Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michelle Stafford Exiting Y&R! (Update 5/21)
Topic Started: May 20 2013, 02:39 PM (15,066 Views)
Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

LPS
May 20 2013, 04:25 PM
I don't care, this "vet" needed to go. The b*tch was getting ridiculous with her acting choices. Do I need to pull up her miscarriage scenes?

Under MAB, MS had way too much control over her character (and others) and it damaged her character, IMO. A year break would do the character good.
LOL! Great points. And funny enough, those horrible miscarriage scenes got her an emmy nom this year. It must be nice to have friends in the business :blulaugh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Shick
May 20 2013, 04:27 PM
LPS
May 20 2013, 04:25 PM
I don't care, this "vet" needed to go. The b*tch was getting ridiculous with her acting choices. Do I need to pull up her miscarriage scenes?

Under MAB, MS had way too much control over her character (and others) and it damaged her character, IMO. A year break would do the character good.
LOL! Great points. And funny enough, those horrible miscarriage scenes got her an emmy nom this year. It must be nice to have friends in the business :blulaugh:
I just don't get how this is some tragedy that some have made it out to be on twitter. Yeah, Michelle Stafford was great....back in the 90s and early 2000s. How is THIS

a Y&R loss? She's a straight up bad actress. If JFP got rid of MS, then I say go JFP! I would rank this vet loss with B&B's exit of Ron Moss.

BTW, my diatribe on the Stafford has nothing to do with Sharon Case and I am not trying to reopen that fan war.
Edited by LPS, May 20 2013, 04:35 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Classic
May 20 2013, 03:59 PM
Checkers
May 20 2013, 03:01 PM
Not surprised since the new regime has barely had any use for Phyllis.
As someone said, I didn't see this coming! Lately Phyllis has had more airtime with Jack, and I thought the storyline was gonna really be good with
Tracy returning and the issue with Summer's paternity. I'm not a fan, but MS exit isn't good at all. Although Phyllis worked on my last nerve,
couldn't stand her, if the character is replaced, the next actor will have big shoes to fill.
Even so it's not compared to what her screen time was like under LML/MAB. Phyllis was involved in practically every story.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I disagree LPS. MS is a good actress, but the writing drastically changed for the character. Heck, the writing changed for the whole show as far as I'm concerned.
It's terrible. Y/R of the '90's- early 2000's is so much better than now. Very few storylines are interesting.
Edited by bellajewel, May 20 2013, 04:43 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Shick
May 20 2013, 04:07 PM
Usually I'd be like "WONDERFUL NEWS"... but they've subdued the Phyllis character since JG took over as writer, and the bitch is hardly on anymore as it is. Phyllis should've been taken off the canvas around 2009 or 2010 IMO.

Nevertheless I hope this is true, and I hope there is no recast. Phyllis is a slutty, skanky and really mean character that I have no use for.
I wouldn't be too happy. If they're getting rid of Phyllis, I wouldn't be surprised if Sharon was next. All hatred for MS and her character aside, this is bad news for Y&R vets in general.

Clearly JFP's Y&R vision emphasizes the newbies at the expense of the veterans.

LPS
Member Avatar

Classic
May 20 2013, 04:41 PM
I disagree LPS. MS is a good actress, but the writing drastically changed for the character. Heck, the writing changed for the whole show as far as I'm concerned.
It's terrible. Y/R of the '90's- early 2000's is so much better than now. Very few storylines are interesting.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Stafford back in the day when she was terrorizing the Bug. Her acting was entertaining and wonderful. I was rooting for her to crush the Bug. She was campy and over-the-top-in a good way. Hell, she completely deserved her Lead Actress Emmy win for when she was on trial. However, around 2009 her acting got sloppy and the writing was not to fault for that. MAB's writing made her character permanently unbearable. It became the Phyllis show, and I have never seen a writer obsess over one character that much. It was insane. IMO, her character is still in recovery from that ridiculous cougar storyline.

However, my disdain for the character has to do with Stafford's acting choices. They are sh*tty. Her hand gestures are insane, her repeating lines 38383 times is lazy, and she screws up the dialogue. She overly emotes to where it is comical.

I've only started to find her tolerable, again, with Jack.

Shick
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
May 20 2013, 04:45 PM
Shick
Usually I'd be like "WONDERFUL NEWS"... but they've subdued the Phyllis character since JG took over as writer, and the bitch is hardly on anymore as it is. Phyllis should've been taken off the canvas around 2009 or 2010 IMO.

Nevertheless I hope this is true, and I hope there is no recast. Phyllis is a slutty, skanky and really mean character that I have no use for.
I wouldn't be too happy. If they're getting rid of Phyllis, I wouldn't be surprised if Sharon was next. All hatred for MS and her character aside, this is bad news for Y&R vets in general.

I just don't get what Sharon has to do with any of this? She is always thrown back at me when I discuss Phyllis anywhere.

Let's wait and see why MS is leaving. It might have been her own choice, maybe JFP tried to get her to stay :shrug:

Shick
Member Avatar

LPS
May 20 2013, 04:56 PM
Classic
May 20 2013, 04:41 PM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Stafford back in the day when she was terrorizing the Bug. Her acting was entertaining and wonderful. I was rooting for her to crush the Bug. She was campy and over-the-top-in a good way. Hell, she completely deserved her Lead Actress Emmy win for when she was on trial. However, around 2009 her acting got sloppy and the writing was not to fault for that. MAB's writing made her character permanently unbearable. It became the Phyllis show, and I have never seen a writer obsess over one character that much. It was insane. IMO, her character is still in recovery from that ridiculous cougar storyline.

However, my disdain for the character has to do with Stafford's acting choices. They are sh*tty. Her hand gestures are insane, her repeating lines 38383 times is lazy, and she screws up the dialogue. She overly emotes to where it is comical.

I've only started to find her tolerable, again, with Jack.
EXACTLY! And those horrible/awful acting choices started up around those years you mentioned. She used to be a very good actress in the 90's. Now she uses her jazz hands non-stop.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Checkers
May 20 2013, 04:40 PM
Classic
May 20 2013, 03:59 PM
Checkers
May 20 2013, 03:01 PM
Not surprised since the new regime has barely had any use for Phyllis.
As someone said, I didn't see this coming! Lately Phyllis has had more airtime with Jack, and I thought the storyline was gonna really be good with
Tracy returning and the issue with Summer's paternity. I'm not a fan, but MS exit isn't good at all. Although Phyllis worked on my last nerve,
couldn't stand her, if the character is replaced, the next actor will have big shoes to fill.
Even so it's not compared to what her screen time was like under LML/MAB. Phyllis was involved in practically every story.

Well, tbh, JFP hates vets. But, recently MS has had a good storyline with Jack. It's been a long time my curiosity is piqued regarding a storyline
the character is in bc the writing has been so bad, but now she finally has a storyline I wanna watch, she's out.

I wonder what's really going on behind the scenes. Whatever is going on, it's very ugly.

CarolynCal2422

Michelle's acting always seemed forced never natural. Very difficult to watch when the
player is hysterical all the time. We need better more natural acting. Glad she is going
I think they also should get rid of the character. Lying, scheming, cheating enough of
that type on the show.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I guess I've missed where it was said this wasn't a voluntary exit? :shrug:

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Well I'm not the least bit sorry to see her go. I used to enjoy Phyllis way back and I thought MS was one of the best actresses in daytime no question but the last handful of years on the show her acting has done downhill dramatically. Yes we can blame the writing but great actors always rise to the occasion no matter how crappy the writing is. That's all on her IMO. I thought though that she was leaving because negotiations fell through, not that they wanted her to leave.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Shick
May 20 2013, 05:00 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Shick

I just don't get what Sharon has to do with any of this? She is always thrown back at me when I discuss Phyllis anywhere.

Let's wait and see why MS is leaving. It might have been her own choice, maybe JFP tried to get her to stay :shrug:
Oh I don't know... because Sharon is a veteran as well? I'm not a die hard Michelle Stafford fan (I actually think some of her performances have been laughable), and I'm in no way part of the wretched Phyllis/Sharon fanwar that causes one too many migraine on boards or on Twitter.

I'm just saying, despite one's position on Michelle Stafford, her departure is bad news for Y&R veterans in general. I don't think Y&R has a bright future if this can be seen as any kind of foreshadowing. JFP has her favorites, and she will cater to those favorites... unfortunately for die-hard fans, those favorites are not the faces that have been seen in Genoa city for decades.

GH is being praised for its incorporation of veteran characters? That wasn't going on when JFP was around... Y&R is in trouble.

Checkers
Member Avatar

There are other vets besides Sharon Case that need to worry. Like the ones that aren't being utilized AT ALL, that have big salaries.

LPS
Member Avatar

Drew
May 20 2013, 05:18 PM
Its because JFP is the bogeyman. :)

Shick
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
May 20 2013, 05:21 PM
Shick
May 20 2013, 05:00 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Shick

Oh I don't know... because Sharon is a veteran as well? I'm not a die hard Michelle Stafford fan (I actually think some of her performances have been laughable), and I'm in no way part of the wretched Phyllis/Sharon fanwar that causes one too many migraine on boards or on Twitter.

I'm just saying, despite one's position on Michelle Stafford, her departure is bad news for Y&R veterans in general. I don't think Y&R has a bright future if this can be seen as any kind of foreshadowing. JFP has her favorites, and she will cater to those favorites... unfortunately for die-hard fans, those favorites are not the faces that have been seen in Genoa city for decades.

GH is being praised for its incorporation of veteran characters? That wasn't going on when JFP was around... Y&R is in trouble.
Umm.. Well I'm going to hold off on the blame game until I find out why MS is leaving. It doesn't say anywhere that JFP fired her. Maybe she wouldn't take a pay cut or maybe she wanted to leave and explore other opportunities.

And there are many veterans on Y&R. Not sure why Sharon Case is thrown into every single discussion regarding Michelle Stafford. Just because MS is leaving doesn't mean she or anyone else is next. MS leaving might be a personal decision. Maybe she didn't like the lack of airtime? I personally think she was given the world on that show when MAB was in charge. JG being in charge might have been a shock.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Drew
Either way, it looks like a bad situation. Veterans on their way out because they've been handed pink slips, or veterans on their way out because they're unhappy with the new regime...

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Checkers
May 20 2013, 05:26 PM
There are other vets besides Sharon Case that need to worry. Like the ones that aren't being utilized AT ALL, that have big salaries.
I completely agree. I wasn't singling out Sharon - above all, I think the vets in general are in trouble.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

I just have to say it: NO MORE PHICK. Thank God. Sorry, but that's the first thing I thought of.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
May 20 2013, 05:28 PM
Drew
Either way, it looks like a bad situation. Veterans on their way out because they've been handed pink slips, or veterans on their way out because they're unhappy with the new regime...
I would agree but maybe it's just an actress who actually wants to move on to different things. I mean it could actually be her decision.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply