Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 22 2013, 06:36 AM (15,050 Views)
confusedbyitall
Member Avatar

Just watched it; a day later, and I have to say that I half expected the sheet covering the dead dude to move (like a hand moving under the sheet) when Nick left the room.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
May 23 2013, 07:35 AM
Supergirlx2
May 22 2013, 09:32 PM
Chad & Abigail_D
May 22 2013, 02:46 PM
Hope was made of so much win today! Shooting Jensen, kneeling beside Will and talking to him. Stepped between Sami & Nick. Told the story about how Will saved Nick, and Sonny delivered Arianna Grace. And last but not least, to see her beautiful smile- even though she talked to Fauxman on the phone filling him in. KA :wub:

I was thrilled to see Vargas turn up at the hospital and walk over to Hope. Loved his smile towards the end of their last scene...
Sean Douglas' smile kills me! it really does! :wub:
For a girl who like facial hair (neatly taken care of) I just need this guy to clean up! Maybe facial hair just isn't his look for me, or maybe it's the same stupid shirt....but he just needs to do something. Change something! At least his shirt!
I agree.Vargas always looks grimy to me.After seeing his smarmy convict interaction with Hope then threatening demeanor toward Nick my revulsion toward this character continues.I could never accept Hope bringing this guy into her life as a romantic partner especially with a young child in her home.As a parent,she should put the welfare of her child ahead of what she might personally want in a relationship when it comes to bringing a guy ino her life who has been in prison for ten years.Based on what I have seen of Vargas thus far,I would never want him as a romantic partner with any character male/female on the show that I actually like.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nightfan

Oh, just watched it. Cried. And cried. And cried.
NBC, this drama was like "Friends" drama. It should have been promoted with powerhouse pop music and the works. If you're going to keep renewing it every year, why not? The primetime shows that get canceled every year or even every 13 or so weeks, get better treatment. Arianna's birth, Will's surgery and the Vargas/Nick complications have been SO worthy of powerhouse promos. And to think, I didn't think Days could pull off real drama or could ever make me cry. These past two episodes have been phenomenal. Truly life affirming drama that touches your soul.

chinkybig

I know I am comparing apples to oranges to pears on this, but while Gabi's labour scenes with Sonny were entertaining, they were nowhere near the caliber of Jack and Jennifer (Abby's birth) or John and Marlena (Belle's birth). It just was lacking in some way, can't put a finger on it. It was entertaining, but it lacked the proper intensity given their situation. Also, I found the emotion from Gabi's part to be quite lacking. For a very good actress, it does not matter whether you are a mother (or not), have given birth (or not) to be able to give a credible performance. Hell, Gabi was giving birth and she did not even look a bit disheveled at all. :D

Jack and Jennifer's scenes when Abby was born were very entertaining and very, well, Jack and Jennifer. John and Marlena's + Kristen's scenes when Belle was born was very intense and emotional. I remember DHer / Marlena looked like hell (like a real woman giving birth), the emotions were so palpable, and I was cringing almost the whole time I was watching the process as it felt real (made me real scared about experiencing childbirth myself, that intense).

The baby (Arianna Grace) is super adorable, though. :D

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Since returning to Days in the last year, I haven't enjoyed a storyline like this in a long time. I loved it so much I texted someone I know who watches Days to see if she had watched the storyline. (Mon-Wed). She's out of town so I told her to jump on NBC.com and watch the episodes instead of waiting until she got back.

Everyone has brought their A game to this. Blake, Freddy, and Chandler stood out for sure but I was even impressed with Camila (when you compare it to her acting last summer during the gas leak). Days has gotten lucky with having a strong core for their younger set and then writing a great story for them. Then you add in the veterans showing up at the hospital and it was riveting. Sami's reaction to Nick was OTT but I understood it in that moment. Hope's guilt was sad and interesting to have Vargas be the one to appease that. Justin showing unmasked pride over his son's actions was sweet. And of course Nick sitting in the corner trying to deal with all that has happened to them today was heart breaking and that is so hard to sell given what a jerk he's been for so long. Even Jenson was so awesomely creepy I have to hand it to Days casting for that.

The only thing that stood out was the MP3 player debacle, which I guess I could say I rolled my eyes because of my hatred for Dan, but to be fair it could have been my favorite veterans going through the scene. Compared to what they were setting up with the fantastic four, it just seemed trivial.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

chinkybig
May 24 2013, 01:06 AM
I know I am comparing apples to oranges to pears on this, but while Gabi's labour scenes with Sonny were entertaining, they were nowhere near the caliber of Jack and Jennifer (Abby's birth) or John and Marlena (Belle's birth). It just was lacking in some way, can't put a finger on it. It was entertaining, but it lacked the proper intensity given their situation. Also, I found the emotion from Gabi's part to be quite lacking. For a very good actress, it does not matter whether you are a mother (or not), have given birth (or not) to be able to give a credible performance. Hell, Gabi was giving birth and she did not even look a bit disheveled at all. :D

Jack and Jennifer's scenes when Abby was born were very entertaining and very, well, Jack and Jennifer. John and Marlena's + Kristen's scenes when Belle was born was very intense and emotional. I remember DHer / Marlena looked like hell (like a real woman giving birth), the emotions were so palpable, and I was cringing almost the whole time I was watching the process as it felt real (made me real scared about experiencing childbirth myself, that intense).

The baby (Arianna Grace) is super adorable, though. :D
Belle's birth was BEAUTIFUL. And I loved that Marlena looked like hell. Both Deidre and Drake were AMAZING in those episodes. And Deidre especially, considering she's never given birth, I thought it was as realistic as soap births can get.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 23 2013, 04:29 PM
The Room Stops
May 23 2013, 04:18 PM
TreasureCove
May 23 2013, 04:14 PM
Yes, turning it into a preachy PSA instead of writing good dialogue for a young gay man dealing with a unique problem that his straight peers don't even have to think about would be a failuer that would fall squarely on the shoulders of the writers.
Straight people also have to consider losing someone or consider what happens to their life if the person they love more than anything is in a coma.
Married straight couples don't have to worry about being shut away from their partner because the hospital they are in doesn't recognize their union.

Gay couples, even ones with power of attorney and living wills face that possibility.

The "gay storyline" shouldn't end with Will's coming out, and their storylines now cut-and-pasted from the straight couples. Wilson should have some problems that the other couple's don't.
Why does everything have to be about gay or straight? Loving someone includes the fear of losing them. Yes, being gay and in a relationship does still come with problems others don't have, sadly. But IMO, this should be about love being love, and fearing losing someone.

The only way the stigma will ever go away, is if we stop accepting that things are different. Love is love, and fear comes with that.

If they were married, sure, that could be a nice aspect of the story. But they're not. So either way, he wouldn't have automatic access.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply