Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: May Discussion
Topic Started: May 22 2013, 04:40 AM (1,110 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OLTL: May Discussion

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nightfan

Victor's an idiot for leaving his search history intact. Does he WANT to get caught?

natdot99
Member Avatar

Jack needs professional help with his inner rage.
D/J/M, not interested
Destiny, he not that into you, move on with your life and get a child support order against Matthew.
Bo.Nora just be Drew grandparents.
Natalie/Cutter :shrug:

nightfan

Am I supposed to like that a sweet thing like Natalie is planning a date with a total manwhore like Cutter/

NOT good father material for your baby!

Loved the cutting of the Natalie/Vicki phone call.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

This week was not so entertaining.

Todd/Victor feud falls flat because Victor is not even there to spice things up. And the focus on "Victor" and the tattoo on the dead body doesn't work either because we all know he is not dead. So even exploring comes up as lazy writing.

I like that Viki is having a crisis with running The Banner in the digital age. That is timely and relates to what is happening in the newspaper industry all around. But the crisis does not feel real enough. To make the idea of Vicki having to lay long-time staff members off that would cause such a conundrum, The Banner would have to be in state where she is going to have to declare bankruptcy on a principle loan from the past that kept the news organization afloat during the 2008 recession.

Something is needed though to make me connect more with it.

When it comes to Dani and Matthew it is as if the writers have clearly decided to alienate these two characters from the rest of the cast. Especially their parents and family members, just to try and push that they want the audience to view them as a future couple. I might need to add that this show started with Dani overdosing on drugs and since then she has not even taken another hit? This from a young woman who was to supposedly have fallen off the track due to her mother's distance from her and the loss of her dad. It appears to me from a writing and storytelling standpoint that Dani should be struggling more with drugs and having Matthew trying to save her as the source of what would draw them together. She should be a walking-talking bitch of an addict who goes through all the stages of addiction and would lead to an intervention of sorts. That is how this story should be told.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Quote:

And the focus on "Victor" and the tattoo on the dead body doesn't work either because we all know he is not dead. So even exploring comes up as lazy writing.

The tattoo on the dead body belongs to the guy who was killed on the first episode. The victim may be connected to whoever had Victor since they both have the same tattoo. We were never meant to think that the dead guy was Victor.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Clint wants Matthew to be a father to Drew, but wants John to stay out of Liam life. :what:
D/J/M/D, not interested in baby mama/daddy drama.
Tea, needs a few cases to get her mind off Victor.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I appreciated seeing a promo for the UK soap Coronation Street embedded into today's commercials for OLTL that airs exclusively in the US on Hulu.

Tammy
Member Avatar

See this two day a week thing is already screwing up my viewing habits... but not for OLTL. I would watch OLTL then AMC back to back... now I haven't watched AMC since this two episode a week thing started! :shame:

nightfan

Matt
May 28 2013, 10:56 AM
I appreciated seeing a promo for the UK soap Coronation Street embedded into today's commercials for OLTL that airs exclusively in the US on Hulu.
Coronation Street at also airs on Hulu.
On my stream, it comes on right after OLTL (or is it Days?) One or the other.

nightfan

What's with this show and recreational drugs? like that guy DRUGGING that girl, and Rama doesn't care? It's not legal, is it? Rama? ENABLER, much?!!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I'm still in week 3. Tea's acting is soooooooo over the top. Liking Matthew and Dani.

nightfan

Drew
May 30 2013, 12:23 AM
I'm still in week 3. Tea's acting is soooooooo over the top. Liking Matthew and Dani.
I'm liking Matthew and Dani against my better judgment. I'm pulling for Destiny to win her man, somehow.

natdot99
Member Avatar

I can't wait until Bo finds out what Clint did to John in regards to Liam, I hope he puts him in place.
The Shelter should be called a brothel because more sex in taking place than drinking.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

That 3 week recap just came on and I never noticed until now that the first episode opened with the 80s theme as the background music during the Viki scene.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I really do not understand that New York Lottery commercial

Tammy
Member Avatar

natdot99
May 30 2013, 07:28 AM
I can't wait until Bo finds out what Clint did to John in regards to Liam
What did he do? :shrug: I must have missed something lol.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Tammy
May 31 2013, 02:49 PM
natdot99
May 30 2013, 07:28 AM
I can't wait until Bo finds out what Clint did to John in regards to Liam
What did he do? :shrug: I must have missed something lol.

Clint got a restraining from the court to prevent John from seeing Liam.(Episode happened on GH). He wants to keep John out of Liam life for good, even though John wants to see Liam. But he gets mad a Matthew because he does not want to be a father to Drew. That the hypocrisy of Clint.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I would argue that the canon of events transpiring on GH is tenuous at best.
Edited by Drew, May 31 2013, 06:36 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply