Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the week of May 20th
Topic Started: May 18 2013, 02:10 AM (4,382 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

MericP
May 19 2013, 09:50 PM
I've always been indifferent to the "relationship" Sami has with Will. Too bad that they made this shooting about her.

What IS interesting is how Nick reacted to Will getting shot - seemed to me there was genuine concern. I'll be curious if this changes Nick somewhat.
Yes, I wondered the same thing too. I think I read spoilers where it does, but I am not positive. I was struck by his reaction too, and then got Sami shoved down my face, which was light years less interesting to me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Carly
May 18 2013, 05:29 PM
On the plus side, Sami changed into a (slightly) better looking sweater. But why is Sonny still wearing that ugly shirt? Here's hoping Adrienne brings a change of clothes to Sonny at the hospital!
Well he probably did not get a chance to go home and change because he was busy delivering a baby and rushing to the hospital because his boyfriend got shot.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

MericP
I've always been indifferent to the "relationship" Sami has with Will. Too bad that they made this shooting about her.

What IS interesting is how Nick reacted to Will getting shot - seemed to me there was genuine concern. I'll be curious if this changes Nick somewhat.
I would think it would seeing as Will risked HIS LIFE to rescue Nick even though Nick has been so mean and nasty to Will. We'll see how long it lasts though to see if it is genuine or not.

concerned
Member Avatar

Dammit where is mommy?

Who cares Phillip looks so adorable when he's been shot.
Edited by concerned, May 19 2013, 11:10 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

When Hope is in the hospital it isn't all about Juli. When Bo was in the hospital Caroline came but we didn't get promos about Caroline fighting for strength.

When Steve or Kayla, Shane and Kim, Jack and Jennifer ect.. were in the hospital it was about THEM.

The majority of the bedside hospital scenes are supposed to involve the LOVERS. not the reactions of their mothers

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 19 2013, 10:48 PM
When Hope is in the hospital it isn't all about Juli. When Bo was in the hospital Caroline came but we didn't get promos about Caroline fighting for strength.

When Steve or Kayla, Shane and Kim, Jack and Jennifer ect.. were in the hospital it was about THEM.

The majority of the bedside hospital scenes are supposed to involve the LOVERS. not the reactions of their mothers
Julie isn't Hope's mother.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

She's her sister/mother, so she counts twice as much.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 19 2013, 10:51 PM
I guess I missed the story where Julie had sex with her father and gave birth to her sister. How did that happen?

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

You don't have to give birth to be a mother. Carrie and Brady aren't Marlena's biological children, but she is every bit their mother. Julie raised Hope from a very young age and loves her as a mother loves a daughter.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

MericP

Yep. I think the info that Jensen reveals about Nick, in combination with his seemingly genuine concern about Will, is going to be the start of Nick's redemption arc.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 19 2013, 10:58 PM
You don't have to give birth to be a mother. Carrie and Brady aren't Marlena's biological children, but she is every bit their mother. Julie raised Hope from a very young age and loves her as a mother loves a daughter.
Except that Julie is not Hope's mother. She is her half sister and stepmother. Let's not rewrite history to justify an argument.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

:shrug: I'm not. I said she was both.

samwel

TreasureCove
May 19 2013, 10:48 PM

:ermm: What makes you think the lover won't be there......the focus of the promo means nothing when it comes to how the actual scenes would play out, case in point last week, they made Nick out to be the main suspect and the actual show was 'All About EJ' for the most part.

concerned
Member Avatar

I'ld rather watch Julie give birth to an adult Hope than watch another round of panty screamy Sami.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

MissLola
May 19 2013, 10:53 PM
TreasureCove
May 19 2013, 10:51 PM
I guess I missed the story where Julie had sex with her father and gave birth to her sister. How did that happen?
Julie and Hope and are actually half sisters. Their mother is Addie Horton. Julie's father is Ben Olsen. Hope's father is Doug Williams. Julie eventually married Doug after Addie died (she was hit by a car shortly after giving birth to Hope).

MissLola
Member Avatar

The bottomline is that Will gets hurt and the seconds long promo chose to feature Will's mother's reaction to it. Not everyone likes Sami, some really, really hate her. But considering the response just sticking her in the promo has caused, most likely she will continued to be a featured player. Just like Daniel. :yuk: The show likes controversal characters. They like that people are talking about it and even getting so passionate about it before the scenes didn't even air yet. They made that clear after Ejami grief sex. They don't care if the response is negative or positive. Just as long as we are talking about it. I think the response to this will only ensure more Sami front and center in upcoming stories yet to come.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Talking about it doesn't = watching it.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 19 2013, 11:30 PM
Talking about it doesn't = watching it.
Yes and that clearly does not matter to them. We have all discussed that many times here. Especially concerning the griefsex and Dannifer. TPTB have have even stated in interviews that they like the feedback.

elci525
Member Avatar

Well, no, clearly there is no end in sight for Sami. She is the female lead of the show, has been for some time, and what with AS's exposure all over the place, she might be the most recognizable face of the show to a large chunk of the viewership. I don't see anyone banking on Sami fading into the sunset at all. And I think that of course she has a place in a storyline that involves her son. Obvi. The gripe is that the promo was about her and this nonsense about the shooting being about her finding hidden strength or whatever. And that makes me laugh. Just like this: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha. That's all. Hopefully the actual storyline will not feature her as prominently or singularly as the promo makes it out to be. And I don't think the negative reaction to Sami in the promo means anything for her future or will do any swaying in anyone's mind. I think the very fact that Sami and her oh-so-dramatic-and-important struggle to find strength in the wake of her son's shooting (spare me) was the focus of the promo (for a storyline that could involve A LOT of different people and relationships), evidences the show believing she is a featured player and what/who the audience wants to see. Which, as I posted earlier, is a mentality I lament, for my tastes. So yeah, no question Sami will be featured for as long as the show is on the air and some time after. It will be the cockroaches and Sami come Armageddon.
Edited by elci525, May 20 2013, 11:12 AM.

trojangal
Member Avatar

elci525
May 20 2013, 11:05 AM
Well, no, clearly there is no end in sight for Sami. She is the female lead of the show, has been for some time, and what with AS's exposure all over the place, she might be the most recognizable face of the show to a large chunk of the viewership. I don't see anyone banking on Sami fading into the sunset at all. And I think that of course she has a place in a storyline that involves her son. Obvi. The gripe is that the promo was about her and this nonsense about the shooting being about her finding hidden strength or whatever. And that makes me laugh. Just like this: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha. That's all. Hopefully the actual storyline will not feature her as prominently or singularly as the promo makes it out to be. And I don't think the negative reaction to Sami in the promo means anything for her future or will do any swaying in anyone's mind. I think the very fact that Sami and her oh-so-dramatic-and-important struggle to find strength in the wake of her son's shooting (spare me) was the focus of the promo (for a storyline that could involve A LOT of different people and relationships), evidences the show believing she is a featured player and what/who the audience wants to see. Which, as I posted earlier, is a mentality I lament, for my tastes. So yeah, no question Sami will be featured for as long as the show is on the air and some time after. It will be the cockroaches and Sami come Armageddon.
That is exactly how I see it,
whether we love, like, hate or are indifferent to Sami /AS
TPTB seem to think she is the lead character/ actress on Days at this moment in time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply