Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 15 2013, 07:09 AM (13,968 Views)
annie21

Jason47
May 15 2013, 10:37 PM
Supergirlx2
May 15 2013, 10:32 PM
SocRMum1
May 15 2013, 01:56 PM
Matt
May 15 2013, 01:48 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image
I know, right? I would have never guessed the front door was situated where it is - it always seemed to be around the corner from the living room.
The only time i noticed that it was where it was was at the end of the Alice Horton memorial episode, when Hope takes that last moment alone & then leaves.
I think they made it a little smaller in recent years to make it easier to build. Remember at one point, they weren't even going to use it again after 2008 since it was too big compared to the other sets.

Here's the blueprints of the first floor from "Days of Our Lives: A Tour Through Salem" by Lorraine Zenka:

Posted Image

Thanks, Jason.

This is interesting. I'm gathering this is some person's "fanfic" version of the Horton House, right? In any case, I don't remember any scenes in the Family Room or the Den/Study. But I do recall scenes in the Horton Dining Room, but there's none shown here. Also, are we really supposed to think that there's a bathroom right by the front door? There were a lot of scenes by the front door -- including many with the closet. But I don't recall a "powder room" in the vicinity.

Speaking of the front door and foyer, all the recent scenes seem to depict it differently from how it used to be when Tom and Alice lived there. Maybe that's part of the down-sizing you mentioned.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

TreasureCove
May 16 2013, 10:49 AM
Sweet and Salty
May 16 2013, 10:43 AM
six
May 16 2013, 08:13 AM
Laufeyson
May 16 2013, 01:14 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
And Brady stacked the deck in his favor by hiring someone to bash EJ over the head with a club before their fight.

I'm surprised the JJ smirk went over as well as it did. He's basically doing the same thing Jennifer did. Using Jack's memory as a tool to trick someone.
Exactly what I've been thinking, Six. I wasn't impressed at all. Left me feeling disappointed. I really thought he'd be Jacks "memory keeper" for lack of better words.
That was my first thought also. He could have smirked later at getting out of trouble, but after just speaking about his father...
Then again, it's possible for him to be completely sincere about missing his father and yet totally contemptuous of his mother. As she hugged him, she said something about how she missed his father, too. Even I had a "yeah, right," reaction to that and saw it as Jennifer being insincere. Maybe JJ did as well. Remember, his first entry into the house had him looking at the pictures on the mantle -- one of his father next to one of Dannifer. Maybe he's seeing his mother as a hypocrite, and that was what the smirk was about.

It's too soon to tell, of course, whether he's genuinely grieving and feeling powerless and enraged or whether he's just cynically playing everyone.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply