Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, May 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 24 2013, 06:07 AM (15,395 Views)
TreasureCove
Member Avatar

EJamily
May 25 2013, 11:34 AM
am103
May 24 2013, 09:47 PM
And I'm just going to ask it because I see that nobody else has: How long is John expecting to last in bed? I mean, what if Brady decides to stop at the Brady Pub or somewhere on the way to Kristen's hotel room? Is he really expecting to just keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny until Brady gets there?
Thank you for asking this. It's encouraging to see someone questioning the logistics of this scheme because I was finding it completely distracting. The only surprising outcome would be if the plan actually succeeded. It seems to hinge on perfectly precise timing. I was thinking, "What if Brady goes to bed early?" He does have a big day tomorrow.
Well, he wouldn't have to catch them in the actual act, it would be obvious what happened if he walked in 3 hours later and they were in the bed asleep.

Although, they don't know they each have the same plan, for Brady to catch them. Can you imagine the awkward conversation afterwards as they wait for Brady to show up, trying not to let the other know they're stalling for Brady?

"Sooo, uh, you hungry? Dammit kid, where are you!

"No. I just had pizza. But if you want something I can call room service" What the hell is taking Brady so long!

"No, I'm fine."

Loooong awkward pause.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING!! I mean...you don't have to go so soon, do you?"I knew I should have sent a car to pick Brady up

"I'm just going to the bathroom,"Did he lose the directions to the hotel or what?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

waterlilly
Member Avatar

You know if John does last more than 4 hours Kritter will have to call 911 and Dr. Tan has no wheels and the hospital is full! Not to mention having to be wheeled into the hospital gathering area with a pup tent for all to see ;)

nightfan

TreasureCove
May 25 2013, 12:11 PM
EJamily
May 25 2013, 11:34 AM
am103
May 24 2013, 09:47 PM
And I'm just going to ask it because I see that nobody else has: How long is John expecting to last in bed? I mean, what if Brady decides to stop at the Brady Pub or somewhere on the way to Kristen's hotel room? Is he really expecting to just keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny until Brady gets there?
Thank you for asking this. It's encouraging to see someone questioning the logistics of this scheme because I was finding it completely distracting. The only surprising outcome would be if the plan actually succeeded. It seems to hinge on perfectly precise timing. I was thinking, "What if Brady goes to bed early?" He does have a big day tomorrow.
Well, he wouldn't have to catch them in the actual act, it would be obvious what happened if he walked in 3 hours later and they were in the bed asleep.

Although, they don't know they each have the same plan, for Brady to catch them. Can you imagine the awkward conversation afterwards as they wait for Brady to show up, trying not to let the other know they're stalling for Brady?

"Sooo, uh, you hungry? Dammit kid, where are you!

"No. I just had pizza. But if you want something I can call room service" What the hell is taking Brady so long!

"No, I'm fine."

Loooong awkward pause.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING!! I mean...you don't have to go so soon, do you?"I knew I should have sent a car to pick Brady up

"I'm just going to the bathroom,"Did he lose the directions to the hotel or what?

:blulaugh: I LOVE this! Hope it plays out on screen this way.
Anyway, I don't see what all the controversy was about. The snogging wasn't THAT gross as some are making it out to be, and it was short. Blink and you missed it. I agree with juniorz. It was a riveting episode. The dialogue was lacking, as most said, but from a purely plot-driven standpoint, I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what will happen next. And the best thing? I'm not sure what I WANT to happen next: whether Kristen and Brady should live happily ever after or whether I want fireworks and for the Bradys, Blacks and DiMeras to be forever decimated. THAT'S drama!

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Erin_123
May 25 2013, 11:33 AM
mer4santo
May 24 2013, 09:33 PM
Matt
May 24 2013, 12:17 PM
Father Eric is working some dashingly swoonworthy hair today. EJ needs to take note.
Father Hawtness is bringing it today. Yumm
Oh yes.....but when doesn't Father hawtness bring it??? ;)
When he's talking about zoning, lol.

Yes GV was particularly hot yesterday but something about the Ericole dialogue makes me think it ain't happening with these two. I'd love to be proven wrong. And I know that with eric being a priest we are supposed to think she can't find any better but yes she can.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

juniorz1
May 24 2013, 02:33 PM
Mitchapalooza
May 24 2013, 02:25 PM
So did John actually fuck Kristen then?
Tune in Monday..... ;)
Tuesday. The show will not air on Monday due to Memorial Day.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Ellie
May 24 2013, 12:35 PM
This bad guy kid is a horrible actor.
I agree. Where did they find him. Hopefully he won't be on very long.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

blueskies
May 24 2013, 03:19 PM
Jen can't tell that JJ is drunk? Wonder if Dan could smell the alcohol on his breath.
Is JJ drunk or were they smoking pot? Or doing other drugs?

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

michr544125
May 25 2013, 08:28 AM
The Room Stops
May 25 2013, 08:23 AM
AFaithL
May 24 2013, 08:47 PM
It's not all Drake, because I love John and Marlena kissing. They have great chemistry.

But John and Kristen? CREEPY as hell. Like something straight out the Addams family. Just straight up nasty and disgusting. And not the kind of "nasty" that makes me want to rewatch, either, because I am titillated.

Or something.

Just fuckin' gross. Let's move on. Give John/Marlena a better, different storyline. And spin them away from Brady/Kristen's orbit.
It was gross before, and it'll be gross now. That's the thing about chemistry. It can't be manufactured, created, faked, whatever you wanna call it ;) If you don't have it, you don't have it.
I was laughing so much during their kissing scenes. It was so nasty that I couldn't help but laugh. I agree with the poster that said it was like watching a parody yesterday. And John's whole persona was so stoic. Just bad all the way around.

Yesterday compared to the prior three days was like watching a different show. Such a let down after the incredible stuff that aired the prior three days with Will/Sonny/Nick/Gabi.
I agree. Friday's episode was a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT compared to the awesome episodes of Monday through Thursday.

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

Loved the Marlena, Abe and Johnny scenes. I think John should have hired Johnny and Ciara to bring down Kristen.

Also, love Eric however does he have to wear the priest outfit in every scene? I am sure priests dress regularly on occasion.

The Kristen and John scenes were disturbing. Both actors looked uncomfortable and awkward. I feel bad for Drake Hogsten - they have completely destroyed the character of John and that reflects in the scene.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

When John died a few years ago it was a great but sad story and well written. Then they bring him back for Jawn and this schlock. They should have left him dead.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I just noticed that Kristen's new Salem Inn room is technically her same old one. I guess they forgot to change the room number when they redecorated, LOL.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Tammy
Member Avatar

I found it funny how they continually gave us shots of John's left hand to show us that he took his wedding ring off. :blink:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Tammy
May 25 2013, 08:01 PM
I found it funny how they continually gave us shots of John's left hand to show us that he took his wedding ring off. :blink:
Like it's not that bad he's making out with his son's fiance/ his own ex-girlfriend because he took off his ring? This show. :rolleyes:
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, May 25 2013, 08:38 PM.

Carly
Member Avatar

daysfan2
May 25 2013, 06:41 PM
Also, love Eric however does he have to wear the priest outfit in every scene? I am sure priests dress regularly on occasion.
I agree. It'd be nice to see Eric in casual clothes when he's hanging out with his family or running errands. He shouldn't be in his priest's uniform 24/7.

I'm actually wondering if Nicole will do some illegal stuff to help Eric get the building permits. Or maybe Nicole will ask Vargas to use his underworld contacts to get the building permits approved.

jwsel
Member Avatar

six
May 24 2013, 02:55 PM
juniorz1
May 24 2013, 02:47 PM
six
May 24 2013, 02:46 PM
It almost makes me miss the days of JER where people would go to an empty room and explain their motivations. Because, foolish as John's plan is, I could almost be sympathetic to him if he'd continually expressed the guilt and pain and fear about Brady and his addiction etc. that juniorz1 mentioned in his (her?) post.
His. The Marcy avatar and Don worship can be confusing, I know. :)
I'm actually not familiar with the lady in your avatar and thought there was a possibility that it was you. :)

Ellie
May 24 2013, 02:49 PM
six
May 24 2013, 02:46 PM
It almost makes me miss the days of JER where people would go to an empty room and explain their motivations. Because, foolish as John's plan is, I could almost be sympathetic to him if he'd continually expressed the guilt and pain and fear about Brady and his addiction etc. that juniorz1 mentioned in his (her?) post.
Agree, but it doesn't even have to be as "JER-ish" as JER was though... just give the guy a confidant! Marlena has Abe and Hope. What if Abe were to talk to John too? Then Abe could be involved in the plot more, as he'd be stuck in the middle.

Good point.
This is what drives me nuts about watching the show these days. Salem used to be a community where people had a network of family and friends. In the past, John would have had a buddy who would have called him out about his actions and he would have secretly confessed why he was doing what he is. Meanwhile, Marlena would be getting support from her friends, Kristen's motivations would be explained via her interactions with some underling or someone she was scheming with, and Brady would also have someone he could talk with to show what he expects from his future with Kristen so we can really see what is at stake if he suffers yet another loss.

I actually like juniorz1 explanation for what is happening, but it is a fanwank for what is happening. That could be the thinking of all the characters. Or it could just be a total cluster*&#@. We don't know. If the show remembered that Salem is a place where people have friends and family, we might know. John's buddy might have gotten pissed at him for what he's been doing to Marlena and forced him to say that he had to take such drastic actions to protect Brady. The buddy would have told John he's crazy, but John said its the only way he can protect his son and he's messed up so much in Brady's life that if it means sacrificing the woman he loves, he'll have to do that. Of course, the buddy would have asked why John doesn't just tell Marlena and get her to play along, but John could say that Kristen would figure it out and he can't take that risk. The buddy could even tell John he's being stupid and there has to be another way, but John could be stubborn and say it really has to be this way for Brady's sake. That would have made John's motivations understandable and he wouldn't seem like a total cretin.

As for Marlena, we would get to see her receiving support. And probably John's buddy would try to encourage her to have faith in John and believe that he will come to his senses. These comments would be cryptic, since only the audience would know that the buddy knew the truth about John's plan.

On the other side of the scheming, Kristen would have a henchman or co-schemer who she would have told her dastardly plan, but that person would have started questioning whether Kristen was developing feelings for Brady. Kristen could admit to some uncertainty. Or she could deny it, but her expressions would tell a different story. That would create the uncertainty about whether Kristen would proceed with her evil plan or if she would choose her one chance at redemption and possible happiness. And maybe Brady could be shown to have a developed relationship with Eric in which Brady can talk about his past, his losses, his struggle with addiction, his fears about the future, and what might happen if things with Kristen fall apart.

If the writers had used the cast to actually develop the story and explain the motivations, then this might make sense. But right now, it's just a WTF?

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Just watched the John and Kristen scenes.

I kind of enjoyed their cat-and-mouse games. When Drake (sorta) knows his motivation, he's pretty good.

I have always thought Drake's screenkissing style was kinda hot, but with Eileen Davidson, it just seemed like he did not want to be there.

And then when they went into the full tilt make out? Lord...

Posted Image

am103
Member Avatar

Seriously though, the Abe/Marlena scenes were so touching. The ONLY good thing about Friday's episode, besides Marlena once again correcting Johnny's grammar. Deidre Hall always rips up some good material, even when the writing isn't favorable.

Really hoping the show picks its stride back up on Tuesday. No more slumps like Friday!

AFaithL

I loved the Marlena/Johnny scenes.

I feel bad for Melissa Salmons. She drew the short straw with having to pen this....shit. And not even she could make it even remotely palatable.
Edited by AFaithL, May 26 2013, 07:13 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

am103
May 26 2013, 06:35 PM
Seriously though, the Abe/Marlena scenes were so touching. The ONLY good thing about Friday's episode, besides Marlena once again correcting Johnny's grammar. Deidre Hall always rips up some good material, even when the writing isn't favorable.

Really hoping the show picks its stride back up on Tuesday. No more slumps like Friday!
I love Marlena correcting Johnny. It's so grandmother-y and so sweet. Of course, it was her suggestion, so that explains why it was very Marlena-like.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

It seems they did to Melissa Salmons what they used to do to Carolyn Culliton all the time -- gave her the most pivotal, awkward, WTFery laden that simply HAD to work (no matter what) what and told her to make it work (no matter what). Before Salmons was on the writing staff, Carolyn's episodes always ended up being the absolute WORST because they always gave her to worst, most important to the WTFery story episodes out of the hopes that she could at LEAST make them half-way work. Clearly that mantle has passed on to Melissa. If it was this bad with her writing, can you imagine if David Cherrill had been penning it?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply