Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1999 Episode Rankings updated...Hope/Gina totals changed...; PLUS: All of 20th century (1965-1999) is now complete!
Topic Started: May 17 2013, 11:18 AM (466 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

JASON47 RESEARCH PASSES ANOTHER MAJOR MILESTONE...ALL OF 20TH CENTURY RESEARCH IS COMPLETE!!

Just finished the cast & set list for 12/31/99, which completes all of 1965-1999 (and all of the 20th century)!! 8,706 episodes are now in the books!!

12/31/99: Belle, Bo, Greta, Hope/Gina, John, Lili, Marlena, Shawn, Stefano, Doug, Julie, Bart, Rolf, Patty, Designer.
Sets: Salem Place, Gina's Salem Inn Suite & Corridor, Castle Turret, Marlena's Penthouse, Roadside with John's Car, Bart's Car, DiMera Mansion Secret Room, St. Luke's Church with Confessional, Groom's Dressing Room, Bride's Dressing Room.

1998 IS NOW IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!
Only 7 errors were found after checking the daily cast lists. All of the changes have been made on the website.

CORRECTIONS TO 1998 EPISODE RANKINGS:
Victor Alfieri (Franco)...MINUS 1
Krista Allen (Billie)...MINUS 1
Shawn & Taylor Carpenter (Will)...MINUS 1
Christie Clark (Carrie)...ADD 1
Julianne Morris (Swamp Girl)...ADD 1
Austin Peck (Austin)...ADD 1
Jose Yenque (Darrell)...ADD 1

CORRECTIONS TO CHARACTER TOTALS FOR DUAL ROLES:
Kristen Blake...ADD 5
Susan Banks...MINUS 10
Penelope Kent...ADD 6
Gina VonAmberg...MINUS 4

The above changes were made to the dual roles of Kristen/Susan/Penelope and Gina VonAmberg, after checking the daily logs more closely. The two weeks of episodes when Kristen was impersonating Susan (and Penelope, not Kristen, was dead in the pool) have now been changed in the rankings. Also, 4 episodes were removed from Gina's totals because those were actually "new flashbacks" of Hope remembering her time when she thought she was Gina (The 3 Gina appearances were of the real Princess Gina in Greta's new flashbacks). These changes did not have an affect on the total episodes for Kristian Alfonso (179) or Eileen Davidson (77), which remained unchanged.
Edited by Jason47, May 20 2013, 11:46 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

What year did the Gina stuff end / when will your headache stop?

Jason47
Member Avatar

Actualy, it was more of the 1998/early 1999 stuff being a headache when I first asked for help. I had to go back and change some of my original records and change some Hope stuff to either "Gina" or "Hope as Gina." But, I've been in contact with a helpful member here who assisted me with several questions, so that we can get the correct Hope/Gina appearances finalized once I do the tallies for 1998 and 1999. I decided to skip tallying 1998 and went right into the 1999 cast/set lists. Now both 1998 and 1999 are awaiting their final tallies, so I might get started on some 2000 stuff next, or start on the 1998 final tally list.

The real Gina is just about to be killed in January 2000, and Hope & Stefano are captured and sitting in the castle turret in France in this moment of the research.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Was this the episode where Marlena confronted Gina (as Hope) and threatened to do everything in her power to stop the wedding to Bo...loved that confrontation.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 17 2013, 12:01 PM
Was this the episode where Marlena confronted Gina (as Hope) and threatened to do everything in her power to stop the wedding to Bo...loved that confrontation.
I'm just working off my daily logs of the scene-by-scenes, so all I see are the character names and set names when I compile the daily lists. But from Dustin's archives, here was the 12/31/99 episode info (it was one of his shorter synopses since he says he was taking down his Christmas decorations that day). But from reading that, yes, this was the episode with the confrontation between Marlena and Gina.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040610202407/http://www.geocities.com/rdustinc/daysums/December99/week5.html

Friday
December 31
I was forced to undecorated the house, so this was typed after I watched the show, therefore it is a lot shorter than normal

Gina is getting into her gown as Lily and Greta help her. Gina's gown is white, but looks like a royal snow queens robes and is accompanied by a crown. When Julie and Doug show up they are taken aback, and Julie comments that her gown looks like something Princess Gina would wear. That comment doesn't amuse Gina one bit. As Doug and Julie discus the fact that this is not their "Hope," Gina gets ticked off and tells them both to leave for the church right now, without her! They are shocked, but decide to leave.

Out in the hall, Doug and Julie run into Marlena, who has come to have it out with "Hope" and try and convince her once again not to do this. Marlena goes into see "Hope," and the two get into a huge argument. Shawn shows up, after being convinced by Bo to tell his "mother" that he believes this wedding will be good for her, and hears Gina telling Marlena to stay out of her life. Marlena leaves, and when "Hope" finds Shawn waiting to see her at her door, she tells him not now and slams the door in his face! Shawn tells Doug and Julie that they have to find his dad and stop this wedding.

Doug and Julie run into Bo in Salem Place and ask him not to go through with this wedding, but Bo won't listen to them and insists on marrying "Hope."

Greta returns to see her mother after all her confrontations with various people, and she finds her mother strapping on a gun! She is shocked, but Gina insists it is only in case Stefano shows up and tries to ruin things. Later, Gina looks at herself in the mirror and the evil Gina appears. She tells herself that she will let nobody interfere with this wedding, she has killed before and she will kill again if necessary!

John realizes he is being followed, but he doesn't know it is by Bart and Rolfe. John eventually loses them and returns home, but his cut is still bleeding. Rolfe fears that John's chip could fall out through the incision, so he plans to attend the wedding disguised as an Italian Priest. He tells himself that if the chip does fall out or fails, he will simply have to kill John!

John returns home to the penthouse to get ready for the wedding, but Marlena tells him that they will not be attending the wedding.

In France, Stefano finishes his radio and makes a device which will send an SOS signal to the radio station the radio is tuned to. He tells Hope that all they need is for the disc jockey to pick up the signal. As Stefano radios for help, Hope prays Bo will rescue her.

Jason47
Member Avatar

1998 IS NOW IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!
Only 7 errors were found after checking the daily cast lists. All of the changes have been made on the website.

CORRECTIONS TO 1998 EPISODE RANKINGS:
Victor Alfieri (Franco)...MINUS 1
Krista Allen (Billie)...MINUS 1
Shawn & Taylor Carpenter (Will)...MINUS 1
Christie Clark (Carrie)...ADD 1
Julianne Morris (Swamp Girl)...ADD 1
Austin Peck (Austin)...ADD 1
Jose Yenque (Darrell)...ADD 1

Kristen Blake...ADD 5
Susan Banks...MINUS 10
Penelope Kent...ADD 6
Gina VonAmberg...MINUS 4

The above changes were made to the dual roles of Kristen/Susan/Penelope and Gina VonAmberg, after checking the daily logs more closely. The two weeks of episodes when Kristen was impersonating Susan (and Penelope, not Kristen, was dead in the pool) have now been changed in the rankings. Also, 4 episodes were removed from Gina's totals because those were actually "new flashbacks" of Hope remembering her time when she thought she was Gina (The 3 Gina appearances were of the real Princess Gina in Greta's new flashbacks). These changes did not have an affect on the total episodes for Kristian Alfonso (179) or Eileen Davidson (77), which remained unchanged.

1999 EPISODE RANKINGS NOW CONFIRMED!!
As with 1998, only 7 errors were found after checking the daily cast lists for 1999. All of the changes have been made on the website. Four current actors with "Days", Ron Leath, Peggy McCay, Alison Sweeney and Arianne Zucker had changes to their totals.

CORRECTIONS TO 1999 EPISODE RANKINGS:
Brittany Lee Carr (Young Greta)...ADD 1
Ron Leath (Henderson)...MINUS 1
Peggy McCay (Caroline)...ADD 1
Elsa Raven (Lucille)...ADD 1
Alison Sweeney (Sami)...MINUS 1
William Utay (Rolf)...ADD 1
Arianne Zucker (Nicole)...ADD 1

Hope Brady...ADD 89
Gina VonAmberg...MINUS 52

The above changes were made to the dual roles of Hope/Gina after making major corrections. Until today, the "Hope as Gina" episodes were incorrectly credited to Gina. Since this was actually Hope just brainwashed to believe she was Gina, these episodes are now correctly credited to Hope. Because of this, Hope gains 89 episodes in the character totals, and Gina loses 52 episodes. Kristian Alfonso's total of 217 episodes for 1999 remains unchanged.
Edited by Jason47, May 21 2013, 11:41 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply