Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, May 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 16 2013, 08:31 AM (11,827 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

samwel
May 16 2013, 06:26 PM
Blame EJ day.....boy Hope is going to feel foolish when she realises the truth........
why is Hope going to feel foolish? she's following the evidence. Right now, all signs point to EJ. When someone tells her that Rafe was supposed to pick up a muffin (or whatever baked good it was) for Gabi & that Nick brought that exact food to Gabi at the pub & no baked good was found at the crime scene, Hope will look to Nick for answers & add him to the suspect list.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

How is it that, in 12 pages of discussion, no one mentioned Hope's absolutely flawless hair??

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Supergirlx2
May 16 2013, 11:13 PM
How is it that, in 12 pages of discussion, no one mentioned Hope's absolutely flawless hair??
Because Hope's flawless hair is simply one naturally understood constant of this show.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

If the guy who tried to deliver flowers to Rafe today is Jensen, and Jensen is also the man who gave thirty thousand dollars to Vargas on the 4/29/13 episode, his appearance has changed since that episode aired. Personally, I can't make the two men look alike at all, but the man below (around the 3:57 mark) definitely has longer hair than the man in Thursday's episode had.

I'd link Thursday's episode for a comparison, but I can't find it on YouTube yet.

I'm not convinced that we've actually seen the actor who was in Thursday's episode before, but I could be wrong.
Edited by Miss Rhi, May 17 2013, 06:04 AM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Matt
May 16 2013, 11:34 PM
Supergirlx2
May 16 2013, 11:13 PM
Because Hope's flawless hair is simply one naturally understood constant of this show.
this is true, though her hair seemed more flawless than usual...and shiny. her fabulous wardrobe is another.
if it's at all possible, i almost feel like Kristian's de-aged since Peter's left. (She's never looked her age, but i feel like she's looking more youthful than before.)
Edited by Supergirlx2, May 16 2013, 11:52 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Today: meh.

It's too bad John didn't stay dead. This shyte wasn't worth him overcoming death, paralyzation and a Swiss vacation.
Edited by mer4santo, May 17 2013, 12:59 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
May 16 2013, 11:38 PM
If the guy who tried to deliver flowers to Rafe today is Jensen, and Jensen is also the man who gave thirty thousand dollars to Vargas on the 4/29/13 episode, his appearance has changed since that episode aired. Personally, I can't make the two men look alike at all, but the man below (around the 3:57 mark) definitely has longer hair than the man in Thursday's episode had.

I'd link Thursday's episode for a comparison, but I can't find it on YouTube yet.

I'm not convinced that we've actually seen the actor who was in Thursday's episode before, but I could be wrong.
Derek confirmed it was Jensen with Vargas on 4/29 in this tweet, the day the episode aired:

Derek Magyar@DerekMagyar 29 Apr
I'm hearing that #jensen might have been on #daysofourlives today... I haven't seen it but, seems others have. This true? If so, get ready!

Krista Dido@Kluvsja 29 Apr
Vargas gets an envelope of cash from some guy. #Days

Jenny P.@jenpoll 29 Apr
@Kluvsja Is it Jensen played by @DerekMagyar?
Expand

@jenpoll @kluvsja yes

Jenny P.@jenpoll 29 Apr
@DerekMagyar @Kluvsja Thanks for the confirmation, Derek! Welcome to Salem. ;) #PleaseDontHurtWilSon
Edited by Miss Rhi, May 17 2013, 06:01 AM.

camera shy

I fear for Rafe's life because this is the same PD that let fakeRafe sneak into Nicole's mother's room in the hospital and murder her. And I would have preferred if they had let Rafe go blind from the attack and then we had a bitter Rafe dealing with losing his eye sight and learning how to function blind while at the same time he had to figure out a way to protect himself from his attacker who was still determined to kill him.

Will&Sonny

Jason47
May 17 2013, 01:22 AM
Will&Sonny
May 16 2013, 11:38 PM

Derek confirmed it was Jensen with Vargas on 4/29 in this tweet, the day the episode aired:

I'm hearing that #jensen might have been on #daysofourlives today... I haven't seen it but, seems others have. This true? If so, get ready!

Krista Dido@Kluvsja 29 Apr
Vargas gets an envelope of cash from some guy. #Days

Jenny P.@jenpoll 29 Apr
@Kluvsja Is it Jensen played by @DerekMagyar?
Expand

@jenpoll @kluvsja yes

Jenny P.@jenpoll 29 Apr
@DerekMagyar @Kluvsja Thanks for the confirmation, Derek! Welcome to Salem. ;) #PleaseDontHurtWilSon
Thanks, Jason!

He definitely cut his hair in the time between that scene and this one, from what I can tell. Even on his Twitter page, he looks completely different than he does in the 4/29 episode. Granted, we don't see the very top of his head in Thursday's episode, but from what we do see, it certainly looks like most of his hair has been shaved off. His sideburns also appear to be shorter than they were in the 4/29 episode.

(And I'm usually the person who never pays attention to the wardrobe or hair styles, so it has to be a pretty glaring change if even I noticed it!)
Edited by Miss Rhi, May 17 2013, 06:01 AM.

chinkybig

If someone can please find time to GIF the slap by Marlena to John, I'd be forever grateful. :D

S loves EJ

Hamilton
May 16 2013, 11:01 PM
I'm always going to love Lucas calling Sami out on the carpet. No mincing words with this guy he cuts right to the chase and it's pure entertainment every time. I find it revealing that Sami has no problem admitting to Lucas a part of her loves Rafe. He knows without a doubt and so she doesn't need to pretend those feelings don't exist.

I can't say I blame Lucas for believing so vehemently that Ej was involved in Rafe's beating considering all Elvis has been responsible for time and time again. So why shouldn't he come down hard on Sami for believing in a man who Lucas knows hasn't earned it? I cheered the way he wouldn't let up on her.

Lucas reaction of disgust with Sami and sarcastic slams to Kate in response to the affair felt just right for the character. Interesting that Kate's response to Ej being a suspect was how it would remain a question in Sami's mind and her also admitting that Sami could easily be back nursing to health the man she loves, Rafe. And, again we have Lucas saying Sami wants the man she can't have. I too would think the Safe door was just edging open if I didn't know this isn't the direction the show is pursuing...and so very puzzling comments. ??? Hmmmm

Go Hope! You finally have a case to solve! Love watching her in action as she handled both Kate and Sami. The pondering while holding Rafe's badge and the envelope hidden behind her shoulder was perfect. (I do wish they'd give the SPD more action throughout the year at least with talk of ongoing cases to give them more validity though.) I don't know that Hope had to spring to the phone to alert the guard a hired man might be back to finish the job when they already surmised that Rafe was meant to be killed and not just hurt. And a big :blulaugh: to the officer who answers his phone and moves away from the door he is guarding!

Enough already with Bristen. Are we going to have this wedding or not? Let's go.

Marlena kills and John still looks disengaged. I'm not getting anything from his character. But damn, that was one hell of a slap! Yes, I did rewind and watch it again! Fabulous girl! That's the way to get your point across. What a pro DH is!

Gabi looks 100 times better in her outfit today.

:P . . . and then a truck ran over it. Bummer. Oh JJ, you don't disappoint!

Forgot to mention I liked the touch of seeing the newspaper and then it crumpled up and not knowing by who. And then, the reveal at the hospital! Nicely done

I know Lucas has reason to hate EJ and to not trust him, but I feel that it makes him blind to the possibility of someone other EJ being the quilty one. He was dead set on EJ being the one that shoot Stefano when it wasn´t. Anyway I did like Lucas with Kate on Thursday´s show he had some funny comments to her about Rate.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please don't post full episodes in these threads.

Thanks

Sweet and Salty

Panda Panda
May 16 2013, 08:49 PM
Brady's such a slob. I just realized he's been wearing the exact same suit for two whole days!
So has Kristen!

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 17 2013, 05:53 AM
Hamilton
I'm always going to love Lucas calling Sami out on the carpet. No mincing words with this guy he cuts right to the chase and it's pure entertainment every time. I find it revealing that Sami has no problem admitting to Lucas a part of her loves Rafe. He knows without a doubt and so she doesn't need to pretend those feelings don't exist.

I can't say I blame Lucas for believing so vehemently that Ej was involved in Rafe's beating considering all Elvis has been responsible for time and time again. So why shouldn't he come down hard on Sami for believing in a man who Lucas knows hasn't earned it? I cheered the way he wouldn't let up on her.

Lucas reaction of disgust with Sami and sarcastic slams to Kate in response to the affair felt just right for the character. Interesting that Kate's response to Ej being a suspect was how it would remain a question in Sami's mind and her also admitting that Sami could easily be back nursing to health the man she loves, Rafe. And, again we have Lucas saying Sami wants the man she can't have. I too would think the Safe door was just edging open if I didn't know this isn't the direction the show is pursuing...and so very puzzling comments. ??? Hmmmm

Go Hope! You finally have a case to solve! Love watching her in action as she handled both Kate and Sami. The pondering while holding Rafe's badge and the envelope hidden behind her shoulder was perfect. (I do wish they'd give the SPD more action throughout the year at least with talk of ongoing cases to give them more validity though.) I don't know that Hope had to spring to the phone to alert the guard a hired man might be back to finish the job when they already surmised that Rafe was meant to be killed and not just hurt. And a big :blulaugh: to the officer who answers his phone and moves away from the door he is guarding!

Enough already with Bristen. Are we going to have this wedding or not? Let's go.

Marlena kills and John still looks disengaged. I'm not getting anything from his character. But damn, that was one hell of a slap! Yes, I did rewind and watch it again! Fabulous girl! That's the way to get your point across. What a pro DH is!

Forgot to mention I liked the touch of seeing the newspaper and then it crumpled up and not knowing by who. And then, the reveal at the hospital! Nicely done

I know Lucas has reason to hate EJ and to not trust him, but I feel that it makes him blind to the possibility of someone other EJ being the quilty one. He was dead set on EJ being the one that shoot Stefano when it wasn´t. Anyway I did like Lucas with Kate on Thursday´s show he had some funny comments to her about Rate.
there few reasons for that

1.in boths cases ej had storngnest motive of all the people and the person that cable to do it

2.it writer way Ridicule lucas when he probaly prove wrong
3.to mock lucas fans that show will never mention even again that ej tried to kill lucas
4.to pimp the hell of ej like did last time when he was proven not kill stefano
5.and also mock the fans that tired seeing ej crimes whitetrash and mock any character on that show that seem tiny memory of stuff ej did and joke about it

S loves EJ

Partnersincrime
May 17 2013, 06:57 AM
S loves EJ
Hamilton

1.in boths cases ej had storngnest motive of all the people and the person that cable to do it

3.to mock lucas fans that show will never mention even again that ej tried to kill lucas
5.and also mock the fans that tired seeing ej crimes whitetrash and mock any character on that show that seem tiny memory of stuff ej did and joke about it

I´m not trying to mock any fans or character I´m just saying I don´t think like when Lucas is writhen to only see EJ as the suspect.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 17 2013, 07:21 AM
Partnersincrime
May 17 2013, 06:57 AM
S loves EJ
Hamilton

I´m not trying to mock any fans or character I´m just saying I don´t think like when Lucas is writhen to only see EJ as the suspect.
i was not talk about you i was talking reasons about the writers why to will write lucas only think as ej could have done it

six
Member Avatar

If EJ actually appears to have the strongest motive, I don't see how Lucas would look ridiculous for realizing that. If the writers want to make him look bad, shouldn't they have him saying something that doesn't make any sense?

spartan
Member Avatar

six
May 17 2013, 08:08 AM
If EJ actually appears to have the strongest motive, I don't see how Lucas would look ridiculous for realizing that. If the writers want to make him look bad, shouldn't they have him saying something that doesn't make any sense?
Agreed. I like that EJ is the first one Lucas, Hope and others are pointing fingers at. It does make sense. The bonus is I like JS playing EJ as reveling in the accusations. He's mind f'ing them in a way and it reminds me of 2007 EJ. :cloud9:

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Phil Sogard
Scriptwriter: Richard Culliton

Segment 1: Repeat of Kristen's I'm a DiMera statement to Brady.

JJ goes back and opens the doors and slams it so Jen and Dan know he's back. Dan - Hey JJ. JJ - You're sure around here a lot, aren't you?

A nurse tells Lucas and Sami that Det. Hernandez is still critical. There's been no change so the doctors are keeping him in a coma. Sorry. Sami goes into Lucas's arms declaring that she can't lose him.

At the coffeehouse a newspaper is lying on a table. The headline reads Salem Cops Clings To Life (there's a picture of Rafe). We see a set of hands pick up the paper and unfold it.

Hope is in her office at the PD holding an envelope from University Hospital. She pulls out Rafe's badge. Kate comes in. What's wrong? Is it Rafe? Hope - No, he's still the same. It's his badge. The hospital sent it over. Kate - Of course I'm going to ask you the obvious question. Are you any closer to finding the S.O.B. who tried to kill him? Hope - No but we're going to get him which is why I asked you down here. I want to go back over your statement again Kate. Kate - You know I don't mind. I'll do anything I can to help but I already told you everything I know. Hope - Everything except the fact that you and Rafe were sleeping together.

Marlena - You want a divorce? John - I just think maybe it's better if we make a clean break. Marlena - We just got remarried. We've survived everything that Stefano has put us through. We found our way back together and you want to make a clean break! John - Well things change. Marlena - The only thing that has changed is Kristen. That's the thing that has changed.

Brady - You don't mean that. Not after everything we've been through. We're a day away from getting married. A day you said was going to be the most wonderful day of your life and you want to throw it all away because of some stupid fight we just had. Kristen ... look at me. It doesn't make any sense. Kristen - It makes all the sense in the world.

John - You're right. Kristen coming back was the start of all this but you want to know something ... we made choices too. Some of them with the best intentions that hurt both of us. Marlena - Yes we did. John - And I just want it all to end. Marlena - By getting a divorce? John - I think you deserve better. Marlena slaps him. Don't you dare play noble with me! And don't you do what you think is best for me. You have spent weeks pushing me away with both hands; trying to push me towards Roman. You act as if I'm some object for which you have no more use. John - That kind of proves my point, doesn't it? Marlena - I never thought I would say this but you disgust me. I fell in love with a man of action. A man who did things and I'm looking at a man who does nothing. Not even when he's about to lose people who love him most in the world. I can't even look at you. She walks away.

Kristen - What we did is get all swept up in the feelings we had for each other and how attracted we were to each other and we didn't pay enough attention to the reality of the situation. Brady - No, no, no. Those feelings that you have; it's called love. It's very real. Kristen - What happened to Rafe is awful obviously but maybe it was also fortuitous. Maybe we both needed to be slapped across the face with all the reasons we shouldn't be together. Brady - So if I have a reaction to the fact that your father or your brother may have tried to kill someone that I care about or a friend of mine, the solution for you is to end this whole thing with us. Is that what you're saying to me? Kristen - You're too good Brady and marrying me is going to hurt you. You don't see it right now ... Brady - But you see it, right? You see the future. You see what's going to happen and you know that I'm going to end up getting hurt. Kristen recalls telling her father that on the very day Brady thinks he's going to hear me say I love and honour him for the rest of our lives til death do us part, he's going to find me in bed with his father. Brady - You're willing to throw away our future together because I have a problem with your family? I happen to know that you are unlike any other member of this DiMera clan. Kristen screams - I'm giving you an out! Would you please God just take it!

Segment 2: Brady - I don't want an out; I just want you. You haven't seen your family in how long ... how many years has it been? You haven't even talked to them ... before you came back ... it was years. And now you're going to take their side over mine? You want me to apologise for rushing to judgement ... fine, I'll do it. I'm very sorry. Kristen - Please don't apologise. You didn't do anything wrong. You never do anything wrong. Brady - Don't make me out to be a saint. Can we get out of this room please. I just want to go somewhere to be alone with you. The doorbell rings. Kristen - Do you mind getting that. I gave the staff the day off today so I could kind of work them to death tomorrow. Brady - How can someone be so mean and so nice at the same time? He goes to answer the door. Kristen mutters - You're just too good! Brady comes back with Maggie. I hate to break it to you but you two are tough to buy for. I couldn't see Kristen DiMera needing a toaster oven. Kristen - You're so sweet. When Maggie sees the flowers on the flower she says - I had a little floral emergency; not a good time so I'm going to go and take care of that. Maggie - Who did the flowers tick off? Something going on. Brady - Just a case of cold feet, that's all. Maggie - Is it a problem with Kristen? Brady - Kristen is not the problem. My father is the problem.

John chases down Marlena in the park. Marlena, Doc ... you're right. After everything we have been through we owe it to each other to talk about this.

Jen - Yes, Daniel is here a lot. He and Parker are always welcome here. JJ - Parker seems to have taken over my room. Dan - If you give me a hand we could take that train table out right away ... JJ - No worries. I didn't mean to interrupt. Dan - You're not interrupting. It's your house. JJ - It's just that you two seemed pretty intense right now. Jen - No. Daniel was just telling me some bad news. He has a friend that's in the hospital right now. JJ - Oh. Sorry about your friend man. Dan - Thank you. JJ - Well, I'll leave you guys alone. Do you think Parker would mind if I played with his train? Dan - Not at all. JJ - I almost forgot to tell you mom, I finished the paperwork for summer school. Jen - Good. JJ - Hope I didn't screw it up. Jen - I'll take a look at it for you. JJ - Thanks. He goes upstairs. Jen - Remember when I said earlier everything was fine; I probably need to revise that statement.

Sami - It's just so hard. The kids love Rafe so much. Lucas - The kids love Rafe. Sami - Okay, I love him too. I can't get along with him. I can't live with him but I don't want him to not be in the world. Lucas - I know. Sami - And I can't get it out of my mind ... the way that Kate told the story about how she found him. Lucas - My mom's the one who found him? Sami - Yeah. Lucas - And she decided to tell you about it? Sami - No. I was there at Stefano's when she came over to confront Stefano and accuse him of doing this to Rafe because he was jealous. Lucas - Wait a minute, you're losing me here. Why would Stefano be jealous of Rafe and how would my mom know that? Sami - Oh God! I can't believe I'm the one who has to tell you this. You're going to find out anyways so ... Lucas - Find out what Sami? Sami - Kate was sleeping with Rafe.

Kate - I didn't mention that Rafe and I had a relationship because it's not relevant. Hope - Really? And that's your call; you decide what's relevant and what's not? Kate - I was trying to protect his reputation. Hope - That's what I've always loved about you Kate; always thinking of others. Kate - You're really enjoying this, aren't you? Hope - Look, someone I really care about is hanging on by a thread. I'm not asking about this for fun. And if you think it was irrelevant then you've suddenly developed amnesia about DiMera men. You know they have a way, a very brutal way, of dealing with romantic rivals. Kate - Stefano didn't even know about us, not until ... Hope - Not until when? Kate - Not until I told him.

Lucas - Wow. She always has a talent for humilating herself. Sami - I'm really sorry. Lucas - I don't want to talk about it. It's more than disturbing. Let's just talk about you and the fact that you're about to marry someone who just put your ex-husband in the hospital; tried to kill him. Sami - No. Lucas - What, you're calling it off? Sami - No, I'm saying he didn't do it. Lucas - Sami, this has got DiMera written all over it. You think he's just going to laugh off the fact that Rafe was trying to claim his child. Sami - He got past that. Lucas - The DiMera's don't get past squat, you know it. Sami - Okay, EJ's working on getting past it. He's working on getting along with Rafe. In fact he was meeting up with Rafe because Rafe had this FBI jacket for Johnny. In fact that's what happened when Rafe got attacked. Lucas - Hello! Sami - What? Lucas - What do you mean, what? You don't realise what you just said? That means EJ knew exactly where Rafe was going to be. Sami - You're wrong about him. Lucas - And you're in denial. You're so worried about Rafe; you're scared ... he's in there fighting for his life and you won't even admit that EJ's the one who put him there. Gabi walks up. Wait, you really think that EJ did that to my brother?

John - I do not want it to end like this. Marlena - You can't pull it off, can you? You can't even get to the finish line pretending this isn't killing you too. John - I don't want to hurt you anymore Doc. I just can't go on like this. Marlena - I'm thinking this was all my fault. John - No, no ... I didn't say that. Marlena - I know you didn't but the truth is I let Kristen into our life because I didn't trust us enough and then I lied ... I stooped to her level. I did the same vile, despicable things she did. John - Stop it! That's not what this is about. Marlena - I thought it was easier to blame her than to face what I had done and what I had become. Now I understand ... she cries. I understand why you can't forgive me. John is going to comfort her but stops himself. I'm sorry. Kristen shows up. Marlena - And I thought this day couldn't get any worse!

Segment 3: Jen doesn't want to tell him but Dan insists. Jen tells Dan that her son got kicked out of boarding school and she's making him go to summer school. Dan points out that the boy lost his father. That's what we tend to do ... we screwup, not grieve. Jen wants him to know there's going to be some tension around here. She'd love to share the details but she doesn't want to violate JJ's privacy. Dan knows he's the interloper here but says he's got thick skin. Your kids are very lucky to have you. Jen is going change the subject. She gives him a CD - Revolting Rhymes. My kids loved it when they were little. Parker will too. JJ sneaks down the stairs and eavesdrops as Dan is talking about downloading it on to his MP3 player. He tells her that Parker wants the player. I'm going to give it to ... Jen - No, Melanie gave it to you. Look - To the hippest Dad in the world ... Dan guesses he'll hold on to it. They continue bantering and flirting as JJ watches.

Hope - You told Stefano that you and Rafe were sleeping together! Smart move Kate. Kate - I told him after the attack. He didn't know til then. Hope - Oh, and you believe Stefano when he claims he didn't know something, honestly? Kate - Hope, I followed your exact same train of thought. I thought Stefano was behind it and I confronted him. I talked to him about the affair with Rafe and he was totally shocked. And I know it wasn't a performance. Hope - If Stefano knew about the affair; if he arranged the attack on Rafe ... what do you think! Of course he's going to act surprised when you tell him about it. Kate - I was married to him okay. I know what I saw and he didn't want anyone to know he was angry. Not because he still has feelings for me but because he had been deprived of the sick pleasure of hurting Rafe himself. If you don't take my word for it talk to Sami, talk to EJ. They were all there. Hope - I will, believe me. I've got a lot of questions for Sami and for EJ.

Sami - Don't listen to him. He hates EJ, he's biased. Gabi - My brother hated EJ too for the things that he did to you. Sami - Don't worry about any of that right now. You are going through hell right now, you don't need to be thinking about things that are going to make you more upset. Just let the police figure out what happened to Rafe. Gabi - I'm just scared. Sami - I know. She hugs her.

The set of hands crumbles the newspaper and throws it in the trash. The camera pans to the guys feet as he leaves.

Maggie - Maybe Kristen has some issues she needs to resolve before making that til death do us part kind of vow. Brady - Why can't anyone see her point of view ever! We're trying to move forward in our lives. We've talked about adopting a child. Maggie - Really. Brady - Yeah, but she can't wrap her mind around having a child with me because my father keeps putting all this in her head ... she keeps thinking of the child she lost years ago. Maggie - Again ... maybe she has to work out some things before making this big committment. Brady - You are right. There are some things that need to be worked out between me and my father. He gets up and leaves.

Marlena - I guess I'll go. She looks at Kristen. I'm sure John has something to say to you. She leaves. Kristen mocks Marlena's tears. Is there trouble in paradise again? John - I guess one could say that. We're getting a divorce. Kristen - What! John - I think you know why. I think we both do. Kristen - Wow. What a thudding irony. You ending your marriage the day before I'm starting mine. Wow! I hope you find somebody new and I hope the next one is just a little bit more stable than that one. She leaves. Brady walks up to John. I want to talk to you.

Segment 4: Dan and Jen are near the door when JJ comes down the stairs ready to go jogging. Dan - Oh, you're a runner like me. JJ - Yeah, clears the head. Mom, do you have an mp3 player. I lent it to my roommate and in all the jumble I forgot to ask for it back. Jen doesn't but she's sure Abigail has one he can borrow. Dan - Use mine. I used that to train for the Iron Man in Hawaii. JJ checks out the playlist. This is actually really cool. Thanks Dr. Jonas. Dan - Again, call me Daniel.

Lucas - What is it? Sami - They just called me to come down to police headquarters otherwise I wouldn't leave obviously. Lucas - Oh, they want to see EJ DiMera's live in girlfriend. Really! Maybe he's using you as an alibi Sami. Sami - Stop it. Seriously you have to stop this. You can not be putting ideas in Gabi's head about EJ. Lucas - I'm not putting any ideas in her head. Do you think she's forgotten what EJ did to Rafe or how her sister died. You think she forgot that? Sami - But you're not helping okay. She needs to be calm so your job right now is to keep that girl calm and talking about EJ doesn't help. Lucas - You not realising that EJ is responsible for this ... that's what's not helping here. He put him in there. You know it and I know it. Sami - That is not true! Lucas - It is true. You're protesting too much again and that means that you know it's the truth. You always do that. When you hear the truth you protest too much. You're scared of the truth Sami. She leaves.

Hope - Did Rafe mention anything out of the ordinary like any threats from one of the cases he was working on? Kate - Rafe and I didn't talk much. Hope - Really? Well it's surprising given how much you two had in common. Kate - You know I'm used to snide and condescending remarks and usually I don't give a damn but Rafe was my friend and I cared about him and I saw what was done to him so do me a favour and cut me some freakin' slack! Hope - I'm sorry. Kate - You may have thought it was ridiculous and that Rafe was desperate. I'm sure you thought that Rafe was scraping the bottom of the barrell, right. But we were seeing each other through a really horrendous time in our lives. So just find the person who did this to him, will you. Hope - I won't stop until I do. Kate - When you do I'd like 5 mins alone with him with a baseball bat. She leaves. Hope mutters - You're going to have to wait your turn Kate. She sits down. EJ and Stefano, obvious suspects ... She picks up his badge. What is it that Rafe always says ... What is it that we're not seeing? The camera pans to the hidden envelope.

Brady - Are you following her? John - Excuse me. Brady - Kristen. She's around here. She's doing an errand. Thought maybe you were tracking her down so you could mess with her head a little more. John - What! I saw her. She spoke to me and then she went that way and I didn't follow her. Brady - Just so we're clear ... if you have anything to say to her, I want you to say it through me. John - Seeing as we're not speaking I'm not sure exactly how that works. Brady - So you do have something to say to her. You're not done with her, are you? John - I'll tell you this much. I'm done with this conversation. He leaves. Kristen comes along and asks Brady what he's doing here. Were you talking to your father? Brady - Something you could probably pass off for talking, yeah. Kristen - Another reason to rethink what we're planning to do tomorrow. Brady - Listen, he doesn't matter. You matter. We do need to talk about tomorrow and make sure it's something we both want to do.

Segment 5: JJ - Thanks Dan. Jen - Daniel, nobody really calls him Dan. JJ - Listen, I'll swing by the hospital at the end of my run and give it back to you. Jen - Just be really careful with that. It's important to him. His daughter gave it to him. Dan comments that it's pretty indestructible. JJ leaves. Dan has to go too. Jen thanks him for reaching out to JJ. Dan can relate. He screwed up to. JJ may have done it the wrong way but maybe he just wanted to be home. Maybe what happened at school was just an isolated incident. Jen hopes he's right about that.

Kate is on her cell sitting at a table in the coffeehouse when Lucas comes in. He goes to her. There you are. What a surprise! I thought you'd be busy pulling tricks somewhere again. Kate - It's always so difficult to read you. Is this you're oh so not very subtle way of telling me that Sami wasted no time in tracking you down and telling you about my latest transgression. Lucas - Did you do a Google search on least appropriate partners and come up with my ex-wife's ex-husband? I mean the guy's the uncle to your great grandchild, really sick! Whatever! If you think it's a match made in heaven go for it. Kate - Okay, please, alright. I know that it's not easy having me for a mother but we kept it private it, we ended it and right now Lucas I have to tell you I'm just scared that what happened to him was somehow my fault. Lucas - I don't think it's your fault but I do think it's EJ's.

Sami snarks - Same old, same old. Something goes wrong in this town so if it's not my fault it must be EJ's. Hope snaps - Sami please! Just answer the question. What were you and EJ doing before he left to see Rafe? Sami - Nothing! We were with Johnny. Johnny's going to be so heartbroken. He loves Rafe so much. Hope - I know he does. Sami - He was just talking about it. He was saying how happy he was when we were living with Rafe. Hope - Well that must have thrilled EJ. Sami - Don't put words in my mouth Aunt Hope. EJ didn't even hear Johnny say that. Hope - Oh and no one ever overhears anything in that house. Sami - But ... Hope - But what? Sami tell me. Sami - Nothing. EJ wasn't in the room when Johnny said that and even if he had been it doesn't change anything. Hope - Do you hear yourself? You keep defending EJ but everytime you try you sound less and less convinced.

Brady - When I saw you walking towards me just now with these flowers, I didn't see a DiMera, I saw my wife walking towards me down the aisle. I'm sorry that I rushed to a conclusion about your brother and your father. But make no mistake if they attacked Rafe, they're going to answer for it. But I'm not marrying them, I'm marrying you. Kristen - I'm a DiMera. Brady - Yes you are in name only so I have an idea. You might hate it, it's a little egotistical but I think you should have my name. I want you to be Kristen Black. He gets down on his knees. Marry me, make me the happiest guy on the earth.

Segment 6: Brady - Now would be a great time just to say yes. Kristen pulls her hand away. I need to think. It's been a really weird day and I want to think things through, okay and then we'll talk. Brady - I'm warning you ... I'll give you all the time you want to think but it's not going to change the way we feel. We love each other. He leaves. Kristen - That's what screwed everything up.

Maggie is now at Jen. Jen tells her that Dan is great; he was really reaching out to JJ. Maggie - He knows how much JJ means to you. Jen - And JJ was needling him, both of us but it didn't bother him. He knows what JJ's going through. Wouldn't it be great if the two of them could get along.

JJ finds Dan in an empty exam room. Dan - How was the run. JJ - Listen, thank you for loaning me this but it broke. He opens his hands and the mp3 player is in bits and pieces.

The feet in the distinctive shoes that left the coffeehouse now arrives at the hospital carrying flowers. Gabi is on the phone. I'll meet you here when you get off work. I have to leave here for a bit ... there's something I have to do.

Kate - Do you really think EJ did this? Lucas - Or arranged it. Kate - The DiMera's do have a history of taking their time before they exact revenge. Lucas - Or maybe it was pre-emptive strike. The fraternity of men who have been involved with Sami ... we all know one thing ... she always wants the guy she can't have. So now she's back with EJ it's just a matter of time before she wants Rafe again. Kate - If that was his motivation then he didn't go far enough. Lucas - Why, what do you mean? Kate - With Sami's B-movie mind, what could be more romantic than nursing Rafe back to health. Lucas - You're right. You should have seen her at the hospital; scared to death for Rafe but I think, more scared that EJ had something to do with this.

Sami - EJ has changed. He's not the same man. Hope - And Kristen's not the same woman. Now they're all like the Von Trapp family, right? What about Stefano? I suppose he's changed as well. Sami tell me, was he happy for Kate that she found a little comfort in Rafe's bed? Sami - You know about that. Hope - Kate says Stefano knew nothing about it til she told him. You were there, do you think that's true. Sami - Yeah, I do. So does EJ. Hope - So does EJ. There's a surprise. He's backing his father's story. I wonder if Stefano would be willing to cover for EJ as well. Sami whines - There's nothing to cover for. Gabi comes in. I just remembered something. I know who tried to kill him.

Segment 7: JJ - I dropped it and then a truck ran over it. Sorry man. Dan - No, it's okay. JJ - Thanks. I've got to run.

Kate - I can't believe I'm actually going to say this but I actually feel a little sorry for Sami. Lucas - That never happens. Kate - I know but if EJ is truly behind what happened to Rafe ... Lucas - I don't think there's any if about it. Kate - We know how good he is at covering his tracks. Sami's never going to know the truth which means she's going to have to deal with the nagging doubt that she's living with the man who tried to kill the man she loves.

Hope - You know who attacked Rafe! Gabi - It was EJ. Sami scoffs - No it wasn't. Hope - Sami, not a word! Why do you say that? Gabi - I just remembered that the night that it happened EJ was at the pub and he was on the phone but he didn't know I could hear what he was saying. Hope - Which was what? Gabi - He said - It's done. Good. Then he hung up the phone and smiled. Hope - Excuse me Gabi. She picks up the phone. Sami - Who are you calling? Hope - The guard on Rafe's room. If EJ paid someone to kill Rafe they may very well come back to finish the job.

The guy starts walking towards Rafe's room. The guard's cell rings. He walks away from the door and turns his back to answer the call. He ends the call and steps back in front of the room. The guy stops ... camera pans up to his face ... It's ... who??? (Jensen I presume).

Brady walks up outside the pub and sees Marlena there. What's wrong? Marlena turns to face him.

Kristen throws her purse and the flowers on to the bench and sits down. John returns - So is it true? You're not going to marry my son.

niki

Like others, quite liked the J&M scenes of this episode and yesterdays...although the ridiculous interruptions were quite unnecessary and I would have actually liked the conversations to have had more depth but in what, 8 minutes of airtime over 2 days, they did what they could.

Agree too that Dee was fantastic - but she did have the better lines. However, unlike others I didn't think DHim gave nothing in these scenes but it did seem obvious he doesn't know where this is all going. He's been written into a corner. Should he have acted more devastated at the thought of divorcing the love of his life? Should he have emoted about hurting her in this situation and that he's been acting like an idiot? Yes to all - as a fan that's what I'd expect of his character. Except how can DH convey that when it would make John's next action - sleeping with Kritter - that much more stark in its stupidity? I think he did the best with what he's been given with regards to an inane SL that is ridiculously OOC.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply