Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, May 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 24 2013, 06:07 AM (15,104 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

*sniff* Oh how I loved my J&J and their family.....this show disappoints so much

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I LOVE that picture! :wub:

MissLola
Member Avatar

I like KM. But I loved Ashley Bensen. Why can't Abby be more involved in stories instead of Gabbi. She has a much longer, relevent history with the show and is a better actress. KM has a good screen presence while CB is a bit blah at times.

spartan
Member Avatar

lysie
May 24 2013, 06:07 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
*sigh*

elci525
Member Avatar

awwwww......sniffle

See, I hate Jenn's hair even here.

chinkybig

I think I need to watch this show with an empty stomach lest I vomit all over my telly watching John and Kristen consummate their debauchery. :x

LuLu2102

MissLola
May 24 2013, 06:31 AM
I like KM. But I loved Ashley Bensen. Why can't Abby be more involved in stories instead of Gabbi. She has a much longer, relevent history with the show and is a better actress. KM has a good screen presence while CB is a bit blah at times.
I agree. I suspect it's because these writers want to showcase the characters they created, rather the ones that have legitimate, longstanding ties to the history of the show.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

chinkybig
May 24 2013, 10:21 AM
I think I need to watch this show with an empty stomach lest I vomit all over my telly watching John and Kristen consummate their debauchery. :x
I'm really, really, really hoping that we just get the implied love scene rather than graphic detail. :unsure:

Less is more, DAYS! Less is more!

Unless, of course, we're featuring a nearly nekkid EJ. :$

MissLola
Member Avatar

If John and Kristen seriously go through with I will be very disappointed. I will never look at John the same way again and I will hope that poor Marlena is able to pick up the pieces and move on ( NOT with Rotox :x ).
John's actions make zero sense. Why couldn't have Jarlena teamed up with Victor and come up with something better.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

I truly feel sorry for Drake today if there is a love scene with Eileen. He is so close to his character that this act must cause him personal pain (as sad and dramatic as this sounds.)

That said, I am ready for the John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady fireworks if this goes down. I am greatly looking forward to John winning Marlena back (if the writer can convincingly pull that one off.)

Sweet and Salty

LuLu2102
May 24 2013, 10:29 AM
MissLola
May 24 2013, 06:31 AM
I agree. I suspect it's because these writers want to showcase the characters they created, rather the ones that have legitimate, longstanding ties to the history of the show.
But, but... :shrug: what's the point?!! The fans are who you write for I thought! Why do they sabotage the show for what THEY prefer?

gailwinters
Member Avatar

The PBP for today's show is cringe worthy. I don't know if I can actually watch.

Sweet and Salty

nickyj12345
May 24 2013, 11:08 AM
I truly feel sorry for Drake today if there is a love scene with Eileen. He is so close to his character that this act must cause him personal pain (as sad and dramatic as this sounds.)

That said, I am ready for the John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady fireworks if this goes down. I am greatly looking forward to John winning Marlena back (if the writer can convincingly pull that one off.)
I thought DHer and DHim were on the outs.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
May 24 2013, 11:41 AM
nickyj12345
May 24 2013, 11:08 AM

I thought DHer and DHim were on the outs.
I think that was 8 years ago.

LuLu2102

Sweet and Salty
May 24 2013, 11:37 AM
But, but... :shrug: what's the point?!! The fans are who you write for I thought! Why do they sabotage the show for what THEY prefer?
That's the million dollar question, isn't it? I wish I knew the answer. I really believe that there is no point in trying to attract new viewers. I think that soap viewers are a specific breed and that most of us started watching a long, long, time ago. I feel like there has to be many people who, like myself, used to love my soaps, Days in particular, and would like nothing more to love it again. I'm barely hanging on, watching select scenes here and there (rather than following whole storylines), but I'm sure there are many former viewers who would come back in a heartbeat if the show became recognizable again. These are the viewers that TPTB should be courting, not fickle new viewers who turn in for a few weeks or months and then move on.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

gailwinters
The PBP for today's show is cringe worthy. I don't know if I can actually watch.
Uh oh. I'm guessing this is John-Kristen related, right? If so, all I can say is eeeewwwwwwww

gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 24 2013, 11:53 AM
gailwinters
Uh oh. I'm guessing this is John-Kristen related, right? If so, all I can say is eeeewwwwwwww
Yes, and it's ....I'm not sure disgusting covers it!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, if nothing else, today will be snark worthy. lol

Sweet and Salty

lysie
May 24 2013, 06:07 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
This picture really is .... Pissing me off. The days of our past.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply