Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47 scoop confirmed this week by SOD; First reported the name on May 17!
Topic Started: May 17 2013, 07:24 PM (14,934 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

An iconic set will be returning to "Days" this summer. More news to follow soon... :)

"DAYS" BRINGS BACK ICONIC SET THIS SUMMER!

The Horton Kitchen set was seen for the first time on November 12, 1965, in just the 5th episode of "Days." It continued to be seen throughout the decades, and began to be used less and less in the 2000's, eventually being phased out altogether. The kitchen was seen one last time, when Salemites returned to say goodbye to Alice Horton, for 6 episodes which aired from June 17-June 28, 2010. Three years have since passed, and now "Days" is bringing back this iconic set, which joins the Horton Living Room set as two of the longest-running sets in television history!

HORTON KITCHEN, 1965:
The Horton Kitchen is seen in this clip from the first "Days" Christmas episode from December 27, 1965:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBjnhqQol3k&feature=player_detailpage#t=374s

HORTON KITCHEN, 2010:
45 years later, Bill Hayes (Doug) and James Reynolds (Abe) pose on the iconic set the last time it was seen, in June 2010:
Posted Image

Mid-June Episode Sneak Peek:

5/18 UPDATE:

22 characters & Stunt Coordinator

10 sets

5/20 UPDATE:
Characters (of 22): Abe, EJ, Eric, Gabi, John, Nurse.
Sets (of 10): Coffee House, Gabi's Hospital Room, Hospital Waiting Area, Nurses' Station.

5/22 UPDATE: MORE SNEAK PEEKS OF A JUNE EPISODE!
Characters (of 22): Abe, Brady, EJ, Eric, Gabi, John, Marlena, Sami, Bernardi, Nurse, Forensic Cop.
Sets (of 10): Ext. Brady Pub, Coffee House, Gabi's Hospital Room, Hospital Waiting Area, Nurses' Station, Small Bathroom.

5/28 UPDATE: MORE SNEAK PEEKS OF A JUNE EPISODE!
Characters (of 22): Abe, Brady, EJ, Eric, Gabi, Hope, John, Kate, Kayla, Marlena, Rafe, Sami, Bernardi, Nurse, Forensic Cop, Security Guard # 1, Security Guard # 2.
Sets (of 10): Ext. Brady Pub, Coffee House, Gabi's Hospital Room, Hospital Waiting Area, Nurses' Station, Rafe's Hospital Room, Rectory Office, Small Bathroom.

6/2 UPDATE: FINAL SNEAK PEEK OF A JUNE EPISODE!
Characters (22): Abe, Brady, EJ, Eric, Gabi, Hope, John, Kate, Kayla, Kristen, Marlena, Nicole, Rafe, Sami, Stefano, Maxine, Bernardi, Bystander, Nurse, Forensic Cop, Security Guard # 1, Security Guard # 2.
Sets (10): Ext. Brady Pub, Coffee House, DiMera Mansion, Gabi's Hospital Room, Horton Town Square, Hospital Waiting Area, Nurses' Station, Rafe's Hospital Room, Rectory Office, Small Bathroom.

EPISODE AIRS ON TUESDAY, JUNE 11:
Characters (22): Abe, Brady, EJ, Eric, Gabi, Hope, John, Kate, Kayla, Kristen, Marlena, Nicole, Rafe, Sami, Stefano, Maxine, Bernardi, Bystander, Nurse, Forensic Cop, Security Guard # 1, Security Guard # 2.
Sets (10): Ext. Brady Pub, Coffee House, DiMera Mansion, Gabi's Hospital Room, Horton Town Square, Hospital Waiting Area, Nurses' Station, Rafe's Hospital Room, Rectory Office, Small Bathroom.
Edited by Jason47, Jun 4 2013, 07:23 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Salem Place please!

Jason47
Member Avatar

The name of one of the newbies may be revealed...can't confirm 100%, but odds point to it being either Chrishell Stause or Jen Lilley's character name.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

You're such a tease! Can't wait for the reveals. :3
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Sindacco
May 17 2013, 07:26 PM
Salem Place please!
It can't be anything BUT Salem Place, right?! Watch it be the dumb clearing in the woods....

Jason47
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
May 17 2013, 07:42 PM
Sindacco
Salem Place please!
It can't be anything BUT Salem Place, right?! Watch it be the dumb clearing in the woods....
Being the Days historian, I hope you think that I have better taste than to call a "clearing in the woods" an iconic set!! :)

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Please, not Salem U.

dooldooldool

The pier.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
May 17 2013, 08:01 PM
The pier.
i would laugh so hard that i'd be reduced to tears

krissy-k

I wonder if Jen Lilley may be playing Sonny's friend from his past that Freddie Smith talked about in an interview. Everybody seems confident that Chrishell is going to be the PT that we heard about a long time ago.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
The pier.
I would vote for the pier. Would love to have that back for some juicy scenes.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Salem Place please!
I'd love for Salem Place to make a come back but I have a feeling that its probably going to be the pier

Sindacco
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
The pier.
If it's the classic one. Not the ugly 2009-11 one.

blueskies
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
The pier.
that's what i was thinking too. I'm still not sure it's been gone long enough for me yet.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

This old fart would love "Doug's Place" to come back, but that's so 80's.......

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I wonder if they could bring back the outdoor balcony set of the hospital?

rae

I'd love to see the penthouse brought back, because seriously, that's where the REAL John and Marlena have been hiding out since Kristen returned.

Sparrow

This is exciting, Jason. I love it when you gets the scoops.

Mason

Salem Place, the old penthouse, and the Penthouse Grill would all be nice. Realistically, though, I could see it being Bo and Hope's house.

sonwill
Member Avatar

Is this old/new set replacing another set? We know Freddie Smith has been talking about things happening to the Coffee House, I wonder if he changes it back to the Cheatin' Heart? Since his Mum owned it for awhile, and it's somewhat iconic, IIRC. (I'm not up on my DAYS history at all, btw, so I'm sorry if any of this is wrong)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply