Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, May 14th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 14 2013, 07:09 AM (10,277 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Where to begin??

Today was all around one of the best episodes I've seen since the first of the year. I know, I know, it's not lost on me that we're in the middle of sweeps & Days can pull it out of the hat then. In a month it'll be dragging on and we'll be hearing the same convos over & over...but....guess what???

RAFE'S IN A COMA!!! We won't hear ole monotone. (Thankful for the small favors)

Line of the day goes to Kate. Priceless.

All the looks between characters were so spot on & played perfectly.

LOVED Chabby today. I'm shipping them hard.

EJ looked good enough to eat.

Wilson as detectives is made of win.

Sami scrunching at Rafes bedside was not.

Pretty sure both Nick & EJ are red herrings in this story but JS & BB are playing the suspicious role perfectly.

Good day.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Just looked it up. Casey Deidrick's contract expires this month. Please, Casey, re-sign. You have awesome chemistry with Kate Mansi.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Kriss4
May 14 2013, 10:49 PM
I do think they need a medical consultant to help out with these scenes. Maybe they used to have one, but it's pretty clear that they no longer do.

I bet there's a Days fan out there who'd volunteer, LOL!
They do use medical consultants, casting real paramedics and real nurses when need be. The blonde nurse in those scenes today, Kim Meredith, is a medical consultant.

Here's from her bio page:
http://www.kimmeredith.com/kimbio.html

Adding to her reputation as "the beauty with the brains," Kim is a licensed nurse and has worked the ER and ICU units at UCLA Medical Center. Her nursing skills have been heavily utilized on numerous medical dramas. She has also been Medical Consulting on such shows as "Brothers and Sisters," "Days of Our Lives", "Dollhouse," "Heroes," and many others.
Edited by Jason47, May 14 2013, 11:27 PM.

Kriss4

Hmmm...Then she might step forward and help the actors with the medical equipment. Give them some tips, ya know?

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

waiting to watch the Chabby scenes- and just the episode in general, is really hard. I thought by the time I got up this morning it would be ready... :(

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

The actors run lines in their dressing rooms and in the make-up chairs. She may not be given enough time for rehearsals with the actors to teach them.

I don't watch those other shows she consults on, does anyone here? How do the medical scenes compare? Is it the fault of the way Day's rushes through scenes with only one take and not enough hands-on prep time?
Edited by TreasureCove, May 14 2013, 11:47 PM.

Bee
Member Avatar

Brilliant work by Gering today. Absolutely brilliant. Best I've ever seen from him.

S loves EJ

LucasHortonFan
May 14 2013, 04:36 PM
Sami has no room to talk. She bedded Rafe, bedded Lucas and threw them to the curb for the person who has harmed her and her family so many times I have lost count. So, just where is Sami getting off going after Kate about who would sleep with her? Sami needs to come down a few pegs. She is not all that and a bag of chips!

Im sure both Lucas and Rafe would jump upon the opportunity to bed Sami again.

TreasureCove
May 14 2013, 05:58 PM
tomsawyer
May 14 2013, 05:47 PM
So EJ hardly said boo when Rafe tried to claim paternity to one his children again, but now I am supposed to wonder if he might've had Rafe killed just because Johnny wanted to star in his own version of My Two Dads?
:shrug: He had Rafe kidnapped, locked up, tortured, and his mind destroyed because Johnny was happy that Rafe visited him in the hospital.

EJ was not just jealase of Rafe relationship with Johnny then but also his relationship with Sami, but EJ has Sami now and wouldnt do anything stupid to risk losing her.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 15 2013, 03:45 AM
LucasHortonFan
Sami has no room to talk. She bedded Rafe, bedded Lucas and threw them to the curb for the person who has harmed her and her family so many times I have lost count. So, just where is Sami getting off going after Kate about who would sleep with her? Sami needs to come down a few pegs. She is not all that and a bag of chips!

I wonder if there's a clause in the head writer's contract that Alison Sweeney's ass must be kissed at all times

There is nothing special about Sami.
Edited by TreasureCove, May 15 2013, 05:20 AM.

michr544125

Another awesome episode. I didn't fast forward anything. If only Days can write like this all of the time.

The Wilson/Nick scenes were all kinds of awesome. Blake is always incredible but Freddie is really standing toe to toe with him now acting wise.

I love Will and Sonny together right now but it's going to become cheesy if it continues as is. Please show them in a bedroom like other couples. They can't jut keep showing them holding hands with nothing in the bedroom. It works right now but it's going to become overkill soon.

The reaction on everybody's face when Kate said that Rafe was her lover was priceless!

There is no way that Nick and EJ did this. Way too obvious.

I even enjoyed Gabi at Rafe's bedside. CB did a pretty good job there.

Abby and Chad all the way. They are hot together. Abby has no chemistry with Cameron. This virgin story needs to end yesterday. So lame.
Edited by michr544125, May 15 2013, 06:03 AM.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 15 2013, 05:20 AM
S loves EJ
May 15 2013, 03:45 AM
LucasHortonFan

I wonder if there's a clause in the head writer's contract that Alison Sweeney's ass must be kissed at all times

There is nothing special about Sami.
Well apparently Lucas, Ej, and Rafe think otherwise. I'm not a fan, but I'm sure her's must think she is pretty damn special. :biggrin:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

And that is a big problem in the writing for this show. The same goes for Daniel.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Sami is not all that and a bag of chips and ten posts to the contrary will not change my mind.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 15 2013, 06:06 AM
And that is a big problem in the writing for this show. The same goes for Daniel.
And that's debatable as well. Some people must actually like Daniel. Otherwise he wouldn't be on the show at all.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Chad: "because you're a smoking hot girl!" and Abby's smile :wub:
Love to see her help Chad behind the counter! And him teasing her with her phone when Cam rang... she SO loves it!! I'm happy that Abby told Chad that JJ was home. I want her to tell/vent things to Chad about her brother...

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Love EJ's little smirk when Kayla told Gabi, that Rafe should be put in medically induced coma... lol!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

OH.MY.GOD. A Chabby flashback from NYE when they kissed!! I simply LOVE these Chabby scenes

:hail:

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Chad: "Do I stand a chance?" "She didn't say no" and that absolutely sexy smile of his :wub:

I'm in pure Chabby- heaven!!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

MissLola
May 15 2013, 06:12 AM
TreasureCove
May 15 2013, 06:06 AM
And that's debatable as well. Some people must actually like Daniel. Otherwise he wouldn't be on the show at all.
At first, I was indifferent but I totally get the appeal now after his strip tease.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

I enjoyed everything about today's show, and that hasn't happened in a while.

Kate/Stefano/Sami/EJ scenes: loved the reactions from everybody.

Wilson: I have always liked Chandler, but Freddie is swiftly becoming my favorite half of this couple. His acting is superb.

Nick: continues to be BSC and I love it

Gabi: CB was quite good. I admit to being surprised.

Hope: She's obviously going to be combining her own smug with the portion that was previously allotted to Rafe. Good job so far!

E/A How could I forget Chad and Abby? They are adorbs!!! Casey is capable of being very good when he gets some decent writing and those two have amazing chem!

I hope they maintain the pace of the show after sweeps.
Edited by gailwinters, May 15 2013, 07:11 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply