Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, May 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 16 2013, 08:31 AM (11,825 Views)
six
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 17 2013, 05:15 PM
six
May 17 2013, 02:42 PM
Yes, he's done some bad things and he definitely paid for some of them, but that post was about the here and now, not things that happened ages ago.
Currently EJ is doing the following: 1)Helping Will/Sami steal evidence of Will's crime.
2)Trying to taking Stefano's assets from him.
3)Taking information from Nick's disc related to Titan or whatever the current name of Madison's company.
So while he may not be responsible for Rafe's beating,I don't think it can honestly be said he is doing nothing wrong even though Sami would likely approve of all of the above.
All those things (except possibly 3 - we won't know what that's about until he actually does something with the usb drive.) are positive things. 1. Helping a victim being blackmailed out of his child's life because he's gay by covering up a crime committed against himself. 2. Bankrupting the most dangerous person in Salem so he can't buy his way out of jail anymore. And whatever he's doing to Stefano must be legal, because I can't see Justin putting his career or freedom on the line for EJ.

These are the kinds of things Bo Brady would have done. #2 is something John and Lucas actually were doing at one point.
Edited by six, May 19 2013, 11:26 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

six
May 19 2013, 11:16 AM
BeeBee
six
Yes, he's done some bad things and he definitely paid for some of them, but that post was about the here and now, not things that happened ages ago.
Currently EJ is doing the following: 1)Helping Will/Sami steal evidence of Will's crime.
3)Taking information from Nick's disc related to Titan or whatever the current name of Madison's company.
So while he may not be responsible for Rafe's beating,I don't think it can honestly be said he is doing nothing wrong even though Sami would likely approve of all of the above.
All those things (except possibly 3 - we won't know what that's about until he actually does something with the usb drive.) are positive things. 1. Helping a victim being blackmailed out of his child's life because he's gay by covering up a crime committed against himself. 2. Bankrupting the most dangerous person in Salem so he can't buy his way out of jail anymore. And whatever he's doing to Stefano must be legal, because I can't see Justin putting his career or freedom on the line for EJ.

These are the kinds of things Bo Brady would have done. #2 is something John and Lucas actually were doing at one point.
It's a cliche' I know but I don't believe two wrongs make a right.It's difficult to believe downloading the intellectual property of a rival company without permission of anyone associated with that company is lawful or that EJ did so for the greater good of anyone except himself.This behavior is in my eyes wrong whether he actually uses it or not.2) I don't believe EJ is taking over Stefano's company for any altruistic purpose at all especially that of keeping Stefano from commiting any further crimes.There is a difference between legal and ethical.I don't see that using technically legal steps to take something that you have not earned and that does not belong to you is doing the right thing.Assisting Sami and Will in their request to have Stefano commit additional crimes by using a police officer Stefano has bribed /threatened in in order to get said officer to steal from evidence of a crime from the police is wrong regardless of whether EJ thinks crime is okay along as there is a good motive for engaging in crime.
For these reasons,in my eyes EJ is currently doing bad things even though at this point it is not known whether had someone beat up Rafe.I am not saying other characters would not have done the same.I saw Lucas and Sami unsucessfully try to steal the evidence and I have seen Bo,Rafe.Roman and others engage in questionable
and/or illegal behavior. I don't dislike the character of EJ,I just disagree that he is not currently doing anything wrong.
Edited by BeeBee, May 19 2013, 12:35 PM.

MissLola
Member Avatar

:shutup: Oh boy.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 19 2013, 12:29 PM
six
BeeBee
six

It's a cliche' I know but I don't believe two wrongs make a right.It's difficult to believe downloading the intellectual property of a rival company without permission of anyone associated with that company is lawful or that EJ did so for the greater good of anyone except himself.This behavior is in my eyes wrong whether he actually uses it or not.2) I don't believe EJ is taking over Stefano's company for any altruistic purpose at all especially that of keeping Stefano from commiting any further crimes.There is a difference between legal and ethical.I don't see that using technically legal steps to take something that you have not earned and that does not belong to you is doing the right thing.Assisting Sami and Will in their request to have Stefano commit additional crimes by using a police officer Stefano has bribed /threatened in in order to get said officer to steal from evidence of a crime from the police is wrong regardless of whether EJ thinks crime is okay along as there is a good motive for engaging in crime.
For these reasons,in my eyes EJ is currently doing bad things even though at this point it is not known whether had someone beat up Rafe.I am not saying other characters would not have done the same.I saw Lucas and Sami unsucessfully try to steal the evidence and I have seen Bo,Rafe.Roman and others engage in questionable
and/or illegal behavior. I don't dislike the character of EJ,I just disagree that he is not currently doing anything wrong.
That's fine. We're obviously not going to agree on this. Although I do agree that two wrongs often don't make a right, in a situation where one of he wrongs hurts someone and the other "wrong" victimizes no one and instead actually helps someone, is an exception to the rule. And legal corporate maneuvering is just business. Which is why, although I'm no fan of Lucas or John these days, when they cooked up their plot to take Dimera Enterprises from EJ, I was fine with it. And my point about other characters having done the same was not something built on the idea that you dislike EJ. The point was that to me, the things EJ has done recently are heroic-rogue sorts of things that you'd expect from an imperfect good guy like Bo. Things that would drive Abe and nuRoman crazy, but are not actually bad in context, like EJ having Nick killed or framing Stefano would be. But it's cool if you see it differently.

And I don't think EJ is targeting Stefano for altruistic reasons, either, but Justin brought up that a side effect of this plan would mean that Stefan might end up in prison. And although I like Stefano, that's where he belongs so legally putting him there is a positive thing in my view.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

six
May 19 2013, 02:09 PM
BeeBee
May 19 2013, 12:29 PM
six
BeeBee

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

That's fine. We're obviously not going to agree on this. Although I do agree that two wrongs often don't make a right, in a situation where one of he wrongs hurts someone and the other "wrong" victimizes no one and instead actually helps someone, is an exception to the rule. And legal corporate maneuvering is just business. Which is why, although I'm no fan of Lucas or John these days, when they cooked up their plot to take Dimera Enterprises from EJ, I was fine with it. And my point about other characters having done the same was not something built on the idea that you dislike EJ. The point was that to me, the things EJ has done recently are heroic-rogue sorts of things that you'd expect from an imperfect good guy like Bo. Things that would drive Abe and nuRoman crazy, but are not actually bad in context, like EJ having Nick killed or framing Stefano would be. But it's cool if you see it differently.

And I don't think EJ is targeting Stefano for altruistic reasons, either, but Justin brought up that a side effect of this plan would mean that Stefan might end up in prison. And although I like Stefano, that's where he belongs so legally putting him there is a positive thing in my view.
Okay.Agree to disagree.Peace.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

six
May 16 2013, 12:05 PM
I should PBP this special report. A marine is holding an umbrella over Obama.

Okay, I'm not really going to PBP it, but I felt the need to share that with all of you.
:shrug: What's the big deal?

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
May 16 2013, 12:11 PM
Matt
May 16 2013, 12:10 PM
I love how they've been staging it so that Jack's picture is often seen over JJ's shoulder.
The spirit of Jack compels JJ to hate and attack fetch
Jack would never do evil things that JJ is doing. Casey Moss is a good actor, but having him be all about hating everyone because his daddy's dead. He's 17 years old not 7, although that's closer to the age he should be. He's a pot dealing, and very likely pot smoking, a-hole. I think Jack & Jennifer both are to blame for sending him to school in London alone. He should've been with them, maybe he would've grown up better. Sounds like he's gonna be a male Sami!

six
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
May 19 2013, 03:58 PM
six
May 16 2013, 12:05 PM
I should PBP this special report. A marine is holding an umbrella over Obama.

Okay, I'm not really going to PBP it, but I felt the need to share that with all of you.
:shrug: What's the big deal?
There is no big deal. Just like nothing else in the thread is.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
May 19 2013, 04:04 PM
Panda Panda
May 16 2013, 12:11 PM
Matt
May 16 2013, 12:10 PM
I love how they've been staging it so that Jack's picture is often seen over JJ's shoulder.
The spirit of Jack compels JJ to hate and attack fetch
Jack would never do evil things that JJ is doing. Casey Moss is a good actor, but having him be all about hating everyone because his daddy's dead. He's 17 years old not 7, although that's closer to the age he should be. He's a pot dealing, and very likely pot smoking, a-hole. I think Jack & Jennifer both are to blame for sending him to school in London alone. He should've been with them, maybe he would've grown up better. Sounds like he's gonna be a male Sami!
I think raping someone is lot worse than acting out against Mommy's new boyfriend and smoking pot.
I liked Jack, but let's get real. He was considered a villian in the late eighties. JJ's actions are nowhere near evil yet.
Edited by MissLola, May 19 2013, 05:29 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 16 2013, 12:52 PM
Why does Sami continue to say that shit about Ej changing....I thought she knew who he was and was going to love him anyway...or did that change? Seriously....
Choose a position and stick with it Sami.

Stop being so fickle.

concerned
Member Avatar

Matt
May 16 2013, 02:59 PM
I'm amused that this entire Vargas/Nick storyline seems to be about stock investments. Nick is essentially Vargas's daytrader, broker, & money man. Because Vargas looks like a guy who makes all his money on the stock market...
Hmmm maybe I should start watching more "finance" shows.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply