13 2013, 08:57 PM
Panda Panda
May 13 2013, 08:53 PM
Nick is 10x more of a red herring than EJ and his cryptic phone call is. I get there is a dislike for certain characters but jumping to conclusions about a storyline because of that is pretty ridiculous.
I'm pretty sure it's not EJ, but it's not jumping to conclusions. EJ as a suspect has been in spoilers for a while.
True, but the spoilers about EJ's involvement are pretty much about everyone blaming him (because it's EJ and well their not wrong about it) for the attack and not actually having evidence, only going on a "hunch" and that's fine for the in story characters. However, the viewers can were able to see more than what the characters could.

We know that EJ is working Justin on a plan to take down Stefano that requires the utmost secrecy.

We know that Rafe and EJ were going to meet up so EJ could get Johnny's FBI jacket, and if EJ was responsible for the attack. There's no way he would have any kind of evidence, like a record of a phone call, tied to him around the time of Rafe's beating.

Rafe and Nick had a big blowout with each other and Rafe threatened to tell Gabi the truth about Nick right before he was attacked.

The attacker was wearing the same blue button down shirt and pants as Nick. The attacker stole Rafe's bag of Muffins (lol).

Then at the pub we see Nick running in all sweaty and out of breath with the same bag of Muffins that Gabi asked Rafe to pick up for her.

Most of us who have seen certain spoilers and instagram/twitter pics know that Nick/EJ is just a red herring and the attacker is someone else but even without knowing that and watching today's episode the viewer would see the "clues" see that the blame for the attack on Rafe would clearly goes to Nick. But I've been seeing posts all day (on here and elsewhere) from people who I know watched the episode yet still somehow vehemently believe that all the evidence points to EJ and not Nick.

I find it polarizing, tbh. lol
I understand, but in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a conclusion to jump to. Considering that if MR tweets a picture with her hair up, we've already discussed what kind of flowers will be used at the church. Also, two spoilers do mention legitimate reasons for suspecting him. Again, I'm basically entirely positive that it's a red herring, but falling for it or hoping for it isn't a particularly big jump.
I'm not saying that there's going to be a rewrite... I was trying to say that people aren't trying to be ridiculas or polarizing by still suspecting EJ...

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Meanwhile, back at the batcave...

Who's on first, what's on second, and I don't know is on third.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

this just feels appropriate

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Yeah, I never said that I thought anyone was ridiculous or trying to be ridiculous for believing EJ responsible. I meant that I personally thought the idea that EJ would solely be responsible for the attack when they're are others involved who are equally capable of orchestrating the attack, was a ridiculous notion.

Days has done the "mastermind behind plot ____ reveal" a ton of different times but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be the same person each time. It could be EJ and it could be someone else or it could be no one at all. I mean, that's just how Days is.
Edited by Panda Panda, May 13 2013, 11:10 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Matt
May 13 2013, 11:02 PM
this just feels appropriate

This makes me long for some schweaty balls.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I don't get why we're arguing that Days can retcon any storyline whenever they want. Don't we all already know this? I mean if swamp baby didn't convince everybody of that fact, I don't know what will. But just saying a retcon CAN happen doesn't make it anymore likely it will.

samwel

tomsawyer
May 13 2013, 11:16 PM
I don't get why we're arguing that Days can retcon any storyline whenever they want. Don't we all already know this? I mean if swamp baby didn't convince everybody of that fact, I don't know what will. But just saying a retcon CAN happen doesn't make it anymore likely it will.
how did it even become about a retcon lol......it was supposedly the way it is from the get go, just a matter of the reveal happening.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm guessing that waiting for a story to actually play out to see what happens before bitching about what happened is SO last century.

MissLola
Member Avatar

When it comes down to it people will believe whatever they want regardless of what is shown on screen, based on them wanting what they feel is best for their prefered character. Even if this Jensen guy is shown to be the culprit, there will always be those that insist and hope that it will one day be revealed to really have been Nick, Ej, little Ciarra, whomever. It doesn't make anyone wrong for being hopeful. But I just like to focus on how the story is currently being played as opposed to how the next set of writers may change things at some point down the road.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
May 13 2013, 11:25 PM
I'm guessing that waiting for a story to actually play out to see what happens before bitching about what happened is SO last century.
LOL. We can't even wait for actual spoilers before bitching.

soapgal
Member Avatar

Matt
May 13 2013, 11:25 PM

I really just LOL for about 3 minutes. I'm glad my husband isn't home or he would think I was drunk.

soapgal
Member Avatar

I love EJ. Many people don't like EJ. Many people on this board hate EJ. However, love him or hate him, the strong emotion associated with the character do give a huge compliment to the acting ability and charisma of JS.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I like Ej too. I could care less who he is paired with romantically. That is all subject to change at a moments notice anyway. I like characters whom I can root over a long period of time as they struggle to finally get things right one day. I am sure other's feel the same way about their favs.

LovingDays

Best Episode In A Longtime Didnt FF Any Scenes...Really Solid Episode

- Glad to see Abe/kayla but they need more screen time
- Sad for Rafe but dont really care about him...poor gabi thought
- Seriously im really enjoying this JJ glad they cast him....Loved the scene between his cousins and his sister.
- Okay Nick your getting on my nerves with your homophobia STFU!
- WOW Stefano/Sami scenes were just perfect LOVED IT
- The Ending was so good when Kate finally tell the truth about her and Rafe (loved the reaction of everyone)

:hail: But The Best Thing that there was no DANNIFER.....Party!!!!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

LovingDays
May 14 2013, 12:18 AM

:hail: But The Best Thing that there was no DANNIFER.....Party!!!!
Ha! Totally forgot about them. No wonder I enjoyed it so much!

concerned
Member Avatar

Awww this reminds me of the time Maggie flatlined.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply