Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ali Sweeney on Today Show discussing novel
Topic Started: May 14 2013, 10:15 AM (2,035 Views)
Ellie

http://www.today.com/books/star-attraction-alison-sweeney-takes-hollywood-1C9888361
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Her book is actually getting a number of good reviews from what I've seen.

Interesting that she based the male character after some of her Days co-stars. Now I want to read just so I can speculate about that, LOL.
Edited by tomsawyer, May 14 2013, 10:26 AM.

Ellie

I love how they're all "now she's an author!".... totally ignoring her other book that bombed.

lysie
Member Avatar

Didn't she say at one point that she started this book because of a storyline on Days that didn't go the way she wanted it to? I have no desire to read this, but I'll admit I'm dying to know what she was referring to.

Also, what's with this actress turned fiction writer thing lately? Several soap actors have done it and Lauren Graham also just had a novel out. Weird.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

tomsawyer
May 14 2013, 10:25 AM
Her book is actually getting a number of good reviews from what I've seen.

Interesting that she based the male character after some of her Days co-stars. Now I want to read just so I can speculate about that, LOL.
Me too! :blulaugh: I was probably going to read it this summer out of just plain interest but now I have ANOTHER reason to pick it up.

james0479
Member Avatar

lysie
May 14 2013, 10:32 AM
Didn't she say at one point that she started this book because of a storyline on Days that didn't go the way she wanted it to? I have no desire to read this, but I'll admit I'm dying to know what she was referring to.

Also, what's with this actress turned fiction writer thing lately? Several soap actors have done it and Lauren Graham also just had a novel out. Weird.
Yes! Can't remember where I read or saw it but Sweeney did say the idea for the book came from her dissatisfaction with the direction of one certain particular storyline. So she basically wrote how SHE would've done it or a storyline that she would've preferred to see with her own character. If anyone reads it, I'd be curious to hear if there's anyway to spot which story or timeframe she's referring to.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I'm buying it for the beach.

B-)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Quote:

The Star Attraction

Sophie is a Hollywood publicist who has a fabulous job, a fabulous boyfriend, and a fabulous life. She even scores her PR firm's most important actor client and every woman's dream--Billy Fox.

But will a steamy make-out session in a restaurant alley with her big-name client cost Sophie her job? And does she really want an escape from her life and her loving, if imperfect, relationship with her investment banker boyfriend?

Here it is in a nutshell

Sophie=Sami
Billy Fox=Ej
Loving, if imperfect, relationship with her investment banker boyfriend=Lucas

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Sophie is a Hollywood publicist who has a fabulous job, a fabulous boyfriend, and a fabulous life. She even scores her PR firm's most important actor client and every woman's dream—Billy Fox.

But will a steamy make-out session in a restaurant alley with her big-name client cost Sophie her job? And does she really want an escape from her life and her loving, if imperfect, relationship with her investment banker boyfriend?

Hmmmmm. That doesn't sound all that appealing tbh. I'll probably read it if my local library gets a copy.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
May 14 2013, 11:44 AM

B-)
You're not making me read it.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
May 14 2013, 12:53 PM
SoapGal1

B-)
I'm going to read it to you, silly.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

SoapGal1
May 14 2013, 01:03 PM
lysie
SoapGal1

B-)
That's friendship.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1

B-)
Dadgummit. That actually sounds enjoyable.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
May 14 2013, 01:16 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1

B-)
Y'all are KILLING me here! What's next...is she gonna feed you grapes, too? :toetap:

michelle
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 14 2013, 01:20 PM
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Y'all are KILLING me here! What's next...is she gonna feed you grapes, too? :toetap:
Grapes, Sunkist and Peanut Butter MnM's.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SocRMum1
May 14 2013, 01:20 PM
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I can tell you with certainty if she reads Lysie that novel I see Lysie punching her in the face....lol

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

I got it on my Kindle today and so far I like it.

elci525
Member Avatar

Quote:

Sophie is a Hollywood publicist who has a fabulous job, a fabulous boyfriend, and a fabulous life. She even scores her PR firm's most important actor client and every woman's dream—Billy Fox.

Ohmigod that sounds dreadful. Did AS write that copy blurb too? Was there not a thesaurus around? Is this like a Sweet Valley High novel?

Good for her, I guess, for keeping busy and accomplishing this. I've often thought that writing a book would just about kill me - take everything I had, all the creativity, all the courage, all the strength, all the discipline, all the fury I had coursing through my veins - so I envy others that can turn one out. But, while I am interested to know what Days storyline she tried to "right" with the book, I think maybe I will be passing on this one..........
Edited by elci525, May 14 2013, 05:51 PM.

camera shy

LuvingLumi
May 14 2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:

The Star Attraction

Sophie is a Hollywood publicist who has a fabulous job, a fabulous boyfriend, and a fabulous life. She even scores her PR firm's most important actor client and every woman's dream--Billy Fox.

Here it is in a nutshell

Sophie=Sami
Billy Fox=Ej
Loving, if imperfect, relationship with her investment banker boyfriend=Lucas

Shouldn't MR be the one writting the book? And she could use her own life.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I think I'll read this. Despite her overexposure, I truly do like Alison Sweeney a lot, and I loved her memoir when it came out. I'm always down for a good summer read!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply