Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michelle Stafford Exiting Y&R! (Update 5/21)
Topic Started: May 20 2013, 02:39 PM (14,050 Views)
BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Geeeeeeeez I'm a goof. I mean ACM awards! Got my letters mixed around.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kelly777
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
May 26 2013, 07:46 AM
ITA Hot Pepper! That is why I said that the veteran women won't get more airtime or popularity it will be the newbies that take over.
Sad too.
The newbies HAVE taken over! I don't even recognize the show anymore. JFP just cluster bombed the place with newbies. I don't care whether or not you like the newbies, your current newbie will soon be backburned for some other newer newbie. She thinks that fixes everything by stirring up the pot once a week with a new face. I'm not wild about Stafford's character on the show but her departure is just a symptom of a more malignant disease. I think she saw that her character was going nowhere with this group of hacks. Even when people I care about are on screen their regression makes them unrecognizable to me.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Hope to see Phyllis tear Carmine to pieces. He won't know what hit him. She can be a vicious bitch.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
May 23 2013, 10:53 AM
I expect Phyllis to be recast a few months down the road.

I hope not. I could use a long break from Phyllis Summers.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

It's not Phyllis Summers that intimidates people, it's MS playing the part of PS that does it.

metitle
Member Avatar

Checkers
Jun 3 2013, 02:14 AM
Y&RWorldTurner

But the paternity storyline will be missing Phyllis Summers.
She needs to be there even for that and then she can take a long trip Europe to sort out of feelings.

I think TPTB should rotate the cast member during the thirteen weeks cycles, then fans wont be so sick of just seeing just the chosen few.
For instance this paternity storyline, could be about Nick, Summer, Jack, Phyllis etc. While another storyline could be about Adam, Chelsea etc.
At the end of the thirteen weeks, then switch to another group of cast members for different storylines.
That might also give the actors time to work on other projects as well because they will have breaks between the story cycles.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Checkers
Jun 3 2013, 02:14 AM
Y&RWorldTurner

Me too. I hate the old bitch. It's time for a LONG break from that character.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I heard a rumor about Michelle possibly going to GH. I wonder if it's true.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Young and the Restless's loss, General Hospitals gain.

LPS
Member Avatar

More like Y&R's gain and GH's loss.

I hope JFP returns to her old ways and has Phyllis murdered Frankie style.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

BlissfulLily
Jun 3 2013, 07:23 AM
It's not Phyllis Summers that intimidates people, it's MS playing the part of PS that does it.
I for one have never been intimidated by MS playing the part of Phyllis. When I was still watching I was tired of her overly theatrical acting choices which were no longer entertaining to me.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

It's not Phyllis going to GH is MS. Stereotyping all MS's characters as Phyllis isn't right either. I seen SH (Patty Cakes) on NCIS and other shows and didn't expect a Pattyish character.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jun 3 2013, 08:47 PM
BlissfulLily
I for one have never been intimidated by MS playing the part of Phyllis. When I was still watching I was tired of her overly theatrical acting choices which were no longer entertaining to me.
THIS. I used to think she was a fantastic actress but the last few years the over acting was absolutely terrible.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Who would Michelle Stafford play on GH?! Terry Brock, Bobbie's step-daughter? a recast Connie Falconeri? Skye Chandler Quartermaine? Yet another newbie character to GH? Hope not.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Jun 4 2013, 01:06 AM.

LPS
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Jun 4 2013, 01:06 AM
Who would Michelle Stafford play on GH?! Terry Brock, Bobbie's step-daughter? a recast Connie Falconeri? Skye Chandler Quartermaine? Yet another newbie character to GH? Hope not.
Franco's mother! :blulaugh:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Jun 3 2013, 10:21 PM
Miss Rhi
Jun 3 2013, 08:47 PM
BlissfulLily
THIS. I used to think she was a fantastic actress but the last few years the over acting was absolutely terrible.
her acting has been over the top, the miscarriage scene being the worst ever, but I would have to lay the blame on the director, they're the ones who tell the actors how to do it.

LPS
Member Avatar

So was Yvonne Zima's sh*tty acting the fault of the director, therefore, Y&R should not have let her go?

I don't think soap directors have time to micromanage the actors. The actors themselves talk about only taking everything without retakes. The sh*tty acting and repeating lines is Stafford's responsibility.

soapflake02

I'm pretty sure Phyllis will be recast, the paternity will come out, Phyllis and Nick will have a huge blowout, then she will leave town outraged that he betrayed her, she will go visit Daniel, and when she comes back( who knows how long) the new Phyllis will be in.

Jazzygem
Member Avatar

I hope she fall in love, whereever it is she is going and forget about Y&R. Good luck MS, take your sister (Avery) for support.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

I may have to watch this miscarriage scene y'all are talking about. I had stopped watching at that time, but y'all make it sound hilarious instead of heartbreaking. LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply