Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 22 2013, 06:36 AM (15,160 Views)
Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I don't think Lucas is allowed to show more feeling for his son being shot because it will squeeze out EJ's concern and compassion and 'love' for the almost stepson he once blackmailed and manhandled not so long ago.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
May 23 2013, 08:32 AM
I don't think Lucas is allowed to show more feeling for his son being shot because it will squeeze out EJ's concern and compassion and 'love' for the almost stepson he once blackmailed and manhandled not so long ago.
Exactly
the show thought it more important to see onscreen ej find out than lucas

lucas was mess when lost custody of will and now will almost died and we get nothing
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 22 2013, 09:23 PM
six
May 22 2013, 12:39 PM
Considering Hope's role in this, she could stand to be a bit more humble.
Why does everyone keep blaming Hope? It's Ciara who hid the letter that the dumbass cop left on Hope's desk & didn't follow up on because Sami left her alone. I didn't realize that Hope needed to do complete sweeps of her office every night in case someone tried to hide something from her.
I hold Hope partially responsible, because she left her minor child in the care of someone whose judgment she clearly doesn't respect. That kind of thing isn't even new for her, since she also chose to leave Ciara with a lady who thought it was okay to let Ciara have a long chat with Kristen. Furthermore, while Ciara's acting out is understandable and entertaining, that's still not an excuse to let it slide, like Hope has been doing. Ciara, a little girl, did something she should have known better than to do, so Hope should take some ownership in this. Fortunately, she realizes this it's partially her fault. And she didn't have to divine that the missing letter existed to have played a role in what happened.
Edited by six, May 23 2013, 08:39 AM.

camera shy

And I hope Hope makes Ciara apologize to the cop she outright called a liar which she herself is.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Steve Williford
Scriptwriter: Janet Iacobuzio

Segment 1: Repeat of Gabi's baby being born. Why isn't she crying. Sonny, is my baby okay. What's wrong with my baby.

Repeat of Nick telling Jensen he's not even human etc and of Hope bursting into the shed and shooting Jensen.

Repeat of Kate slapping Sami. You rotten bitch! Of all the selfish, irresponsible things you have said that may have been the worst because you have no idea what Rafe means to me. None whatsoever! Sami is incredulous. You love him. Kate - God, Sami, you are such an idiot! I've broken it off with him. I just want you to keep your mouth shut and stay out of my business. Sami taunts - You broke it off with him because you realised you were falling in love with him. It's true, isn't it? You should see yourself right now. It's so true!

EJ hands Justin 3 envelopes with the symbol of the phoenix on them. Those are the final 3 nails in my father's coffin. Justin - So, it's not enough for you to just beat Stefano, you really do want to leave him with absolutely nothing. EJ - That's the plan.

Gabi - Sonny, why isn't she crying? Sonny - I don't know Gabi. He holds the baby close. I don't know what I'm doing. OMG. Gabi - Sonny, please do something!

Jensen falls to the floor. Nick cries out. Will! He shot Will. Is he dead? Hope rolls Will over. Thankfully Hope has reception on her phone. She makes a call. This is Det. Hope Brady. Smith Island. Code 246. Get a Medivac chopper here fast! Nick - Is he breathing. Hope yells Will's name. Will, can you hear me. Will opens his eyes slightly. Hope - Stay with me Will, stay with me.

With Gabi imploring him to do something Sonny stands up and holds the baby up against his shoulder and pats the baby's back. The baby cries. Gabi - She's okay. My baby, OMG. Sonny - It worked! I can't believe it worked. Gabi - Can you give her to me please? Gabi holds the baby. OMG! Hi Arianna. (What an adorable baby - so bright and alert!) Gabi cries. It's so nice to meet you. Sonny grins from ear to ear. Gabi - She's perfect. Thank you. Sonny talks to the baby. Hi! Wait until Will meets you!

Hope keeps pressure on Will's wound imploring him ... stay with us! They're almost here Will. Nick - You're going to be okay Will. The 2 cops Hope brought with her show up. Hope - One of you untie him. The parolee is dead. Will, they're almost here. Just hang on. Nick has been freed. He cradles Will's head. You're going to be okay. Do you hear me? Will groans. Where's Gabi and Sonny? Nick - Gabi and Sonny got out. Will was trying to save me. They're out there. Hope tells the two cops to go and find them. One of them is a pregnant woman. Go! Identify yourselves. They're probably hiding and terrified and leave one of your radio's with them. She gets down closer to Will telling him to hold on.

Segment 2: Gabi - Why haven't Nick and Will caught up to us yet? Sonny - I'm sure they're fine. They got out of there before that lunatic got back. They're probably circling the island to make sure it's clear. Gabi - How far have they gotten? Sonny - I don't know. Gabi - It must not be far because I was screaming. They probably heard me screaming back in Salem. What if they got hurt? What if they're not okay. Sonny - They're fine. You just had labour at the worst time possible. Look at this perfect baby girl. Luck is on your side. Gabi - You're great with pep talks. Sonny - I just figure if we stay calm ... Salem PD, identify yourselves. You're out of danger. Sonny pounds on the window. Hey! We're in here! Gabi cries and looks at the baby. We're okay.

Nick - You're going to be okay Will. The EMT's come in. It sounds like Hope says 'he's dead.' (Not sure exactly what she said). She adds - He spoke earlier. He's been unconscious ever since. Male EMT on radio - Victim has a gunshot wound to the abdomen, upper left quadrant. Female - He's fading, pulse is thready. Male - We'll need an OR right away. He tells his partner they'll have to get his pulse when the get there. We're not going to try and stabilize him here. The other cops radio in. Hope - Over. She tells Nick - You're going to have to fill me in on this Nick. She looks at Nick who is barely holding himself together. Nick! Nick - He saved my life and now ...

Justin - These are three of the most respected names on Wall Street. EJ - Maybe the only three; that's another story. Justin - And you got them to sign over their proxies to you? EJ - Look, they may be the most respected names on Wall Street but those boys didn't get their yachts and their little island hideaways by being good boy scouts. Justin - But they always voted with your father's interests in mind before. EJ - Of course. Justin - Then why would they ... EJ - I didn't have to dig very deep to find out how leveraged my father is. He's shorting his own stock you know. Justin - Whoa! EJ - So with the things that you helped me put into place when it comes time to vote with those ... we'll be putting the old man out to pasture once and for all.

Sami and Kate are outside the coffeehouse now. Sami - You fell for him completely. Kate - I can't believe that you would find that so unbelievable. Sami - It's unbelievable that Rafe would want to be with you. He deserves better. Kate - Really? A prize like you? I can't believe that you're judging Rafe's choices. He gave you his love and his committment and what did you do? You spit on it the minute you jumped into bed with EJ. Sami - Give me a break ... pot ... kettle. You know it's a lot more complicated than that. Kate - More complicated than you being a selfish, opportunistic bitch? Sami - Okay, I will apologise to Rafe when he wakes up because he will wake up. You on the other hand will never hear an apology from me about anything.

Maxine walks up to Dan at the nurse's station. No change? Dan - Not yet. Maxine - I just left Rafe's room. Fr Eric's with him. Dan - That's good. Maxine - If only that sweet man would take a turn for the better before his baby niece arrives. The phone rings. Maxine answers. Now! Well Dr. Dan's here, I'll get him on it. Dan - What is it? Maxine - Medivac's arriving, bringing in a gunshot.

The EMT's wheel Will out. Nick is huddled in a corner with his arms crossed. Hope - Nick, let's go. Hope raises her voice to get his attention. Nick! Let's go. Nick looks around holding back tears before leaving.

Segment 3: This show is really out of whack because this segment starts with Sonny and Gabi back in the shack. So I'm assuming this is segment 3 and what we saw before that was segment 4. So that's the order I'm putting them in even though they didn't air in this order.

Sonny has found one of those thermal survivor blankets. He places it around Gabi's shoulders. You need to stay warm. Gabi - What did they say? Sonny - They're sending a Medivac helicopter to bring us back to Salem. Gabi - Did they find Nick and Will? Sonny - They said the investigation is ongoing but they're out of danger. Gabi - I wish they'd just come in here and meet her. Sonny - I do too. Gabi - I know they said they were bringing medical transport for us but when we were worried about Arianna, did you hear a helicopter?

Lucas walks out of the Brady pub. Marlena sees him and greets him with a hug. Lucas, long time. Lucas - I just dropped Allie off with her great-grandmother and Aunt Kayla. Marlena - Well I'll say hello. I'm here to meet Sami. Lucas - Oh yeah, you guys going to discuss her engagement to EJ. Marlena - We try not to limit ourselves to one topic. Lucas - Well you have to admit it's a pretty interesting topic. Marlena - Yes, I do have to admit that. Lucas - Well I have a theory. Marlena - Okay, I'll listen to it. Lucas - Well, I just think Sami's kind of traumatized right now by the fact that she's becoming a grandma so she's flying off the rails a little bit more than usual, you know. Marlena - Oh. I'm not sure I see it that way. Lucas - Why else would she feel the need to marry a DiMera. I don't know why I'm trying to figure this out, you're the shrink. What's your take on it? Why are Sami and EJ engaged right now? Marlena - Oh. Well you know Sami's my daughter so I try to support every decision she makes. This one defies analysis. Lucas - Yeah, it does. At least it's an honest answer. Marlena - Well thank you. And I love her and I want her happy as I know you do because she's the mother of your children. Lucas - Yeah. Sami happy is a lot better than Sami not happy. Marlena - I've noticed that. Lucas - Haven't we all! I guess I'll see you around soon. Marlena - I'll see you when the baby's born. Lucas - Tell Sami I said hi. Marlena - I will, if she ever gets here. Lucas - Good luck with that. He leaves.

Kate - I don't want an apology from you. I just want a promise. Sami snickers. This ought to be good. Kate - That you and EJ will get married and spend the rest of your miserable lives together and you'll leave Rafe the hell alone. Sami - Well I promise you my life will be anything but miserable; in fact it is a dream come true. But I do care about what happens to Rafe and I'm going to see to it that he stays away from toxic predatory females like you. She finally answers her phone. Hi Hope, what's up? Say that again!

EJ - So the next full board meeting is in two months. Justin - And you don't think Stefano will see this coming at him like an arrow? EJ - No, he's distracted. When he's distracted, he slips up. Justin - Distracted. How? EJ - I suppose this will become public knowledge at some point soon. Kate was having an affair with Rafe. Justin - Kate and Rafe. EJ - So as much as my father had moved on, he didn't take very kindly to her moving on. EJ gets a call. It's Sami. It's Will. He's hurt and they're rushing him to the hospital and I need you to meet me there as soon as you can. EJ - He's hurt. How was he hurt? Sami - He's been shot.

Will is wheeled in. Dan - What've we got. EMT - Gunshot to the abdomen, heavy bleeding. Dan - OR six is ready. Right this way. Maxine tells Hope and Nick not to worry. They'll take good care of him. And I just got word that the second medivac with Gabi is on it's way in. Nick - Is she hurt? Maxine - No she had the baby. Nick, you're a father. Dan returns and comments that Will lost a lot of blood. Hope - I know. I tried stopping it but it was constant. Dan - We're prepping him for surgery now. Maxine goes to assist.

Segment 4: Hope is talking on her cell as Nick paces. Yes, all survivors are off the island. I'm just at the hospital now waiting for an update on Will's condition. Sonny gets off the elevator as well as Gabi and the baby. (Gabi is wheeled off in a wheelchair). Maxine - Congratulations sweetheart. I'm going to take her from you for a little bit. Gabi - No, no, no. Please don't. Maxine - I know she's fine but we have to have her checked out. Gabi - But Nick ... Maxine - It's okay sweetheart. I'll be back to take care of you. Gabi sees Hope and Will sitting in the chairs. Nick rushes over and hugs her. Gabi - It's a girl. Sonny delivered the baby. Nick - I heard. Are you good? Gabi - Yeah. Nick - Thank God you're okay. Gabi - I'm okay. Where's Will? Sonny - You stayed together, right? He was with you. What happened Nick? Just tell us. What happened? Hope replies. Will's in surgery. Gabi - What? She sees Hope's blood stained blouse. OMG! Is that ... Hope - He was shot. Gabi - What! Sonny shakes his head and says no. Gabi - But he's okay. Hope - Daniel is the surgeon. We'll have to wait to hear from him. Maxine returns and tells Gabi that they have to get her checked out too. Gabi wants to stay here. Hope - Honey, go with Maxine please. I promise I'll find you as soon as we hear anything about Will. Sonny looks to be in shock.

In the OR when Dan hears Will's stats he says - We have to go in now. Scalpel!

Maxine wheels Gabi into a room and tells her the doctor will be here in just a few minutes to examine her. Gabi - Where's my baby? Maxine - The Neo-natal people have her right now. They're checking her out. As soon as they're done I'm sure they'll bring her to you. Gabi - You were here when they brought Will in? Where was he shot? Maxine - Honey, I'm not sure but listen, Dr. Dan's in the OR and you know he'll take care of him. Gabi nods yes. Maxine holds her. I'll pray for your friend. Gabi - Pray for Sonny too.

Sami and Kate arrive. Sami rushes to Sonny. Where's Will? Is he okay? What's happening? Sonny - I don't know. He's in surgery right now. Sami - Surgery? Who's with him? Sonny - Dr. Jonas. They just started the surgery. Kate - What happened? Lucas arrives. Mom, Sami, what's going on. Kate - He's in surgery. Sami - Who would do this? Who would shoot my son? Sonny - It was some guy alright. He was sick! Lucas - He WAS sick. Hope - He's dead. It was the same man who attacked Rafe. Kate - What! Who is he? Sonny - He knew Nick in prison. Sonny looks over where Nick is sitting hunched over. Lucas - So wait a minute, this maniac went after Rafe and Will, that's what you're telling me? Sami looks at Nick. And he did it to get at you or did you arrange it? Did you want to get Rafe and Will away from that baby! So you decided to get him out of the picture. Is that what happened. Sami assaults Nick. Did you have him killed? Sami screams - Did you want to have my son killed. She screeches - You answer me.

Segment 5: Sami keeps assaulting Nick as Hope watches. What did you do to my son? What did you do to Will? Nick - It's my fault. Sami makes ugly faces as she rants - It is your fault. It's all your fault. You bastard. You had my son ... EJ pulls her back. (Justin is there too). Hope yells. Everybody just take a step back. EJ - What the hell is going on? Sami makes false accusations screeching away - He hired some ex-con friend of his to hurt Will. Hope barks - That is not true! Sami screams - He admitted it. He said it was all his fault. Hope yells back - Stop it! Jensen was a lunatic. He was after Nick. He was trying to kill Nick and your son, he saved his life. Your son saved his life. Sonny and Will came to help Nick and Gabi. Sami - Where is Gabi? Hope - With Maxine. The doctors are making sure she's okay. And the baby, the baby's in Neo-natal. Kate - The baby? Lucas - Wait a minute, the baby was born already? Justin - Here at the hospital? Sonny - No. Sami - What do you mean no? Where is she? Is she okay? Hope - She's fine. They're both fine. Sami - How? What happened? Where was she born? EJ - Hope, maybe you should just start from the beginning, alright? Nick looks devastated.

The doctor has finished examing Gabi. Everything looks fine. Are you feeling okay? Gabi - I am yeah. I'm very lucky. Dr - Maxine tells me that you have a friend in surgery. Gabi - He's not just a friend. He's much more than that. Dr - Dr. Jonas is the surgeon so he's in very good hands. Gabi - My brother, he's ... Dr - Sorry, what? Gabi - My brother. He's here too. Hernandez. Dr - Are you Rafe Hernandez's sister? Gabi - Is he okay? Is he doing better? Dr - As of this morning there's no change but I can get you an update. Gabi - Thank you. I really need to see my baby. I need to know if she is alright.

Hope - So yes, Nick knew the attacker from prison and apparently he came to Salem to go after Nick. Nick was the target. Rafe ... that was a mistake. Sami - A mistake that put Rafe in a coma. Now my son is in surgery. Hope - Sami, I'm so sorry. EJ - I wonder how long it's going to be before we get some news from the operating room. Hope - I think you should know Nick was tied up and Will wouldn't leave him even after Gabi got out. That's who your son is. Hope turns to Justin. And your son delivered Gabi's baby. Justin - My son delivered ... Hope - Yeah. He's a hero. Justin - That I already knew. EJ - Why don't we go and pay a visit to your granddaughter. Kate - Why don't we all go meet her together. They leave. Justin looks over at Sonny.

Gabi is holding her baby. My sweet girl Arianna. I was so anxious to see you again. Maxine - That is one beautiful baby. Gabi - She looks so beautiful when she's sleeping, doesn't she? Maxine - That's because she's so comfortable in her mama's arms. Gabi - It felt like a dream but she's here with me in my arms. There's a knock on the door. The crew comes in. Gabi smiles. She's perfect. Come look. Kate beams. Sami cries. Oh Gabi. My precious girl. Hi sweetie, you sweet little angel. Kate - Baby Arianna is finally here. Thank God. Gabi - The doctor says she is fine. 7 lbs, 20 ins. Lucas - Gabi, you did a great job. Gabi - Sonny ... if he hadn't been there ... Lucas - We heard. Sami smiles - Arianna Grace. She is the most beautiful baby.

Nick continues sitting there looking like he's in a state of shock. Hope finishes a call and goes to EJ. I guess I was wrong this time. EJ - Wrong, for what? Oh, right, of course. Accusing me of the attempted murder of my fiancee's ex-husband. Don't worry about it. It's fine. It's not a surprise you see. Everytime something happens you point a finger at me or my father. That's what passes for police work in this town. Hope - That's a bit unfair, don't you think? EJ - The only thing I'm thinking about is the man through there (he points at a window) who's fighting for his life. A man who for the last few months has had his life made a living hell by your cousin. I just hope William makes a full recovery and gets some time to spend with his daughter, soon!

Justin - Mom's on a plane. She'll be home later tonight. Sonny - I just left him and that lunatic shot him. Justin - Sonny, if you hadn't left him what would have become of Gabi and the baby? Will's baby. You were there Sonny to deliver that little girl. Sonny - It's hard to believe, isn't it? Justin laughs - Yeah, a little. How did you know what to do? Sonny - I didn't know what to do. It kind of all happened. Gabi did all the work. I was just there to help. I was freakin' out. I was scared. When that baby was born and I got to hold her in my arms ... it's a tiny little brand new person. My heart was like pounding so fast. I looked at her in the face and I saw Will. I saw him. Justin hugs him. He's going to be alright. Sonny - Yeah, he'll be alright.

Dan - More suction. NOW! Damn it.

Gabi hands the baby over to Sami. They all gush over the baby. Sami - You are so loved, you know that.

Nick stares off into space, Sonny prays. Dan works on Will.

Segment 6: Justin sits next to Sonny. Sonny - How do people do it Dad? You hear about these horrible tragedies everyday and it makes you sick and heartbroken. Until it happens to you, when you actually think you could lose someone ... he struggles to hold back the tears. Justin - Hey Sonny. You're not going to lose him. Sonny - It's just funny when there's someone that you love and they're okay ... you're just trying to get through an ordinary day ... like relatively normal ... to see their flaws, the little things you let get under your skin ... it doesn't happen often but those little things compared to the kindness and the laughs ... you know, everything that we share together. Justin - Yeah. Will's an extraordinary guy and I know what you're feeling for him right now that it would be unbearable to lose him. I know that he feels the same way about you and that's what's going to give him the will to live and make him fight like hell to come back to you. Sonny - Thanks Dad.

Dan finishes the surgery and pulls down his mask.

Vargas walks up to Hope. Is it true? Hope - Word travels fast. Vargas - Jensen really is dead. Hope - If I'd gotten there a minute later this all would have been very different. Vargas - So it all worked out you see. You don't have to blame yourself. Hope - Let's drop it. Vargas - Okay. He looks over at Nick. So what about him? Hope - See for yourself. Vargas goes and sits next to Nick. Hey Nick, I hope you know this doesn't change anything between us. You still keep your mouth shut. Look at me when I talk to you Nick. Nick turns his head. Vargas looks slightly taken aback. Maxine comes up to Sonny. Dan goes into Gabi's room. Marlena is now there. Dan - Will's okay. Sami - OMG. Dan - We got the bullet out, the bleeding stopped and his vitals are good. Lucas - Thank God. Gabi - Is he awake? Dan - No, he probably won't be until tomorrow morning but we are expecting a full recovery. Gabi - Did you hear that Arianna? Your Daddy's okay. You're going to get to meet him very soon. Sami - So can we go and see him. Dan - Yes but can I have you in my office for just a little bit. I want to go over things with you. Sami and Lucas go with him. Gabi calls the nurse over. Can you help me find my husband?

Nick stands up when he hears Sonny say - OMG. Will's okay. He's okay! Maxine, where is he? I have to be with him. Maxine - I'm sorry, I can't let non-family members in ... you know, that is one stupid rule. He's in recovery ... go! Justin - Maxine, thanks for that. Maxine looks over his shoulder and sees EJ - Yeah ... well ... are you going to report me to the board? EJ - Absolutely. I'm going to recommend they give you a raise. Vargas goes to Nick - Hell of a break, right? Nick - Yeah, it's great news. Vargas - Listen, Jensen's gone now. He's not going to be able to touch you anymore. And what he did to you before ... well, that's in the past. You should just leave it there. It doesn't make you any less of a man. Okay then, we'll talk. Nick walks away. Vargas goes to Hope - You must be relieved. Hope sighs. Will's going to be okay. It's great news. Vargas - You still seem pretty sad though. Hope - It's hard to jump for joy since none of this would have happened if I ... Vargas - Hey, enough with the guilt. You're a good lady and you did everything you could so no more beating yourself up, okay.

Sonny goes into Will's room and sits at his bedside. I'm here.

Segment 7: Hope is on her phone smiling - Yes. Will's going to be fine. He's going to make a full recovery Roman. Justin leaves a message for Adrienne. Call me when you land. Our son's a hero. It's all good. EJ is on his cell. Make sure the fax is sent to the Hong Kong office okay. Maxine tells EJ that Will is in recovery room 24 if he wants to go and find his fiancee. EJ - I appreciate that Maxine but Samantha is in there with William's father so it's probably best that I step back. Maxine - That's decent of you. EJ glances over at Justin and then talks to himself. Decency is fleeting.

Marlena is holding Arianna now. Kate - She is just perfect. Arianna, it's so wonderful to meet you. I'm your great grand... she chokes over the word and she and Marlena start laughing. Oh heck, you can call me Kate. Marlena - You can call me anything you like. Kate - She's so beautiful. Gabi do you mind if I take a picture to send to Billie? Gabi - Go ahead. Kate - Ever since I texted her that Arianna had arrived she's been begging me to send her pictures of her grand-niece. Kate uses her cell to take pictures. Marlena asks if she'd mind sending those to her too. Kate - I'm going to send them to everyone in my address book! The nurse returns. Gabi - Did you find my husband? Nurse - Sorry, I looked everywhere. I can't find him.

Nick walks through the gate of the park. He leans against the pillar and slides down.

Marlena hands the baby back to Gabi. Gabi tells the baby Nick is going to be here really soon. When he sees you his heart is just going to melt.

Sonny - I should have stayed with you. Why did I have to listen to you? Sami and Lucas come in as Sonny is saying - From now on we are together no matter what, okay.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Sweet and Salty
May 23 2013, 08:22 AM
Partnersincrime
May 23 2013, 06:17 AM
blake and freddie had the best Performance on today show

Maxine it tptp way to pimp the favorites if was not sure than i sure now than daniel rafe and ej are most Favorites by tptp in the way Maxine

now daniel save will does it mean lucas stop hating daniel or tried to make lucas lokk worse hating the guy that save his son life both options sucks
why not kayla was not that night dammit

and you know there something wrong when lucas and sami almsot bond of rafe in the hospital than their own son nearly died

Very very good questions/thoughts!! Lucas is in a pickle! (tough situation)!

I have to add CM (Will) to the "best performance" category.

You are right about Lucas and Sami bonding over Rafe rather than their son. Excellent observations!!
I think the bonding will take place in today's episode.....but I do agree that they are making it way obvious that Sami is the parent that can react....and obviously Ej comes in at the right time to hold her back from attacking Nick but is somehow pictured in a prominent role with the mother of Lucas' son....I'm at a point that I don't give a fuck anymore what they do because I know that under this regime, Lucas will never get an opportunity to shine in a storyline...

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

mer4santo
May 22 2013, 11:47 PM
I didn't find today's show to be a good follow up to yesterday's show; tons of drama yesterday followed up by everything being ok today. Lame. Despite the strong episode here and there I find the overall story telling quite lackluster with nothing to look forward to.
I frankly don't understand why they didn't prolong the Will being shot story until late next week at least....they have Dan coming out and saying "Will is fine"....really? Why couldn't he come out and say...."Will's injuries were grave, we managed to remove the bullet but he had a lot of internal bleeding and we don't know when he might wake up, he's still in very grave shape" Then had a couple of close calls...but I guess since they gave that to Rafe just last week, having two weeks of that isn't something Days would do...I would have preferred to have Will in Rafe's situation....but not with the extended all summer long coma....

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

mer4santo
May 22 2013, 11:47 PM
I didn't find today's show to be a good follow up to yesterday's show; tons of drama yesterday followed up by everything being ok today. Lame. Despite the strong episode here and there I find the overall story telling quite lackluster with nothing to look forward to.
They even completely skipped over a golden oppertunity for Sonny to reflect on a serious real-life problem that directly affects the gay community daily, When Maxine told Sonny he couldn't go in.

Freddie should have been given the chance to act out Sonny's devastation of facing a future of this:

Quote:

Although her partner had documentation of her relationship and a power of attorney, she claims hospital officials told her she wasnít a family member under Florida law. The woman spent hours talking with hospital personnel in an effort to visit her partnerís bedside. Although she eventually prevailed, her partnerís condition had already deteriorated and the woman died. Because of the problem, the children the patient had adopted and been raising with her partner werenít able to see her before she died.

Quote:

In both cases, the couples had prepared for a medical emergency, creating living wills, advanced directives and power-of-attorney documents.

Quote:

A Bakersfield, Calif., couple rushed their child to the emergency room with a 104 degree fever. The women were registered domestic partners, but the hospital only allowed the biological mother to stay with the child. Although hospitals typically allow both parents to stay with a child during treatment, in this case, the second parent was forced to stay in the waiting room.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/health/19well.html?_r=0

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/12/how-hospitals-treat-same-sex-couples/

After discussing this painful situation with his father, Sonny should have sneaked in to see Will(with Maxine noticeing and turning away)

I guess it was more importent for EJ to look like a saint by telling Maxine he was going to recommend a raise for her, learn about Will's shooting on camera as his mother called him instead of Will's father, and to act like an ass to Hope by giving a speech about Will fighting for his life to her.

Edited by TreasureCove, May 23 2013, 10:33 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, truthfully, they're just a couple & not married. Even if they were a straight couple who weren't married, the unmarried partner wouldn't automatically be allowed to go in.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Quote:

Freddie should have been given the chance to act out Sonny's devastation of facing a future of this
Edited by TreasureCove, May 23 2013, 10:35 AM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Quote:

Justin - And you don't think Stefano will see this coming at him like an arrow? EJ - No, he's distracted. When he's distracted, he slips up.

BULLSHIT

Stefano has been an itelligent, fierce villian, running rings around everyone for decades. It's EJ who gets distracted by his own zipper and slips up.

MissLola
Member Avatar

:mellow: . Oh good Lord.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

What?

samwel

TreasureCove
May 23 2013, 10:31 AM
After discussing this painful situation with his father, Sonny should have sneaked in to see Will(with Maxine noticeing and turning away)

I guess it was more importent for EJ to look like a saint by telling Maxine he was going to recommend a raise for her, learn about Will's shooting on camera as his mother called him instead of Will's father, and to act like an ass to Hope by giving a speech about Will fighting for his life to her.

so glad they skipped the gay PSA......and everything doesn't have to be about EJ lol

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 23 2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:

Justin - And you don't think Stefano will see this coming at him like an arrow? EJ - No, he's distracted. When he's distracted, he slips up.

BULLSHIT

Stefano has been an itelligent, fierce villian, running rings around everyone for decades. It's EJ who gets distracted by his own zipper and slips up.
I agree about the EJ/Justin vs Stefano s/l. I can't take it seriously because there's no way EJ would get away with it. I don't want to see him get away with it. He may take his father by surprise but no way do I buy that after decades of causing havoc all over Salem out smarting/playing everyone, it's his petulant child that takes him down. EJ has every right to be mad at his father but I am not interested in watching him take down Stefano "the Phoenix" Dimera. He wants nothing to do with his father, fine, go out and start your own empire Jr! And I am not even a Stefano fan. This just seems wrong to me considering the history of this show.
Edited by Laufeyson, May 23 2013, 11:44 AM.

Marlene

Just watched this epi on line. Rarely do I get to watch same day. If episodes were measured in tears shed, this one would be tops. I don't think I have cried during an entire episode since Alice's funeral. Actually, I'm certain I haven't.

True, I wish we could have seen Sami call Lucas and Marlena, rather than EJ, but at least they were included. Loved so many of the interactions. Marlena and Kate bonding was great. It proves that the birth of a baby temporarily puts aside all differences. I'll probably take heat for this, but Marlena or Sami should have been on the phone with Roman, but at least someone (Hope) was.

I have mixed feelings about Vargas in this episode. Yes it gave a brief moment between Vargas and Hope and he was there to remind Nick, that things haven't changed between them, but personally, I would be just as happy if those notes were played out Thursday rather than Wednesday.

As so many have said above, this is definitely the beginning of Nick's redemption story. Will will be a part of his daughter's life and so will Sonny. Nick definitely needs help.

Sami was a bit over the top in her reaction to Nick but thankfully, I've never been in her shoes, so I don't know how I'd react.

Finally, Sonny. Wow, just wow. If you ever doubted his feelings for Will, the doubts are all gone. He didn't say very much but his face (and eyes) spoke volumes for him.

I didn't mind Maxine allowing Sonny to see Will. Rather, I loved her line about it being a stupid rule. That was so much better than just telling him where to find Will. Soaps stretch reality so often, bending/breaking this rule was perfect.

Back to my tears. It's a good thing I have a door on my office.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 23 2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:

Freddie should have been given the chance to act out Sonny's devastation of facing a future of this
That's where it's needed to have characters interaction across storylines, like old times. Marlena finds Sonny in Will's hotel room and asks how he's doing. And then tells him that it could happen, but they're going to hope and pray that it won't. But that it's a possibility that it's natural to think about. And Sonny can freak out, because Marlena will be calm in a storm.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Yes, turning it into a preachy PSA instead of writing good dialogue for a young gay man dealing with a unique problem that his straight peers don't even have to think about would be a failuer that would fall squarely on the shoulders of the writers.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 23 2013, 04:14 PM
Yes, turning it into a preachy PSA instead of writing good dialogue for a young gay man dealing with a unique problem that his straight peers don't even have to think about would be a failuer that would fall squarely on the shoulders of the writers.
Straight people also have to consider losing someone or consider what happens to their life if the person they love more than anything is in a coma.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
May 23 2013, 04:18 PM
TreasureCove
May 23 2013, 04:14 PM
Straight people also have to consider losing someone or consider what happens to their life if the person they love more than anything is in a coma.
Married straight couples don't have to worry about being shut away from their partner because the hospital they are in doesn't recognize their union.

Gay couples, even ones with power of attorney and living wills face that possibility.

The "gay storyline" shouldn't end with Will's coming out, and their storylines now cut-and-pasted from the straight couples. Wilson should have some problems that the other couple's don't.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply