Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, May 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 21 2013, 08:15 AM (17,096 Views)
michr544125

Such a shame this of all episodes was interrupted. This episode was emmy worthy.

Freddie is such an underrated actor. Camila yesterday was incredible also. I was dying laughing at the lines between them. I know Sonny seemed so much more clueless than he always is. But many people freeze in situations like that I might actually be able to come around to Gabi and enjoy her again. She needs to a lot more apologizing but I could love a friendship between her and Sonny. I thought it was sweet how Gabi made sure to let Sonny know that he is now part of the baby's life in a sense with her saying he part of the delivery story.

Blake as always blew me away. Please give this guy an emmy. He is beyond incredible. Though I am still not crazy about the rape aspect. Most people are not homophobic due to rape. But looking forward to Blake performances with this.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 22 2013, 12:22 AM
TreasureCove
May 22 2013, 12:17 AM
jb1183
May 21 2013, 11:22 PM
Matt
May 21 2013, 11:11 PM
I've yet to understand this line of thinking that a baby is a reward for being a popular character and something a character should have just because they want one. One of the first rules of drama is you NEVER give a character what they really, truly want. A child is not some sort of award. "And the nominees for most deserving potential mother in Salem are..." "And the baby goes to...." smdh
I don't think Nicole not having a child would bother people so much if Sami didn't have four of them that she's rarely ever shown taking care of.
She also gets everything she wants against all logic without earning or deserving it, while Nicole fights tooth-and-nail only to end up with nothing.
Right. And that's why Nicole was a more interesting character than Sami from 2008-2012.
She's still a far more interesting character than Sami - and would be with a litter of babies as well.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

elci525
May 22 2013, 05:39 AM
tomsawyer
TreasureCove
jb1183
May 21 2013, 11:22 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
She also gets everything she wants against all logic without earning or deserving it, while Nicole fights tooth-and-nail only to end up with nothing.
Right. And that's why Nicole was a more interesting character than Sami from 2008-2012.
She's still a far more interesting character than Sami - and would be with a litter of babies as well.
Not this year for me. All Nicole seems to do is fantasize about Father Eric. While that keeps me firmly aboard Team Ericole, I'd rather watch Sami right now, even ejami aside. She's getting into fights with half of Salem and holding her own, in HEELS. Sami's a one woman tornado and I freakin' love it. :applause:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 22 2013, 12:28 AM
Supergirlx2
May 22 2013, 12:24 AM
tomsawyer
TreasureCove

I'd have to say that I still find Nicole more interesting than Sami, even though it seems like we barely see her these days.
I don't know. I think it's reversed in 2013 so far. Other than getting EJ, pretty much everything Sami has tried to do this year has not worked out for her. And based on spoilers, it looks like that will continue to be the case. Meanwhile, Nicole is falling in love and increasingly getting support from a lot of different citizens of Salem. Sami is winning in failing this year, hence she's more fun right now.
Sami has four children, her choice of homes, an extended family that love her even though she hurts them, a grandchild on the way and two men kissing her ass even though they know she cheats in a heartbeat. It would be three if one wasn't in a coma.

Nicole lives in a convent, has two dead babies, no family in town, despite beauty, loyalty, humour, and itelligance this twilight zone town claims that no man actually wants her.

The people in town supporting Nicole will call her a whore and turn on her in a heartbeat when the guy she's falling in love with returns her feelings.

S loves EJ

Matt
I've yet to understand this line of thinking that a baby is a reward for being a popular character and something a character should have just because they want one. One of the first rules of drama is you NEVER give a character what they really, truly want. A child is not some sort of award. "And the nominees for most deserving potential mother in Salem are..." "And the baby goes to...." smdh
I donīt think itīs about rewarding the character as much as rewarding her fans that want to see her happy and have wanting her to have a baby for a long time, and who found it cruel to killing her baby off, so I think they should give her a baby but it might be better if she adopted one rather than bringing back baby Ejole since I doubt there is a future for Ejole. Anyway I donīt think Samiīs family life should be compared to Nicoleīs Sami wasnīt given 4 kids in a way to reward her but to writhe good drama.
Edited by S loves EJ, May 22 2013, 07:01 AM.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 22 2013, 06:54 AM
tomsawyer
May 22 2013, 12:28 AM
Supergirlx2
May 22 2013, 12:24 AM
tomsawyer

I'd have to say that I still find Nicole more interesting than Sami, even though it seems like we barely see her these days.
I don't know. I think it's reversed in 2013 so far. Other than getting EJ, pretty much everything Sami has tried to do this year has not worked out for her. And based on spoilers, it looks like that will continue to be the case. Meanwhile, Nicole is falling in love and increasingly getting support from a lot of different citizens of Salem. Sami is winning in failing this year, hence she's more fun right now.
Sami has four children, her choice of homes, an extended family that love her even though she hurts them, a grandchild on the way and two men kissing her ass even though they know she cheats in a heartbeat. It would be three if one wasn't in a coma.

Nicole lives in a convent, has two dead babies, no family in town, despite beauty, loyalty, humour, and itelligance this twilight zone town claims that no man actually wants her.

The people in town supporting Nicole will call her a whore and turn on her in a heartbeat when the guy she's falling in love with returns her feelings.
Salem...backwards I tell you.

elci525
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
May 22 2013, 06:48 AM
elci525
tomsawyer
TreasureCove

Not this year for me. All Nicole seems to do is fantasize about Father Eric. While that keeps me firmly aboard Team Ericole, I'd rather watch Sami right now, even ejami aside. She's getting into fights with half of Salem and holding her own, in HEELS. Sami's a one woman tornado and I freakin' love it. :applause:
Meh. That's nice - I am glad you enjoy her. But her ability to picks fights doesn't impress me - good for her, but this isn't breaking news. And I can run around in heels too. It's not that interesting. There are moments when she amuses me, but those moments are sporadic. Kate slapping her was entertaining, for example. She just isn't my cup of tea anymore.
Edited by elci525, May 22 2013, 07:08 AM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 22 2013, 06:56 AM
Matt
I donīt think itīs about rewarding the character as much as rewarding her fans that want to see her happy and have wanting her to have a baby for a long time, and who found it cruel to killing her baby off, so I think they should give her a baby but it might be better if she adopted one rather than bringing back baby Ejole since I doubt there is a future for Ejole.
The thing is, there is always a big ass monkey's paw when someone "gets something." For example, you're finally with the guy that's right for you... and everyone one town hates him, something is wrong with him, or you have a secret, etc.. When it comes to babies, it's usually that you're pregnant but not by the guy you want/love, that guy you want to be the father wants to be with someone else, etc.. So, even if someone gets something, nothing is ever peaches and cream. In fact, there is usually a bout of hell attached.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Okay this is a comment from a few days ago, but rewatching some of the 5-17 show and why is Nick even working if he can *triple* someone's money in a few days? I know I wouldn't be working for my money.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

elci525
May 22 2013, 07:03 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
elci525
tomsawyer

Meh. That's nice, but I can get into fights and run around in heels too. It's not that interesting. She just isn't my cup of tea anymore.
For anyone else, I might agree with you. However, after experiencing Sami waiting for someone to come and fix her problems for a significant period of time, I appreciate her more pro-active, though eventually destructive, stance on life these days. I'll take that any day of the week.

elci525
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
May 22 2013, 07:10 AM
elci525
May 22 2013, 07:03 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
elci525

Meh. That's nice, but I can get into fights and run around in heels too. It's not that interesting. She just isn't my cup of tea anymore.
For anyone else, I might agree with you. However, after experiencing Sami waiting for someone to come and fix her problems for a significant period of time, I appreciate her more pro-active, though eventually destructive, stance on life these days. I'll take that any day of the week.
Understood - she is different than she was with Rafe and I can see that appealing to fans who missed that hell-raiser side. But either version I'd pass on any day of the week. I've just really tired of her.
Edited by elci525, May 22 2013, 07:14 AM.

six
Member Avatar

This episode was perfectly written and acted, especially by BB. I feel bad for the fans who have to rely on the NBC feed to watch the show.

I was hoping Nick was going to accidentally shoot Will.

It's a good thing Kate is such a good character in general, because her Rafe-centric view of the world is wearing thin. Loved the Sami/Kate fight, too. And Sami's British accent was cute. I don't care for EJ keeping things from her, though, even if he has his reasons and I kind of hope the only reason Sami ultimately decides not to dig into what he's doing is because she's going to be preoccupied with Will and Arianna.

Sonny and Gabi were sitcommy, but cute. I'm looking forward to seeing what FS does with the scenes where Sonny finds out Will has been shot. Like someone said up thread, he's very underrated. I do hope that Will's attempt to rescue Nick doesn't completely end the story about the blackmail and homophobia. I want people to find out what Nick was doing and why.

Ejustin should open a law firm together. They don't even have to try cases. They can just sit in the office smirking and snarking all day and I'd be happy.

Sweet and Salty

:o Just watching yesterday's!! JJ broke Parker's train set!!!

Sweet and Salty

EJ's phone call was to Justin! I know, ya'll have already seen it! :ermm:

six
Member Avatar

I kind of want Daniel to get hooked up with a new dealer and find out it's JJ. Now, nobody ever said Daniel smoked weed, but I feel like it's a good bet that he does.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

six
May 22 2013, 07:41 AM
I kind of want Daniel to get hooked up with a new dealer and find out it's JJ. Now, nobody ever said Daniel smoked weed, but I feel like it's a good bet that he does.
ooh! Both would have secrets to keep from Jennifer. Hell, it may actually bond them over time. I like it!

nightfan

Keith
May 22 2013, 02:32 AM
Mini-rant: how is there any excuse for breaking news reports on a network television program with selected times for news reporting? In the age of social networking, internet news-reporting, and cable news stations, its utter bullshit and whoever said NBC sabotages DAYS, I agree, and they've been doing it since OJ Simpson. And hearing that there was nothing new reported just irritates me more. I get like this when its a mediocre episode based on this same principle and today's episode was well beyond mediocre. Hell, I hope the show submits it as a reel for best drama series. And I'll grant you all the networks do it, but good God, maybe if the networks would respect their actual program, network television wouldn't be the joke its become.

I care greatly for what has happened in Oklahoma. But I will never care enough about anything tragic happening in this country to not feel the way I do about networks interrupting their own programming to air special news reports. Not in this day and age, where information travels at the speed of light on so many different formats. And maybe that's ignorant. But its how I feel. Rant over.

But seriously, this show was riveting today. For the 27 minutes of it that I saw. I'm so pissed about the things I'm hear I missed. But it was seriously firing on all cylinders without the stuff that I missed. In every storyline. Gah. Just. So. Good.
I hope people ranting here (and I agree, by the way) are giving NBC HELL for sabotaging their shows. It's not enough for fans alone to see it. it's preaching to the choir.

nightfan

Nitpick on the Kate stuff. I wish Fr. Eric would have overheard Kate say she got back her soul from fornicating with Rafe in an entirely sex-based configuration (not calling it a relationship). yeah, right... that makes sense....

Dee-anne

JamaicanBeauty7
elci525
tomsawyer
TreasureCove

I too find Nicole 100 times more interesting than Sami even though they are hardly giving Nicole much to do. IMO AZ is a much better actress. I actually prefer Nicole's personality. Sami continues to look ridiculous to me. She is picking fights with men now, (Nick/Stefamo's goon) who if they chose would give her one thump and send her flying. When she wins in any argument with Nicole it just shows me how bias this show is. Nicole has a lot to throw back in Sami's face, but they seem to have Sami have the last word most of the time. I had to roll my eyes when she threatened Nicole. She had to run to EJ and Stefano to help her with Nick. Yes, she shot EJ, but he was unconscious at the time when she did it, and she had Rafe's help to cover that one, and her dad and Bo suspecting her and allowed her to get away with it. At the time, I did not blame her for shooting EJ, but, now that she is busy having sex with EJ every chance she gets after what he has done to her. I just cannot feel a thing for this woman. Her behaviour in how she has treated people including Rafe, and Lucas was just atrocious. I found it sickening rather than entertaining.

I find everyone else on the show more interesting than Sami. They have turned her into a really dense person. I don't find her stumping around, shouting and, screaming, throwing out threats, and insulting people entertaining and her and EJ boring even if they did not have that horrible history. She really has no right to insult anyone, and when she does, I just want to shout hypocrite just shut up. There is a lot of things the person she is attacking, could come back with and throw in her face but, the writers hardly allows that to happen. I no longer watch the show, and she is major part of the reason why, but I had to see that scene of Kate slapping her.

S loves EJ

JamaicanBeauty7
May 22 2013, 07:04 AM
S loves EJ
May 22 2013, 06:56 AM
Matt
I donīt think itīs about rewarding the character as much as rewarding her fans that want to see her happy and have wanting her to have a baby for a long time, and who found it cruel to killing her baby off, so I think they should give her a baby but it might be better if she adopted one rather than bringing back baby Ejole since I doubt there is a future for Ejole.
The thing is, there is always a big ass monkey's paw when someone "gets something." For example, you're finally with the guy that's right for you... and everyone one town hates him, something is wrong with him, or you have a secret, etc.. When it comes to babies, it's usually that you're pregnant but not by the guy you want/love, that guy you want to be the father wants to be with someone else, etc.. So, even if someone gets something, nothing is ever peaches and cream. In fact, there is usually a bout of hell attached.

I have no problem with that I love drama where as I found happily ever after boring, that is the meaning with soaps to have drama.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply