Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, May 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 17 2013, 07:05 AM (18,247 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

blueskies
May 17 2013, 01:02 PM
Matt
May 17 2013, 12:59 PM
today's show was directed by Herb Stein from a script written by Richard Culliton (his second in a row & third Culliton episode in a row)
I'm hoping they're saving Salmons for the Kristen reveal. I really like the Cullitons too, but if she doesn't get the script I admit I'm gonna be depressed.
OMG! I was thinking the same thing!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

samwel
May 17 2013, 01:11 PM
LuvingLumi
May 17 2013, 01:05 PM
Sami doesn't know what we the audience knows....and even based on what we know it still looks like the evidence is mounting against Ej. At the very, very least Sami should be cautious and not just telling everyone that Ej didn't do it, that he couldn't have possibly done it, that he would never do that....because as we all know...he's done it before, he's certainly capable of doing it again and he would certainly do it again if need be. So in the end, yes, Sami does look stupid NOW, by saying those things even if she technically is right and the others are wrong.....
:huh:

Sami is not trusting blindly either.....we actually see her posing the question to EJ......she is not joining his naysayers but at the same time, she is at least asking.

Quote:

It doesn't make her smart either. She has no reason/evidence to think that he didn't do it.

she is not condemning the man but at the same time she is questioning him.
She may want to believe EJ even with her doubts because she still needs him to take care of her Nick problem since apparently she's ill-equipped to do that on her own.

lysie
Member Avatar

samwel
May 17 2013, 01:14 PM
lysie
May 17 2013, 01:09 PM
samwel
May 17 2013, 01:07 PM
lysie
May 17 2013, 01:04 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
no but condemning a man just based on his past is.
They have evidence, lol. That's also just kind of the way things work when your looking for a suspect.
what evidence? Gabi's words and EJ meeting Rafe at the pub? They have made him an official suspect without anything to really go by, relying heavily on their past.
I don't really get the desire to have everyone ignore history and not act like human beings. They have evidence that may not be the greatest but it's evidence nonetheless. There's clear motive and a bad history between Rafe and EJ. They'd be morons not to think he's behind it. Yes, they're wrong. This time. That doesn't make their actions make any less sense.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Laufeyson
May 17 2013, 01:13 PM
Is it possible this Jensen guy is on the Dimera payroll? Vargas has already shown that the Dimera name knows no boundaries even in jail, Rafe being a cop he's created a lot of enemies over the years so who knows at this stage who's really behind Rafe's attack, speculation of course.
THe way Ej was staring at him today who knows.....I'm thinking they are putting all these possible holes into this storyline so if they have to tie this beating to the Dimeras in the future they can and it won't look totally out of left field. It's like Lucas shooting Ej in 2007, they intentionally created a bunch of holes in that story and other possible suspects while the investigation was going on.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

And if Rafe's still in a coma in August it's also possible that the still won't know who the real attacker is.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

samwel
lysie
samwel
lysie
May 17 2013, 01:04 PM

no but condemning a man just based on his past is.
They have evidence, lol. That's also just kind of the way things work when your looking for a suspect.
what evidence? Gabi's words and EJ meeting Rafe at the pub? They have made him an official suspect without anything to really go by, relying heavily on their past.
Well, the fact that EJ already tried to kill Rafe once before & did that whole switch with Rafe2 (among other things) would put him high on any smart person's suspect list. The first thing you always look at in an attempted murder are known enemies. EJ's probably the biggest known enemy Rafe has. It was also established that because of the severity of the attack that it was most likely personal. If the police DIDN'T immediately have EJ on their initial suspect list they'd look like total idiots. And just because he's a suspect doesn't automatically make him guilty (that whole 'innocent until proven' thing) and he hasn't even been charged. He's a SUSPECT. Which is as it should be.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Even when he comes out of his coma he might not remember who it is

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Matt
May 17 2013, 12:30 PM
Hope to Sami: "EJ could have a bullet riddled corpse at his feet & a smoking gun in his hand & you'd still think he was innocent."
She's ride or die! lol

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Rafe was gotten from behind.

Which, after his run in with Nick today, seems to be how Jensen likes to do it.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 17 2013, 01:22 PM
Did he actually see he beat him up?

samwel

Matt
samwel
lysie
samwel

Well, the fact that EJ already tried to kill Rafe once before & did that whole switch with Rafe2 (among other things) would put him high on any smart person's suspect list. The first thing you always look at in an attempted murder are known enemies. EJ's probably the biggest known enemy Rafe has. It was also established that because of the severity of the attack that it was most likely personal. If the police DIDN'T immediately have EJ on their initial suspect list they'd look like total idiots. And just because he's a suspect doesn't automatically make him guilty (that whole 'innocent until proven' thing) and he hasn't even been charged. He's a SUSPECT. Which is as it should be.
all that is good and well, but the suspect list begins and end with him.

Quote:

He was hit from behind, I don't see how he would know anyway.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
May 17 2013, 01:24 PM
Matt
Hope to Sami: "EJ could have a bullet riddled corpse at his feet & a smoking gun in his hand & you'd still think he was innocent."
She's ride or die! lol
Uhm........no!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
May 17 2013, 12:36 PM
Ciara & Johnny are pretty much the stars of the show today. Of course, when I said I wanted DAYS to focus on the younger generation, I wasn't quite meaning SO young. lol
I don't mind the focus on this age group. lol.

They're more exciting than half the "teens".
Edited by Supergirlx2, May 17 2013, 01:29 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

samwel
May 17 2013, 01:25 PM
Matt
samwel
lysie

all that is good and well, but the suspect list begins and end with him.
Probably because the investigation JUST STARTED. Perhaps WE should let the story continue before WE jump to judgment about whatever outcome or meaning we're presuming.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Supergirlx2
May 17 2013, 01:28 PM
Matt
Ciara & Johnny are pretty much the stars of the show today. Of course, when I said I wanted DAYS to focus on the younger generation, I wasn't quite meaning SO young. lol
I don't mind the focus on this age group. lol.

They're more exciting than half the "teens".
Especially since half the "teens" are well into the 20s or more. lol

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Of course EJ should be a suspect. As a cop, Hope is doing what she should be doing by investigating him. And as his fiancée, Sam is doing what she should be doing by defending him. I think both their actions make sense. It's not like one has to be right and one has to be wrong in this scenario.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I thought Rafe looked up before he was kicked. I might be wrong about that though

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
May 17 2013, 01:24 PM
TreasureCove
Did he actually see he beat him up?
He turned around to see the guy but the camera went blurry so we, of course, don't know who's behind the attack for sure. Plus I believe Daniel said that Rafe will have retro-grade amnesia once he wakes up
Edited by Panda Panda, May 17 2013, 01:31 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

blueskies
May 17 2013, 12:41 PM
DiMeraFan67
May 17 2013, 12:39 PM
tomsawyer
cord08
Hope dropping anvils about "keeping her children safe" in front of Sami.
Yep. I'm already rubbing my hands together in anticipation of the Hope-Sami showdown after Will is shot and the prisoner release letter is discovered.
This is going to be so good! And Sami won't be wrong. I wonder how I'll feel when that's going on since I love Hope and hate Sami. Can't wait!
To be fair if Sami hadn't left Ciara alone after Hope asked her to stay with her none of this would have happened.
Exactly. Plus, the cop dude that left the letter shouldn't have left Cuara to be the one to tell her Mother's was an important letter. He should've left Hope a text/voicemail/email.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

If Gabi would have opened her damn mouth then Nick would be a suspect as well and since he can't disclose where he was at the time of the attack, he would most likely be the main suspect for the time being..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply