Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday May 20th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 20 2013, 08:40 AM (20,236 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

six
May 22 2013, 08:04 AM
elci525
May 21 2013, 03:28 PM
It was a trust that was a long time in the making and it was ugly getting there, but I saw it happen. And it was a payoff for me as a long time fan who understood if didn't necessarily love every up and every down. And Lucas never wanted a Carrie wanna-be (in case that is the implication of your post -I am not sure). He just wanted something unSami in the wake of the Stan wedding, and so that was Carrie. Or he wanted a nonSami after every rough break up with her, thinking he needed an opposite. But it never worked. He even said himself he was going mad (in a bad way) with Carrie, it was a calm, safe "love" that never approached what he had with Sami.

I am biased very much against Sami now, but the reason I loved Lumi is that I could see and understand both their points of view very clearly. Lucas pissed me off and Sami pissed me off and Lucas made me ohso happy and Sami made me ohso happy pretty equally. It would have been great for at some point for Lucas to seem to have "betrayed" Sami the way Kate set her up to w/Brandon, and for him to actively work in a more desperate, urgent way to gain her trust. But I felt he took strides in this direction after the resurrected quadrangle was mercifully put to an end again. That "we love harder than anyone I know" speech he gave was one of the best moments from recent Days memory for me.

The Sami that was with Rafe was never the Sami I saw with Lucas. I couldn't love one and detest the other as much as I did were they the same. And there were other intervening events that occurred to shape the Safe romance, or Sami within it, that did not point back to Lucas and Lumi, so I don't trace the trajectory back to him.

I am bowing out here ;)
I know you bowed out, but to clarify - I don't think the Sami who was with Rafe was the same Sami who was with Lucas, either. If she had been, I would have never become an ejami, because I would have started hating her a decade ago. I just feel that she wouldn't have ended up where she did without Lucas helping put her on that path. And I do think that Lucas wanted a Sami who was more like Carrie than like Sami.

And on the other topic, I'm putting in my vote for Sly.
You didn't need to clarify, I understood what you meant. I just vehemently disagree. In my post I said the Samis weren't the same, yes, but I also don't see the one derived from the other. Which I gathered is what you meant, which is why I say I don't trace the trajectory of that Sami to Lumi - or Lucas within Lumi necessarily. And Lucas did not want a more Carrie-like Sami. At times maybe, but this again is what I mean about the evolution/complexities of that relationship - which made it so interesting to me. I just disagree and I don't want to get into what I think his psychology motivating his roller-coaster of decisions was, and what he thought he wanted, what Lucas really did want, etc. I could write encyclopedias about it, but not here (like I haven't already?! ;) )
Edited by elci525, May 22 2013, 08:13 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

six
May 22 2013, 08:10 AM
SoapGal1
May 22 2013, 08:05 AM
lysie
May 22 2013, 06:51 AM
SoapGal1
May 21 2013, 11:26 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You people are ridiculous.
You can collectively bite us.

Meanwhile, You're just running from your fate.

Much like someone else did for say.....seven years....

#Lyx
I'm not getting involved in the quadrangle you all have going. Plus, I'm partial to people who like the truth.
And the angst continues.....

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1
Matt
May 21 2013, 11:12 PM
Ahem...

"How many Lyx does it take...?"
Tag line down.

#Lyx
This is worse than what Soc did yesterday.

Six, you can't handle the truth.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

elci525
May 22 2013, 08:12 AM
six
May 22 2013, 08:04 AM
elci525
May 21 2013, 03:28 PM
It was a trust that was a long time in the making and it was ugly getting there, but I saw it happen. And it was a payoff for me as a long time fan who understood if didn't necessarily love every up and every down. And Lucas never wanted a Carrie wanna-be (in case that is the implication of your post -I am not sure). He just wanted something unSami in the wake of the Stan wedding, and so that was Carrie. Or he wanted a nonSami after every rough break up with her, thinking he needed an opposite. But it never worked. He even said himself he was going mad (in a bad way) with Carrie, it was a calm, safe "love" that never approached what he had with Sami.

I am biased very much against Sami now, but the reason I loved Lumi is that I could see and understand both their points of view very clearly. Lucas pissed me off and Sami pissed me off and Lucas made me ohso happy and Sami made me ohso happy pretty equally. It would have been great for at some point for Lucas to seem to have "betrayed" Sami the way Kate set her up to w/Brandon, and for him to actively work in a more desperate, urgent way to gain her trust. But I felt he took strides in this direction after the resurrected quadrangle was mercifully put to an end again. That "we love harder than anyone I know" speech he gave was one of the best moments from recent Days memory for me.

The Sami that was with Rafe was never the Sami I saw with Lucas. I couldn't love one and detest the other as much as I did were they the same. And there were other intervening events that occurred to shape the Safe romance, or Sami within it, that did not point back to Lucas and Lumi, so I don't trace the trajectory back to him.

I am bowing out here ;)
I know you bowed out, but to clarify - I don't think the Sami who was with Rafe was the same Sami who was with Lucas, either. If she had been, I would have never become an ejami, because I would have started hating her a decade ago. I just feel that she wouldn't have ended up where she did without Lucas helping put her on that path. And I do think that Lucas wanted a Sami who was more like Carrie than like Sami.

And on the other topic, I'm putting in my vote for Sly.
You didn't need to clarify, I understood what you meant. I just vehemently disagree. In my post I said the Samis weren't the same, yes, but I also don't see the one derived from the other. Which I gathered is what you meant, which is why I say I don't trace the trajectory of that Sami to Lumi - or Lucas within Lumi necessarily. And Lucas did not want a more Carrie-like Sami. At times maybe, but this again is what I mean about the evolution/complexities of that relationship - which made it so interesting to me. I just disagree and I don't want to get into what I think his psychology motivating his roller-coaster of decisions was, and what he thought he wanted, what Lucas really did want, etc. I could write encyclopedias about it, but not here (like I haven't already?! ;) )
I didnīt thought about the bowing out comment but I wasnīt trying to start a big discussion again I just wanted to clarify a fiew things, but in case I failed to clarify it I donīt think Sami is the same with Lucas as she is with Rafe either, at least I liked Lumi even if it canīt compare to how much I have loved Ejami where as I canīt stand Safe.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

now that I think about it...

Lyx kinda does sound like a lesbian heavy metal band....

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
May 22 2013, 08:39 AM
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1

#Lyx

YES! Yes, it is!! Because she totally just compared you to... *gulp* ... I can't even bring myself to type it! :o

:teehee:

:wub: Lyx = twuwub forever! :wub:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 22 2013, 09:29 AM
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

#Lyx

YES! Yes, it is!! Because she totally just compared you to... *gulp* ... I can't even bring myself to type it! :o

I may have ALLUDED to her.

I did NOT compare.

There's a difference.

Lyx is Love.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
May 22 2013, 09:41 AM
SocRMum1
lysie
SoapGal1

I did NOT compare.

There's a difference.

Lyx is Love.
ToMAYto

ToMAHto

Either way...you're in deep doodoo, my friend. B-)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Someone is cheating on their cyber lover all over the place here....

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 22 2013, 09:52 AM
SoapGal1
May 22 2013, 09:41 AM
SocRMum1
lysie

I did NOT compare.

There's a difference.

Lyx is Love.
ToMAYto

ToMAHto

Either way...you're in deep doodoo, my friend. B-)

Nope.

She loves her Soapy....

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 22 2013, 10:12 AM
I don't have any idea what you mean. B-)

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

#Lyx

I'm glad we've all recognized who she is, settling the debate once and for all.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Someone's a cyber ho. :jj:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

JamaicanBeauty7
May 22 2013, 10:17 AM
LuvingLumi
rather fickle if you ask me.....

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 22 2013, 10:19 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
LuvingLumi
Two can play this game.

Where's Michelle when I need her? :toetap:

michelle
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 22 2013, 12:03 PM
LuvingLumi
May 22 2013, 10:19 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
LuvingLumi
Two can play this game.

Where's Michelle when I need her? :toetap:
I was at TACO BELL!

She's a HUSSY I tell ya!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply