Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
FX Canada drops AMC/OLTL; Both shows removed from schedule
Topic Started: May 18 2013, 12:33 PM (1,670 Views)
etfan1

On Friday May 17, both All My Children and One Life to Live were completely removed from the schedule and from FXC's website and replaced with re-runs of 30 Rock.

This comes just one day after PP announced both shows are being cut to just two episodes per week.

Fans here are not too happy. FX Canada was the ONLY place in Canada to watch the two soaps, as they are not available online here.

No word yet from either FX Canada or PP.

EDIT: It looks like AMC & OLTL are now available on iTunes Canada. They sell for $1.99 $0.99 each or $9.99 for a multi-pass (20 episodes)

EDIT 2: It's official: "Due to changes in production beyond our control, FX Canada will no longer be airing All My Children or One Life to Live. Beginning Monday, May 20, back-to-back episodes of critically-acclaimed series 30 Rock will air from noon to 1PM ET on FX Canada"
Edited by etfan1, May 24 2013, 09:46 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

spiderweb55
Member Avatar

Well, this whole thing was fun while it lasted :frownie: :'(

darraholic
Member Avatar

I honestly don't blame FX Canada for dropping them. I'd be pissed if I paid to air them and then they totally screwed with the production like that.

Not very good news.

Jo Ann Zinaman

Hello ET Fan. Canada CAN Watch All My Children And One Life To Live Online by Typing www.toln.com OR www.theonlinenetwork.com. That is The Online Network Page. It Is FREE. Canada Can Watch All My Children and One Life To Live Anytime. It Helps to Watch The Episode The Day that It is On. The People in Canada Do NOT Have To Watch Both Shows Together. They can Watch One Show like at Noon and The Other at 5 PM as an Example. They can Watch at 6 AM OR 9 AM OR Noon OR 5 PM OR 8 PM OR The Middle Of the Night whatever is Convenient for Them. Jody

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Jo Ann Zinaman
May 18 2013, 05:48 PM

Hello ET Fan. Canada CAN Watch All My Children And One Life To Live Online by Typing www.toln.com OR www.theonlinenetwork.com. That is The Online Network Page. It Is FREE. Canada Can Watch All My Children and One Life To Live Anytime. It Helps to Watch The Episode The Day that It is On. The People in Canada Do NOT Have To Watch Both Shows Together. They can Watch One Show like at Noon and The Other at 5 PM as an Example. They can Watch at 6 AM OR 9 AM OR Noon OR 5 PM OR 8 PM OR The Middle Of the Night whatever is Convenient for Them. Jody
Incorrect.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: toln.gif (22.41 KB)

Tammy
Member Avatar

PP is really shooting it's self in the foot with this schedule change!

etfan1

Jo Ann Zinaman
May 18 2013, 05:48 PM

Nope. The episodes there are hosted on Hulu, which is not available in Canada.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

A spokesperson for Prospect Park has elaborated on FX Canada cancelling airings of All My Children andOne Life to Live, following the production company's decision to cut their number of weekly episodes in half. Said the PR rep to ABC Soaps In Depth:

"The terms of the F/X Canada deal stipulated a five day run," a rep for Prospect Park told Soaps In Depth. "Now that the shows have been reduced, the agreement is no longer valid. However, the great news is that Canadian viewers can now access the shows via iTunes Canada."

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/05/20/prospect-park-on-fx-canada-cutting-all-my-children-and-one-life-to-live-the-agreement-is-

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Congratulations Canada, you can now spend money to watch our show! Aren't we awesomely generious?

:flipoff:

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
May 20 2013, 05:16 PM
Congratulations Canada, you can now spend money to watch our show! Aren't we awesomely generious?

:flipoff:
Any smart Canadian knows they can watch these shows on Hulu! ;)

darraholic
Member Avatar

I never knew about that app :o

I was using torrents anyways :x

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Don't blame FX Canada one bit....Prospect Park is butchering this entire thing...they are lucky they are not being sued by that network for breach of contract.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Started off so well and I was really starting to get hooked by the end of the 2nd week. Then this announcement came out and while I guess we're lucky to still get any episodes at all my view towards PP isn't a very rosy one.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply