Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the week of May 20th
Topic Started: May 18 2013, 02:10 AM (4,569 Views)
PatNS
Member Avatar

The promo looks interesting until Sami shows up ... ugh.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erin_123
Member Avatar

I don't mind that Sami is there as she should be. I hope Sonny does take the baby to Will though. I also am kinda shocked Nick seems concerned for Will. I wish they would've shown Sonny concerned :( Looks to be a GREAT week though. I'm excited!!!!
Edited by Erin_123, May 18 2013, 09:01 AM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

krissy-k
May 18 2013, 06:47 AM
he is going to need Sonny more than his mom. They should have made it more about Sonny and Will, not Sami and Will.
When Hope is in the hospital it isn't all about Juli. When Bo was in the hospital Caroline came but we didn't get promos about Caroline fighting for strength.

When Steve or Kayla, Shane and Kim, Jack and Jennifer ect.. were in the hospital it was about THEM.

The majority of the bedside hospital scenes are supposed to involve the LOVERS. not the reactions of their mothers.

Why don't they just jam the camera up AS's ass so we can get Sami's reaction to the hospital food too!

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

michr544125
May 18 2013, 07:50 AM
krissy-k
he is going to need Sonny more than his mom. They should have made it more about Sonny and Will, not Sami and Will.
So they can promote probably the 5 second scene Sonny will probably get alone with Will? When the writing for them started off they used to have much longer scenes and so much more substance. Now they are hidden behind everything else. I don't even care so much that Sonny isn't in this promo with Will. It's just frustrating as a fan to see Will and Sonny's relationship so disregarded in comparison to everything else around them. It's like the show wants to hide them behind everything else unless it's something melo dramatic like a hand hold or a quick kiss.
It isn't about hiding the gay couple behind everything else. If Will were anyone else's son it WOULD be about Wilson.

This show thinks everything needs to be about Sami, that we're all waiting with baited breath to see her reaction to everything. That's why Will has been forced to sit on his ass instead of plotting with/working with/being comforted by Sonny.

samwel

TFP

This promo looks good and EJ is there for her :wub2:

samwel

LonePirate
May 18 2013, 08:36 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
May 18 2013, 08:12 AM
Mind you, I think Lucas should and will be there as well.
Yeah, where is Lucas in that promo? He deserves as much time as Sami got and especially as much time as Kate was in it.
He may not be in the promo but we know per spoilers he is there.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sami being involved isn't an issue. The story being about Sami is the issue. Rafe's beating was about Sami. Will's shooting is about Sami. Everything is about Sami.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Rafe's beating doesn't feel like that to me. Sure, Sami is a part of it because it's her ex and she's engaged to a suspect, but it's also about how everyone thinks EJ did it and looks guilty, how Hope is physically close to who is the actual perp (from the letter), Nick looking guilty as well and how could anyone do this to someone the Salem community adores. I'm not going to state that Will's shooting is about Sami either when we only have a 16 second clip to go by.

marie1969

Next week is shaping up to be action packed and full of drama. I can not wait to to see it all unfold.

Poor Will, my heart breaks for Will and for Sami as well. I am glad Sonny will be there Will as Ej will be there for Sami.

Thanks for posting.

samwel

lysie
May 18 2013, 10:56 AM
Sami being involved isn't an issue. The story being about Sami is the issue. Rafe's beating was about Sami. Will's shooting is about Sami. Everything is about Sami.
I love your avi, Billy's reaction was hilarious in that scene :lol:

marie1969

JamaicanBeauty7
May 18 2013, 08:11 AM
krissy-k
I don't agree. While Sonny should be featured, I prefer it with more about Sami and Will because that's his mother. When someone is in the hospital and (likely) barely hanging on, I'd like to see the family there, especially the mother. I'd feel the same way if it was anyone else. Plus, one of the underlying themes in the Wabi story is Will and Sami's relationship and how Will thinks Sami screws up everything when she's doing it out of love. These scenes would reflect how much she loves her son and would do anything for him.
I agree. Will is Sami's son, so it makes sense to me that she would be involved. There is nothing worst than facing the possibility of losing your child, specially since Sami carries so much guilt regarding Will.

I am sure Sonny will be devastated and won't leave Will's side. I expect Lucas to be involved as well because he will be deeply affected by the event.

That was a great promo. made me tear up a bit.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Sami should be a huge part of this Will story. So should Lucas, Kate, Marlena, and Sonny. Sonny shouldn't be more featured than Sami, but I'm sure they're both get their bedside scenes.

I also don't think the Rafe beating is all about Sami. Its really involving a lot of people. Its more about EJ than Sami. More about Gabi than Sami. More about Nick than Sami. They're playing Stefano and Kate into the story, as they should...at least Kate. My only issue is that Sami had NO reason for a bedside scene. That was annoying. I'm starting to just accept that AS has to put her stamp on every story.

It wouldn't be as bad if they left her out of some stories and she had a part in these two stories. The issue is that she has to be in EVERY story.

Carly
Member Avatar

Is Nick being held hostage in the DiMera storeroom? (I know Nick and Will are on Smith Island, but the set looks like the area used for the Secret Room/storeroom a few episodes ago.)

I hope Will isn't in a coma for too long. I'd love for Sonny's voice to be the thing that wakes him up!

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Great promo!

elci525
Member Avatar

IIttu
May 18 2013, 05:43 AM
Why it doesn't surprise me that it looks like Will's shooting is gonna be all about Sami......
My thoughts EXACTLY. I really cannot stand this character anymore - barely tolerate. And lucky for me, she is everywhere, so hooray.

THat said, I do think I like her sweater here. Shocking, I know.

Sami notwithstanding, this does look good to me. I look forward to the scenes of Sonny by Will's side, and I really really really really really hope Lucas gets more than a second with his son. Preferably I would like Will's parents together with him, but that is asking too too much, I know. I am much more interested in every OTHER family member's reaction than I am to see some trite, overacted "blah blah blah" come outta Sami's mouth. But that's just me.

I wonder how this changes Nick if at all.
Edited by elci525, May 18 2013, 04:57 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Sparrow
May 18 2013, 07:33 AM
Sami is fighting for strength, y'all. She's fighting to stay strong because a thing that happened, but will she stay strong? Will she? Tune in for some ugly crying and flaring nostrils. She's a fighter. A fighting fighter, fighting for strength.
OMG hysterical - thank you for this. I mean, this could very well be an alternate promo circling around somewhere.

elci525
Member Avatar

LonePirate
May 18 2013, 08:36 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
May 18 2013, 08:12 AM
Mind you, I think Lucas should and will be there as well.
Yeah, where is Lucas in that promo? He deserves as much time as Sami got and especially as much time as Kate was in it.
Lucas get as much air time as Sami in a storyline that concerns him 115%? A chance for him to reflect on the years he missed with his son and how being a father changed him? Remembering his own coma/recovery efforts and how Will was the strength he needed to fight back (that and the idea of getting revenge on Sami of course, but I just wanna focus on Will for now ;) ) Yeah no, no way this show would entertain airing such irrelevant nonsense. I know from spoilers he is there, as he should be (he's appearance should be a given) so I guess I am grateful for that. I just have my doubts about how exactly involved or featured he will be. This has happened before, where I had my doubts, I wasn't exactly proven wrong. So we shall see.

But again, the Sami-focus not withstanding (I really don't know why this promo is so Sami-centric. I think that right there shows where TPTB think the focus and core of the show lies - with Sami. Which is disheartening for sure), this looks like a good week of drama.
Edited by elci525, May 18 2013, 04:04 PM.

IIttu
Member Avatar

Yes I want to see family there but the problem is there should be at least Lucas and Marlena by the hospital bed, too, to start with (I assume Sonny's featured in the close-up of Will's face - you can see a teeny tiny bit of dark hair in the corner when Sami's speaking). Yet now the promo - and very likely also the story itself - is all about Sami. :facepalm:

Please Days, give us finally a break and let AS focus fully on her writing / prime time filming / movie filming / directing / doing interviews / tweeting / shooting magazine covers half-naked / being a spokesperson for healthy life / finding new ways to force us to see her face in the media 24/7 ! I wonder if her absence would even affect ratings that much.. Days probably still would have that same core audience that tunes in regardless of how shitty the writing is or who's on. Come on Days, we cannot know for sure unless we try :P

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

:iagree:

Posted Image

marie1969

DiMeraFan67
May 18 2013, 02:01 PM
Sami should be a huge part of this Will story. So should Lucas, Kate, Marlena, and Sonny. Sonny shouldn't be more featured than Sami, but I'm sure they're both get their bedside scenes.

I also don't think the Rafe beating is all about Sami. Its really involving a lot of people. Its more about EJ than Sami. More about Gabi than Sami. More about Nick than Sami. They're playing Stefano and Kate into the story, as they should...at least Kate. My only issue is that Sami had NO reason for a bedside scene. That was annoying. I'm starting to just accept that AS has to put her stamp on every story.

It wouldn't be as bad if they left her out of some stories and she had a part in these two stories. The issue is that she has to be in EVERY story.

I agree that the bedside scene was not necessary. I personally blame Ej for that one LOL.

I actually felt bad for Kate when Sami got to in when Kate obviously wanted to. I don't even like Kate most of the time. But I could how hurt she was.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply