Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, May 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 17 2013, 07:05 AM (18,495 Views)
Angelsmile

six
May 17 2013, 12:59 PM
TreasureCove
May 17 2013, 12:57 PM
six
May 17 2013, 12:51 PM
I'd just like to note that in today's episode, Days of our Lives flashed back to some of EJ's crimes.
Does Days not realize just how stupid it makes Sami, or do they just not care?
I'll bet that Days realizes that Sami is a character on a soap opera about a fictional town where nearly everyone is a criminal on their tenth or eleventh chance. Just a guess, though.
This! THis! Freakin' THIS!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angelsmile

samwel
May 17 2013, 01:14 PM
lysie
May 17 2013, 01:09 PM
samwel
May 17 2013, 01:07 PM
lysie
May 17 2013, 01:04 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
no but condemning a man just based on his past is.
They have evidence, lol. That's also just kind of the way things work when your looking for a suspect.
what evidence? Gabi's words and EJ meeting Rafe at the pub? They have made him an official suspect without anything to really go by, relying heavily on their past.
I never got that. Hope named him basically the prime suspect in front of everyone in the hospital based on the fact that he was meeting EJ at a place they know he never made it to, to pick up a jacket they know he never got.

ETA...

Nothing against his being a suspect, but the main and only focus....
Edited by Angelsmile, May 19 2013, 11:04 AM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

To quote Matt:

Quote:

Well, the fact that EJ already tried to kill Rafe once before & did that whole switch with Rafe2 (among other things) would put him high on any smart person's suspect list. The first thing you always look at in an attempted murder are known enemies. EJ's probably the biggest known enemy Rafe has. It was also established that because of the severity of the attack that it was most likely personal. If the police DIDN'T immediately have EJ on their initial suspect list they'd look like total idiots. And just because he's a suspect doesn't automatically make him guilty (that whole 'innocent until proven' thing) and he hasn't even been charged. He's a SUSPECT. Which is as it should be.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Angelsmile
May 19 2013, 09:57 AM
TreasureCove
May 17 2013, 12:43 PM
DiMeraFan67
May 17 2013, 12:39 PM
tomsawyer
May 17 2013, 12:36 PM

This is going to be so good! And Sami won't be wrong. I wonder how I'll feel when that's going on since I love Hope and hate Sami. Can't wait!
Sami left the child alone in a police station with dangerous people in it after telling her mother she would watch her.
Let's be real here....

Sami left the child in her mother's office. Which if I remember correctly, had not even 1 criminal in it. if Hope's office was such a hotbed of criminal activity why did she bring her daughter there in the first place. Sami shouldn't have left because she promised Hope she would watch her, but in reality that is where her culpability ends.
I don't think it was about Hope's office being a hotbed of criminal activity. Ciara's only 8-10 or so, and Hope didn't want her to get bored and decide to go exploring. They've changed the Salem PD set to just be the reusable blue room as opposed to the office and big room that criminals were brought in & hung out in while being processed.
At the end of the day, Hope didn't want Ciara left alone in her office, and Sami didn't say she couldn't watch Ciara. Sami should've stayed. The cop dude that dropped off the letter also gets some blame because he should've followed up with Hope to ensure that she got the note, since it was so important.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Angelsmile
May 19 2013, 10:16 AM
samwel
May 17 2013, 01:14 PM
lysie
May 17 2013, 01:09 PM
samwel
May 17 2013, 01:07 PM

They have evidence, lol. That's also just kind of the way things work when your looking for a suspect.
what evidence? Gabi's words and EJ meeting Rafe at the pub? They have made him an official suspect without anything to really go by, relying heavily on their past.
I never got that. Hope named him basically the prime suspect in front of everyone in the hospital based on the fact that he was meeting EJ at a place they know he never made it to, to pick up a jacket they know he never got.

ETA...

Nothing against his being a suspect, but the main and only focus....
Most of the cop shows have anyone that was with the victim or was supposed to meet the victim, etc. focused on as suspects. Gabi keeping the muffin/Nick relation a secret means Hope has no reason to also suspect Nick of the attack. Hope is following the evidence - EJ was meeting Rafe at the pub, & Hope, having been in the room when Rafe was on the phone with EJ, knows that Rafe had said he needed to walk, the FBI jacket means Rafe never made it to the pub, and Gabi telling Hope about the "it's done? good!" call fits in with the timeline of when Rafe was attacked.
DiMeras have been accused of crimes in the past with much less circumstantial evidence.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

If Hope and Sami volley the blame like everyone in this thread I will be very satisfied with those scenes. I do think they're both partly to blame. Any way you slice it, Hope should not have left her kid with SAMI. And of course Sami did a piss poor job of watching Ciara because she isn't a responsible person.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm truly surprised when anyone thinks Sami's able to look after a goldfish let alone a child (or 4).
Edited by Matt, May 19 2013, 05:00 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Matt
May 19 2013, 05:00 PM
I'm truly surprised when anyone thinks Sami's able to look after a goldfish let alone a child (or 4).
:hail:
Matt, you're my everything! (Here, that is ;) )

Sweet and Salty

gailwinters
May 17 2013, 02:16 PM
From the phone call that Hope got, it sounded like Jensen and Rafe have some prior connection.
Omg that Jensen was one creepy son-of-agun!!! The epitome of dead eyes!!

Sweet and Salty

Matt
May 17 2013, 03:21 PM
Of course, everyone here knows that Marlena is logically responsible for all of this. If only she hadn't fucked up in the 80s and had been a better shot, nothing that Stefano or the DiMeras who came afterwards would've transpired so ALL of that blood is truly on her head.

The Marlenafly Effect.
You forgot the sarcasm alert! ;)

Sweet and Salty

Matt
May 17 2013, 03:28 PM
Last I checked, the only thing Gabi was really TRULY guilty of was faking a stalker which would then *maybe* (I forget) involve filing a false police report. In regards to Andrew, she would be guilty of obstruction of justice and accessory after the fact. The actual explosion had nothing to do with her. She didn't take anyone to the tunnels. She didn't turn any gas on. She didn't set any explosions. At best, Gabi is guilty of only misdemeanors and I'm certain that she would only receive probation. To equate Gabi's crimes with EJ's crimes is pretty damn ridiculous. And I actually LIKE EJ and (mostly) tolerate Gabi.
Wow! 24 likes! That's the most I've seen I think! Got some Gabi likers! I do agree, Gabi is no "super-criminal". Guilty of getting into an ugly horrible situation, yes. And now "guilty" of falling for a major creepy/geek!!

tatigers81
Member Avatar

six
May 17 2013, 12:59 PM
TreasureCove
May 17 2013, 12:57 PM
six
May 17 2013, 12:51 PM
I'd just like to note that in today's episode, Days of our Lives flashed back to some of EJ's crimes.
Does Days not realize just how stupid it makes Sami, or do they just not care?
I'll bet that Days realizes that Sami is a character on a soap opera about a fictional town where nearly everyone is a criminal on their tenth or eleventh chance. Just a guess, though.

Ha! love this reminds me of Ej's quote "everyone tries to kill somebody now and then" - yep on soap operas they do! LOL! IT's a soap opera not real life! I'm loving that Sami and EJ are willing to put their past indiscretions behind them and moving forward :)

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

multiple rapes isn't an indiscretion, and sorry, but I know too many people who have been raped to enjoy it being promoted as romantic in any form, fictional or not.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 21 2013, 04:20 PM
multiple rapes isn't an indiscretion, and sorry, but I know too many people who have been raped to enjoy it being promoted as romantic in any form, fictional or not.
Well in that case I can't see how any woman should ever be paired with such a monster, much less my favorite female character. Castrate him and send him to hell immediately!!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Did I say the character had to be removed from the show? They didn't remove Jack. They didn't turn Jack raping Kayla into a romance either.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 21 2013, 06:18 PM
Did I say the character had to be removed from the show? They didn't remove Jack. They didn't turn Jack raping Kayla into a romance either.
Huh? Who said anything about him being removed from the show? :mellow:

six
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Well then good news! Nobody has promoted rape as romantic.
Edited by six, May 21 2013, 06:30 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Unless they build a set for hell, sending him there would be removing the character from the show

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

six
May 21 2013, 06:29 PM
TreasureCove
Well then good news! Nobody has promoted rape as romantic.
Days of our Lives is.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 21 2013, 06:30 PM
Unless they build a set for hell, sending him there would be removing the character from the show
:laugh: . Good one. But really. They could at least castrate him, register him as a sex offender, and never let him near the good woman of Salem again. Maybe Jenn, Kayla, Sami, and Nicole should start a support group for woman who have been sexually exploited, raped, and sexually abused. What an animal! They all should be horrified by someone like that walking the streets of Salem.
Edited by MissLola, May 21 2013, 06:37 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply