Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michelle Stafford Exiting Y&R! (Update 5/21)
Topic Started: May 20 2013, 02:39 PM (14,725 Views)
Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
May 24 2013, 10:46 PM
Kevin IS a heart throb for some... need I say more?
He -- and more specifically, Greg Rikaart -- became my favorite person of the year when they called out that homophobic bully Melissa Reeves a few months ago. I loooooooove him!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jacquisoaps

Sammie Jo
May 25 2013, 07:23 AM
lots of everything on this show, lots of whores, cheats, criminals, but they're ALL fictional, some people forget that .
But they're fictional, and written to be whores, sluts, liars, etc. (I hope) people are calling the CHARACTERS these names and not the actros.

jacquisoaps

I have to agree with those who said MS'acting has gone downhill over the years. I used to love her character, but Physllis has become unbearable these last couple of years. And MS' acting is just over the top now. Maybe she needs a break.

LPS
Member Avatar

Drew
May 25 2013, 06:44 AM
How can anyone be a whore if they're fictional?
Really?

All fictional characters have personality traits, IMO. Tons of literary characters are described by their personality. I would call Brooke Logan a whore.

LPS
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
May 25 2013, 09:14 AM
BlissfulLily
He -- and more specifically, Greg Rikaart -- became my favorite person of the year when they called out that homophobic bully Melissa Reeves a few months ago. I loooooooove him!
Well at least Melissa can still act. GR's acting went in the sh@ttter years ago with MS. Let's not get into that tragedy called Kevin and the purpose of him on the show.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

LPS
May 25 2013, 10:47 AM
Drew
Really?

All fictional characters have personality traits, IMO. Tons of literary characters are described by their personality. I would call Brooke Logan a whore.
This has always been a pet peeve of mine. Whores are prostitues/hookers. Call Brooke a slut, skank, slag, or tramp, but until she starts exchanging dollars, whore is out of the question. :D

LPS
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
May 25 2013, 10:51 AM
LPS
May 25 2013, 10:47 AM
Drew
Really?

This has always been a pet peeve of mine. Whores are prostitues/hookers. Call Brooke a slut, skank, slag, or tramp, but until she starts exchanging dollars, whore is out of the question. :D
What about a pigeon? Lol

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Does sleaze fit in there too? How about easy, screen door, bicycle, horse... ?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Maxine

My feelings are 'do not blame the messenger' TPTB are the ones that is doing the damage with writing the
actor the way they are , the actors are only doing their JOB acting with what they are given ... Maybe, just maybe she is leaving because she is tired of the stuff she has been given and she wants to move on to something else , I wish her all the best in the next chapter of her life as an actor. :cheers:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I'm wondering if they're just going to recast Phyllis and bring back Phick. Might be why MS is leaving, doesn't want to go that route again. Can't blame her there.
I'd love to see her on a evening show like Blue Bloods or Vegas.

Maya

Michelle Stafford is giving an interview with SOD about her exit in one of their upcoming issues but I doubt she'll actually go in depth about why she's leaving. Personally I really don't care what the exact reasons are, folks leave soaps all time.

I don't think she's leaving to do better/other things, she was in contract negotiations and she & CBS/Sony couldn't agree on the terms of her new contract. Maybe she asked for more than they were willing give and she didn't feel it was fair/right to her and so she chose to throw the deuces. I can't imagine that she's getting many offers considering she's pushing 50 and Hollywood is rough for women her age. I could see her going to another soap.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Maya, how do you know she was going through contract negotiations when she hasn't had her interview yet? Where did you hear that they couldn't agree on the terms?
I don't think she would leave a job without having another one all lined up first. She has a child so she has to be thinking ahead.
You make 50 sound old. Good thing there aren't any gals like Mariska Hargitay, Marg Helgenberger, Linda Hunt. Good thing they are all young chicks, right?
Grab your TED socks and walkers gals.

Soapwatcher

when Michelle left before it was to go a nighttime soap or almost a soap, she played a character who was good and had a sister who was more like Phyllis, I liked the show and the character she played, but it wasn't on long. I don't know her reasons for leaving, it might be that she just wants to spend time with her daughter, she's been working so many hours (and I assume that because for a while there she was on quite a lot) and now that the little girl is in the toddler stage she just might want to be home with her. Who knows, I'm just guessing, I certainly living here in the hinterlands do not have any knowledge of Michelle's reasons and won't know until she chooses to make them public.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

jacquisoaps
May 25 2013, 09:28 AM
Sammie Jo
May 25 2013, 07:23 AM
lots of everything on this show, lots of whores, cheats, criminals, but they're ALL fictional, some people forget that .
But they're fictional, and written to be whores, sluts, liars, etc. (I hope) people are calling the CHARACTERS these names and not the actros.
For most people it's just the character, but some folks are rabid enough to extend it to the actor.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Maya
May 25 2013, 02:58 PM
Michelle Stafford is giving an interview with SOD about her exit in one of their upcoming issues but I doubt she'll actually go in depth about why she's leaving. Personally I really don't care what the exact reasons are, folks leave soaps all time.

I don't think she's leaving to do better/other things, she was in contract negotiations and she & CBS/Sony couldn't agree on the terms of her new contract. Maybe she asked for more than they were willing give and she didn't feel it was fair/right to her and so she chose to throw the deuces. I can't imagine that she's getting many offers considering she's pushing 50 and Hollywood is rough for women her age. I could see her going to another soap.
Nursing home alert for the over 50 set, look out MTS, age 57, Eileen Davidson, 53, Jess Walton, 64, Esther, 65 they're coming for you! :D
Not all movies and shows are centered around the bubble gum set, there are plenty of over 50's working.
MS is a good soap actress, but I wouldn't say that her age would relegate her to that genre alone. It is a good field to be in though, if you have a child. Few location shoots, weekends off etc.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
May 25 2013, 09:14 AM
BlissfulLily
the only ones that I know that think Gregg R is a heart throb are gays and not calling you a gay just because you like him. He is such a wimpy looking and pretty little guy he is a favorite of many gay men. LOL Greg is very gay looking not masculine looking at all. I am not bashing gays believe me because we are who we are and nothing can change that.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Michelle did confirm why she was leaving and it was because she wanted to do other project. She has no hard feelings for TPTB or any cast or crew member. That is what she said but I still think it was all over TPTB not giving her the money she wanted or the amount of time she wanted on her contract. She did say they did all they could to get her to stay but she thought it was time just to move on.

Myself I think she saw the writing on the wall and that soon most vets will be back burned and the younger set will be front and center. Believe me MS is the first one to leave but my bet is that other vets will leave slowly one by one because they are being back burned and are going to make less money if they are back burned. They get paid by episode and if they are not shown in just a few episodes they willl make less money.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

ITA Hot Pepper! That is why I said that the veteran women won't get more airtime or popularity it will be the newbies that take over.
Sad too.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I just looked at the AMC pictures, where MS was the Social Media Reporter. Maybe that is what she has going on and why she is leaving.
Appears she did a damn good job.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
May 26 2013, 01:11 PM
I just looked at the AMC pictures, where MS was the Social Media Reporter. Maybe that is what she has going on and why she is leaving.
Appears she did a damn good job.
she was on AMC? I didn't know that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply