Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michelle Stafford Exiting Y&R! (Update 5/21)
Topic Started: May 20 2013, 02:39 PM (14,657 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

The Young and The Restless Shocker: Michelle Stafford Exiting After 16 Years

A fan favorite is leaving Genoa City behind.
Michelle Stafford is leaving the long-running CBS soap The Young and the Restless after 16 years, a source close to the show exclusively tells E! News.
Stafford's exit follows the recent passing of beloved Young and the Restless star Jeanne Cooper, whom the show will pay tribute to with a special on Tuesday, May 28.
NEWS: The CBS soap is planning a tribute to late star Jeanne Cooper
Nominated seven times for a Daytime Emmy in the Outstanding Leading Actress in a Drama Series category, Stafford took home the award in 2004. She also won the award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 1997.
Stafford played fan favorite Phyllis Summers on The Young and the Restless. After joining the show in 1994, she left in 1997 before returning in 2000. (Her role was taken over by Sandra Nelson.)

E Oline

EXCLUSIVE! Y&R's Michelle Stafford Confirms Exit (update 5/21)

By SOD Posted: May 21, 2013

Emmy-winning actress Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, Y&R) tells Digest exclusively that she is, indeed, heading out of Genoa City. "I would like to personally confirm to the fans that yes, I have decided to leave THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. It has been a glorious 16 years and one of the greatest rides of my life. The constant support and love from the fans is not lost on me. I think I'll miss you the most." The actress wraps up her run in mid-June; look for a full interview with Stafford in a future issue of Soap Opera Digest.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-yrs-michelle-stafford-confirms-exit
Edited by Daytime, May 21 2013, 12:08 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Great News!

taylore
Member Avatar

I won't be surprised if next week i hear that Sharon Case is leaving too.

taylore
Member Avatar

And now that she's leaving they better not recast Phyllis with Laura Wright (i don't like her) she's a friend of Jill.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

WHOA. I'm shocked!

DDiva
Member Avatar

Will she be recasted, or is ole Smilin Jack headed for heartbreak, yet again? :rolleyes:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Not surprised since the new regime has barely had any use for Phyllis.

taylore
Member Avatar

Or maybe CBS has decided to bring back VR and that's why she's leaving (a girl can only hope but i don't see that happening)

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Thus begins JFPs moving most of the vets off center stage or off completely.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Phyllis is one character that needs a rest.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Wow! Never saw that coming!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Love her or hate her, I really don't think Michelle Stafford's exit is a good sign. I'm really hoping JFP won't start getting rid of the vets, which I feared she would.

natdot99
Member Avatar

It obvious that JFP is trying to turn the Y&R into GH 2.0. :shrug:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
May 20 2013, 03:02 PM
Thus begins JFPs moving most of the vets off center stage or off completely.
well, she won't have much of a show left if she does, as far as I'm concerned.
I wasn't watching when the show first started, but, didn't they shove all of the Foster family off the show?
Katherine gone, Phyliss gone, Jill isn't on that much, they've turned Sharon into a looneytooner, when Victor goes, that's it for me.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Checkers
May 20 2013, 03:01 PM
Not surprised since the new regime has barely had any use for Phyllis.
As someone said, I didn't see this coming! Lately Phyllis has had more airtime with Jack, and I thought the storyline was gonna really be good with
Tracy returning and the issue with Summer's paternity. I'm not a fan, but MS exit isn't good at all. Although Phyllis worked on my last nerve,
couldn't stand her, if the character is replaced, the next actor will have big shoes to fill.

Daytime
Member Avatar

The way I feel if they let Michelle go, they won't hesitate to let any other vet go.. Its been all about Avery and Chelsea for the longest.. The way they are writing Sharon lately, it wouldn't surprise me if she was next..

It seems they only care about younger and cheaper...its does not make me feel the warm and fuzzies.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Usually I'd be like "WONDERFUL NEWS"... but they've subdued the Phyllis character since JG took over as writer, and the bitch is hardly on anymore as it is. Phyllis should've been taken off the canvas around 2009 or 2010 IMO.

Nevertheless I hope this is true, and I hope there is no recast. Phyllis is a slutty, skanky and really mean character that I have no use for.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Wow didn't see this coming at all. It looks like the Vets are fed up over there!

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Daytime
May 20 2013, 04:05 PM
The way I feel if they let Michelle go, they won't hesitate to let any other vet go.. Its been all about Avery and Chelsea for the longest.. The way they are writing Sharon lately, it wouldn't surprise me if she was next..

It seems they only care about younger and cheaper...its does not make me feel the warm and fuzzies.
I agree with you. JFP has a history of getting rid of vets. And, since she's been at Y/R, newbies are always coming on the show, and storylines
are focused around them. MS leaving is a major shakeup, I don't feel good abt this at all. IMO JFP is slowly killing our soap! At the rate things are,
SC may be out next or another vet that's been on for many years.
Edited by bellajewel, May 20 2013, 04:15 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

I don't care, this "vet" needed to go. The b*tch was getting ridiculous with her acting choices. Do I need to pull up her miscarriage scenes?

Under MAB, MS had way too much control over her character (and others) and it damaged her character, IMO. A year break would do the character good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply