Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, May 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 16 2013, 08:31 AM (11,837 Views)
Will&Sonny

Miss Rhi
May 17 2013, 06:04 AM
Please don't post full episodes in these threads.

Thanks
Sorry about that! I didn't realize that it was an issue, but I'll keep that in mind in the future.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

spartan
May 17 2013, 08:18 AM
six
May 17 2013, 08:08 AM
If EJ actually appears to have the strongest motive, I don't see how Lucas would look ridiculous for realizing that. If the writers want to make him look bad, shouldn't they have him saying something that doesn't make any sense?
Agreed. I like that EJ is the first one Lucas, Hope and others are pointing fingers at. It does make sense. The bonus is I like JS playing EJ as reveling in the accusations. He's mind f'ing them in a way and it reminds me of 2007 EJ. :cloud9:
I like EJ reveling in the accusations too, and maybe it makes sense that Lucas accuses EJ now, but when Stefano was shoot he wouldnīt even consider the possible of it not being EJ, which made him look a bit like a fool and that it was just wishful thinking on his part to get him away from Sami, still I donīt think the writhers are trying to make him look like a fool on purpose.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
May 17 2013, 01:31 AM
I fear for Rafe's life because this is the same PD that let fakeRafe sneak into Nicole's mother's room in the hospital and murder her. And I would have preferred if they had let Rafe go blind from the attack and then we had a bitter Rafe dealing with losing his eye sight and learning how to function blind while at the same time he had to figure out a way to protect himself from his attacker who was still determined to kill him.
That actually does sound like a great storyline. However, it would require GG to pull off acting like he's blind for a period of time.

And given that the key word there is 'acting', well...I think it's probably best they didn't go that route.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

six
May 17 2013, 08:08 AM
If EJ actually appears to have the strongest motive, I don't see how Lucas would look ridiculous for realizing that. If the writers want to make him look bad, shouldn't they have him saying something that doesn't make any sense?
Yeah, I didn't get the impression that the writers were making Lucas look bad and even if it was ridiculous, at the very least I'll take Lucas acting in character over him not acting in character. This is something Lucas has always done (and it's just not Lucas BTW, the majority of Salemites immediately suspect the Dimeras even with no evidence pointing toward them). The fact that Hope has evidence pointing to EJ and he's the sole suspect now doesn't make Lucas ridiculous at all.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SocRMum1
May 17 2013, 10:10 AM
camera shy
May 17 2013, 01:31 AM
I fear for Rafe's life because this is the same PD that let fakeRafe sneak into Nicole's mother's room in the hospital and murder her. And I would have preferred if they had let Rafe go blind from the attack and then we had a bitter Rafe dealing with losing his eye sight and learning how to function blind while at the same time he had to figure out a way to protect himself from his attacker who was still determined to kill him.
That actually does sound like a great storyline. However, it would require GG to pull off acting like he's blind for a period of time.

And given that the key word there is 'acting', well...I think it's probably best they didn't go that route.
If Rafe loses his eye sight and memory after waking up from his coma and falls in love with his physical therapist in the process then I'd say that TPTB can't even come up with their own original fucking story.....I wrote a fanfic about that a few years ago. Obviously I've suspected TPTB are pulling straight from fan site fics...which is fine...but this would be hilarious if it proves that the story is something like this one: http://secondchanceslumi.com/topic/6608783/1/#new

As I said in my intro to that fic...I think Bryan could have pulled that story off.....I have my doubts that GG can.

elci525
Member Avatar

Quote:

still I donīt think the writhers are trying to make him look like a fool on purpose.

Oh I could not disagree with this more. In my eyes it's pretty blatantly obvious what the writers think of Lucas and what purpose he serves - and that purpose/raison d'etre right now is pretty limited. But, be that as it may, I am not sure why Lucas is really required to consider other suspects. He is not the police - he doesn't need to be objective here. He can hate on EJ for as long as he wants to - I know I will. His suspicion of EJ after the Stefano shooting was a rather obvious device in relation to the Ejami Bonnie and Clyde shenanigans. So while it's in character for him to doubt EJ (don't blame him), the contrast his suspicions provided was quite intentional indeed, and not meant to do Lucas any favors. Right now he is not ridiculous at all for suspecting EJ - the entire town does, even cop Hope. But I can see this heading down last year's familiar territory. IF Lucas is even given that much air time, which I doubt given recent news.

I don't care about any of that, however. I don't want my thoughts of EJ clouding my experience of Lucas. Glad he was on yesterday, liked his "google" line (knew that was coming after an online chat with BD, I think, so glad to see it pop up), and I'll cherish whatever five seconds I get of Lumi, and I always love Kate/Lucas interactions. So hooray =)
Edited by elci525, May 17 2013, 10:51 AM.

Kinay

It makes sense that EJ is being accused of having Rafe beat up. That is the way he rolls and no one except Sami is buying his new and improved act. This makes Sami look dummer than she already is. I like seeing EJ return to his old ways, the fake niceness is super annoying. The guy is meant to be a creep.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

Kinay
May 17 2013, 10:51 AM
It makes sense that EJ is being accused of having Rafe beat up. That is the way he rolls and no one except Sami is buying his new and improved act. This makes Sami look dummer than she already is. I like seeing EJ return to his old ways, the fake niceness is super annoying. The guy is meant to be a creep.
I donīt think EJ changed either Iīm sure he will do something bad sooner or later, but I donīt think it would make sense if he beat up Rafe since EJ doesnīt want to do anything that could make him loose Samantha.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Matt
May 16 2013, 11:34 PM
Supergirlx2
May 16 2013, 11:13 PM
How is it that, in 12 pages of discussion, no one mentioned Hope's absolutely flawless hair??
Because Hope's flawless hair is simply one naturally understood constant of this show.
Exactly. She is the Rebecca Herbst of DAYS. Well really Rebecca Herbst is the Kristian Alfonso of GH. Hair stays flawless at all times. Doesn't need to ever be mentioned, but sometimes you can't help yourself.

six
Member Avatar

Kinay
May 17 2013, 10:51 AM
The thing is, in this case Sami happens to be right. EJ might backslide, but as of right now, he hasn't done anything wrong.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
May 16 2013, 07:19 PM
I watched a little today. I tried to do the whole show, but I was too bored. I actually watched the J&M scenes twice, but not because they were so good or anything. I missed the slap the first time. I'm not really sure how, lol. I only watched a bit of Bristen, but what little bit I did watch just really reinforced how absolutely moronic Kristen's plan is. It doesn't even make sense. It's obviously physically impossible for Dannifer to have a conversation that isn't completely contrived. I kind of like Jennifer with JJ (and have always liked her with Abby), but not enough to tune in for it. Sami looked ridiculous, and AS was her usual terrible self. If I didn't know differently, I'd have thought they were totally setting up the eventual Safe reunion today. Not sure what that was about.

Of course, the actual reason I chose to try today's episode was for the Kate/Lucas scenes. They were okay. I wish she'd slapped him. That's always fun.
Yeah, I didn't get the whole Sami thing either. Why is she even at the hospital? She and Rafe are over and both Sami and he have moved on. I get she was married to the guy and Johnny loves him, but she is no longer a part of his family and he is no longer a part of hers.. except for Gabi and the baby. All the Sami loves Rafe and is in love with Rafe and always wants the man she can't have.... I could have done without. Rafe needs to move on away from the vortex of suck that is Sami and ditch the Rate crap. Come on, Chrishell.

Kinay

EJ has done nothing wrong that we know of yet but even Sami is suspicious. Of course a little bit of rough sex will shake off her suspicions but I'm hoping soon the real EJ Demira will emerge .

six
Member Avatar

I haven't read any spoilers, but it seems probable to me that what will shake off her suspicions is the truth and the sex is just a bonus. :shrug:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

EJ's done a boatload of things wrong, he just hasn't paid for them.

six
Member Avatar

Yes, he's done some bad things and he definitely paid for some of them, but that post was about the here and now, not things that happened ages ago.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Some of the things he's done and are guilty of right now didn't happen ages ago. He never paid for what he did to Rafe and the kids with the imposter, and he tried to put an innocent man in prison to make himself mayor.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

six
May 17 2013, 02:42 PM
Yes, he's done some bad things and he definitely paid for some of them, but that post was about the here and now, not things that happened ages ago.
Currently EJ is doing the following: 1)Helping Will/Sami steal evidence of Will's crime.
2)Trying to taking Stefano's assets from him.
3)Taking information from Nick's disc related to Titan or whatever the current name of Madison's company.
So while he may not be responsible for Rafe's beating,I don't think it can honestly be said he is doing nothing wrong even though Sami would likely approve of all of the above.

nightfan

One of the reasons the Kristen/Brady story is finally picking up steam is because you really don't know whether Kristen will screw Brady over on their wedding day. She's genuinely developing feelings for him, she genuinely wants their adopted child. Her plans are conflicting with what God has in store for her (a happy life with Brady?) They always say, Kristen, God laughs at your plans! So will she marry Brady and forget her evil agenda? And if so, and she doesn't sleep with John, where does that leave Marlena and John? It's all very intriguing!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Tammy
May 16 2013, 08:08 PM
What makes me laugh is I never thought I would see the day where John and Marlena fans, were ROOTING for Marlena to slap John!

Well, I am sure we have wanted it once or twice over the years come to think of it lol. :P

But it still makes me laugh.
Ah, remember 2000 and 2001? Me wanting Marlena to slap John? Was like half of 2000 and all of 2001.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Matt
May 16 2013, 11:34 PM
Supergirlx2
May 16 2013, 11:13 PM
How is it that, in 12 pages of discussion, no one mentioned Hope's absolutely flawless hair??
Because Hope's flawless hair is simply one naturally understood constant of this show.
Let us be honest here: Even in its suckiest of suck, one can trust Hope Brady to have pretty awesome hair. Hope Brady, I wouldn't say KA because... well, Princess Gina and Gope.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply