Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michelle Stafford Exiting Y&R! (Update 5/21)
Topic Started: May 20 2013, 02:39 PM (14,594 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Crazygirl
May 20 2013, 05:33 PM
NocturnalBlondie
May 20 2013, 05:28 PM
Drew
May 20 2013, 05:18 PM
I guess I've missed where it was said this wasn't a voluntary exit? :shrug:
Either way, it looks like a bad situation. Veterans on their way out because they've been handed pink slips, or veterans on their way out because they're unhappy with the new regime...
I would agree but maybe it's just an actress who actually wants to move on to different things. I mean it could actually be her decision.
Maybe, and I honestly hope that's all it is... but as a GH fan who experienced JFP's wrath and complete disregard of the vets, I really have a bad feeling about this...

Anyway, I've said my two cents...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

LPS
May 20 2013, 04:34 PM
Shick
May 20 2013, 04:27 PM
LPS
May 20 2013, 04:25 PM
I don't care, this "vet" needed to go. The b*tch was getting ridiculous with her acting choices. Do I need to pull up her miscarriage scenes?

Under MAB, MS had way too much control over her character (and others) and it damaged her character, IMO. A year break would do the character good.
LOL! Great points. And funny enough, those horrible miscarriage scenes got her an emmy nom this year. It must be nice to have friends in the business :blulaugh:
I just don't get how this is some tragedy that some have made it out to be on twitter. Yeah, Michelle Stafford was great....back in the 90s and early 2000s. How is THIS

a Y&R loss? She's a straight up bad actress. If JFP got rid of MS, then I say go JFP! I would rank this vet loss with B&B's exit of Ron Moss.

BTW, my diatribe on the Stafford has nothing to do with Sharon Case and I am not trying to reopen that fan war.
Wow that was bad! Couldn't help but laugh when she was screaming :P ..yea no great loss IMO.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Crazygirl
May 20 2013, 05:33 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Drew
Either way, it looks like a bad situation. Veterans on their way out because they've been handed pink slips, or veterans on their way out because they're unhappy with the new regime...
I would agree but maybe it's just an actress who actually wants to move on to different things. I mean it could actually be her decision.
Well, maybe you're correct, but with JFP in charge, I wouldn't be surprised if she and MS had a major disagreement or she was fired. JFP is a bitch.
She doesn't give a damn. Everywhere she goes it's a major poop storm. :shithitfan:
Edited by bellajewel, May 20 2013, 05:43 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

NocturnalBlondie
Drew
Or because she wants to spend time with that baby?

Daytime
Member Avatar

Drew
May 20 2013, 05:48 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Drew
According to NB, they reached an impasse regarding contract negotiations. Regardless, it sucks..jmo. Y&R hire newbies almost every week yet, couldn't find a way to keep a 16 year vet??? Says a lot. Honestly, I have been worried for Y&R for some time now. Things aren't looking good for many of the veterans.

soapflake02

Michelle is an actress. She's only playing what is written. I wish here the best of luck in everything!

Checkers
Member Avatar

It hasn't even been confirmed. Somebody leaked it. E news?

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Wow I am shocked at the hate Stafford is getting. I always thought she was well-liked by fans. I've certainly always loved her and Phyllis has always been my favorite on Y&R. This is going to make my viewing time dwindle even more than it already had!

Checkers
Member Avatar

I think this is a negotiating tactic. I wonder if it will work with JFP.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

MS is a loved character, except by those who don't like her. I'm betting she got her fill of the bullshit and said, Pfffffffffffffft, fuck it, I'm outta here.
They were getting back Phack and I think someone in the hierarchy wanted Phick back and she said, hell no.
JM is on the teat, SC,MCE and... Avery are on the other 3 teats.
All it took was for JC to pass on.
If she is leaving, I wish her the best of luck.
Popularity just shifted up. MCE will rise to the top!

metitle
Member Avatar

I wonder if she is leaving based on personal decision or she was gentle given the nudge? Because she has a young child and a stable job at a soap seems better than jumping from one movie or television set while being a hands-on mom

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

GH should try to grab her just to return the favour for Steve Burton.

LPS
Member Avatar

Ehhh....I watch GH. Send her to Days or the Hallmark Channel.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

She will probably end up on B&B. Bring on Victoria Rowell!!

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

LPS
May 20 2013, 04:25 PM
I don't care, this "vet" needed to go. The b*tch was getting ridiculous with her acting choices. Do I need to pull up her miscarriage scenes?

Under MAB, MS had way too much control over her character (and others) and it damaged her character, IMO. A year break would do the character good.
Her miscarriage scenes.. Never thought I'd laugh so hard...

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Now, I really hope ED stays on DAYS! With MS gone, things don't look good for the Vets on Y&R.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Daytime
May 20 2013, 05:55 PM
Drew
May 20 2013, 05:48 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Drew
According to NB, they reached an impasse regarding contract negotiations. Regardless, it sucks..jmo. Y&R hire newbies almost every week yet, couldn't find a way to keep a 16 year vet??? Says a lot. Honestly, I have been worried for Y&R for some time now. Things aren't looking good for many of the veterans.

It's pretty obvious that they do not want to write for Phyllis. She's been backburned to Phack who are boring as watching paint dry. She doesn't drive any storyline anymore. I have a feeling this upcoming paternity s/l will be all about Nick and possibly Sharon so maybe she feels her services are no longer needed. That is, on top of the contract negotiations.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

MS wouldn't have any troubles getting a job. She won't need Hallmark or those pathetic sappy stories they come up with. She won't have to sell clothes or make up or jewelry. She won't be desperate if and when she leaves.

LPS
Member Avatar

Fine, she could go back to the Lifetime Channel or being an extra in an Ashley Judd film.

I thought this was an interesting discussion thread at DC. Should they recast Phyllis with the possible paternity swap coming on the horizon?

Some have said Sarah Brown. I say Hunter Tylo :) (Yes, the HT suggestion was sarcasm).
Edited by LPS, May 20 2013, 11:16 PM.

lovetoloveya

Seems like MS couldn't handle not being top dog. Good riddance!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply