Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, May 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 24 2013, 06:07 AM (15,098 Views)
angie37
Member Avatar

Carly
May 25 2013, 08:42 PM
daysfan2
May 25 2013, 06:41 PM
Also, love Eric however does he have to wear the priest outfit in every scene? I am sure priests dress regularly on occasion.
I agree. It'd be nice to see Eric in casual clothes when he's hanging out with his family or running errands. He shouldn't be in his priest's uniform 24/7.

I'm actually wondering if Nicole will do some illegal stuff to help Eric get the building permits. Or maybe Nicole will ask Vargas to use his underworld contacts to get the building permits approved.
And I would like to add my wish to get both Eric and Nicole out of that office all the time. We get it-- he's a priest and she's the secretary, but there's only so much paper shuffling and water sipping this fan can take. :frustration:

Oh, and writers, put this storyline in second gear but it's going so slowly that it's stuck.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

angie37
May 27 2013, 08:25 AM
Carly
May 25 2013, 08:42 PM
daysfan2
May 25 2013, 06:41 PM
Also, love Eric however does he have to wear the priest outfit in every scene? I am sure priests dress regularly on occasion.
I agree. It'd be nice to see Eric in casual clothes when he's hanging out with his family or running errands. He shouldn't be in his priest's uniform 24/7.

I'm actually wondering if Nicole will do some illegal stuff to help Eric get the building permits. Or maybe Nicole will ask Vargas to use his underworld contacts to get the building permits approved.
And I would like to add my wish to get both Eric and Nicole out of that office all the time. We get it-- he's a priest and she's the secretary, but there's only so much paper shuffling and water sipping this fan can take. :frustration:

Oh, and writers, put this storyline in second gear but it's going so slowly that it's stuck.
This sl with Nicole and Eric is boring nothing happens! :sleep2: and it's like the same scenes over and over!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

What I will never understand is why writers have to take characters to a place that would make it hard for you to root for the character or the popular couple again. I love Jarlena and although I loved Izzy B and John together, even throughout that story I realized that a part of John could never get over Marlena and as the story progressed it was more and more evident. HE loved Isabella intensely but Marlena was the love of his life. They could have done this story so that they don't tarnish John in the process. To top it all off they are showing that Kristen does love Brady, so WTF, now not only are Jarlena ruined and John is in the crapper but any chance that Bristen just had was just thrown out the window. This story could have happened without what is happening now.... and it wouldn't have hurt anyone that much...he could have set his plan in motion and when he made it to the hotel to meet Kristen someone knocked him over the head....Kristen and the person would later proceed to place him in bed with Kristen....take pictures that could end up being forwarded to Marlena but in reality John would have never slept with Kristen, and he'd have to set out to prove his innocence to Marlena. The revelation of the person that assisted Kristen could be revealed later.....was it Stefano? Maybe Brady himself? Or just a goon...anything is better that this crap we are seeing now.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 27 2013, 09:05 AM
What I will never understand is why writers have to take characters to a place that would make it hard for you to root for the character or the popular couple again. I love Jarlena and although I loved Izzy B and John together, even throughout that story I realized that a part of John could never get over Marlena and as the story progressed it was more and more evident. HE loved Isabella intensely but Marlena was the love of his life. They could have done this story so that they don't tarnish John in the process. To top it all off they are showing that Kristen does love Brady, so WTF, now not only are Jarlena ruined and John is in the crapper but any chance that Bristen just had was just thrown out the window. This story could have happened without what is happening now.... and it wouldn't have hurt anyone that much...he could have set his plan in motion and when he made it to the hotel to meet Kristen someone knocked him over the head....Kristen and the person would later proceed to place him in bed with Kristen....take pictures that could end up being forwarded to Marlena but in reality John would have never slept with Kristen, and he'd have to set out to prove his innocence to Marlena. The revelation of the person that assisted Kristen could be revealed later.....was it Stefano? Maybe Brady himself? Or just a goon...anything is better that this crap we are seeing now.
Perhaps it is that the writers don't think that Marlena is the love of John's life? Or at least as current writing indicates that John do not give a shit about Marlena's feelings. Maybe they want to pair Marlena with someone else or do they want her alone in another sl later on?

lysie
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
May 27 2013, 10:43 AM
LuvingLumi
Perhaps it is that the writers don't think that Marlena is the love of John's life? Or at least as current writing indicates that John do not give a shit about Marlena's feelings. Maybe they want to pair Marlena with someone else or do they want her alone in another sl later on?
No, they just don't know how to write stories that don't revolve around love triangles and breaking up. J&M are too old for this mess.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

The Scorpion
LuvingLumi
Well I guess if the writers haven't watched the show in the lasts 25 years and have totally ignored the storylines in that time frame and haven't done their research then I guess that is a possibility....but let's face it...for anyone who's watched the show since the early 90s at least, they will have a very tough time selling that Marlena is not the love of John's life....sorry...not buying....Marlena is not Sami....who has been shown to jump from dick to dick to dick very easily and is now more of "love the one I'm with" than anyone else..... Marlena might have cheated on Roman, but it was always clear that from the moment of the affair on that Marlena was the love of John's life and vice versa. IMHO if they wanted to take Marlena into another story minus John then make the story something that wouldn't destroy both John and Jarlena. Like I said, there are ways of doing it that wouldn't tarnish either and they can still go on and make a long arc if they want to have Marlena and someone else. The fact that they might want to go with Marlena and someone else doesn't have to automatically turn John and Jarlena into shit.....
Edited by LuvingLumi, May 27 2013, 11:10 AM.

AFaithL

The Scorpion
Perhaps it is that the writers don't think that Marlena is the love of John's life?
That's like saying Alice is not the love of Tom's life. The audience will never, ever believe that Marlena is not the "love of John's life" or vice versa. You can't just erase decades of history like that. It's been too ingrained in people's minds.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Ericole are barely in park. The fact is that Ericole have no story---they have scenes. The writers need to put the same mojo into their storyline that they do in everyone else`s. And they`re barely on...what one day a week. Slowburn my patootey, Ericole are in no-drive. You can`t tell a story like that and the writers aren`t telling a real story, IMO. Ari/Greg are lucky they don`t have paper cuts with the number of papers they shuffle in their one day per week episode. And Greg`s surely meeting his 8 glasses of water per day quota with the amount he drinks on the set. And they`re out of that rectory next to NEVER. ITA agree about Eric`s attire. YES WRITERS, he`s a priest, we get it. But, letting that hunky gorgeous man go jogging or something, shoot---anything but his priestly garb. Heck, send Ericole on a mission trip...something...anything. Give us a nano-second of some real story juiciness. Please!
AZ/GV have great chemistry together. Now, I`m beginning to wonder when they`ll capitalize on it fully.

Sparrow

I think that somehow we're supposed to believe that Marlena and John are truly in love, but John is really so stupid that the only idea he can think up to save his equally stupid son is by making himself a martyr, breaking his own heart and betraying his marriage. I'm sure that somehow, some way, there could be a story there. Unfortunately this one is just so stupid that there is no way to feel anything but disgust for John. DH shares a fraction of the blame here. Surely he has been given shit to work with, but if he had tried to sell it even a little bit the audience could maybe at least feel pity for him. But really, nah. It just sucks and John is an ass.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I used to think that John was heroic and strong. I loved him and Marlena. I also love him with Isabella. Sadly I only see him as a total moron now. I am not sure if I will ever look at him the same way again. Thanks a lot assholes!!! :flipoff:

AFaithL

If it makes you feel any better, Drake told a fan in Indiana over the weekend that he HATES the writing for John, and he thinks he is OOC.

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
May 27 2013, 07:46 PM
If it makes you feel any better, Drake told a fan in Indiana over the weekend that he HATES the writing for John, and he thinks he is OOC.
i just wish he'd play the script; he's making a bad thing worse with his lack of performance, imho. Everyone said he still loved Marlena, but Drake sure wasn't playing it that way.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

AFaithL
While I wholeheartedly agree with Drake, I fear it's language like that will get Drake benched permanently from DOOL. Tomlin is known to carry a grudge, and he's already being written off temporarily. It's not that hard to have Stefano take John out offscreen.

annie21

blueskies
May 27 2013, 08:22 PM
AFaithL
i just wish he'd play the script; he's making a bad thing worse with his lack of performance, imho. Everyone said he still loved Marlena, but Drake sure wasn't playing it that way.
Wow, this sounds a lot like what people complained about during the Jack/Jennifer/Daniel debacle. I think we were supposed to see Jennifer have feelings for Jack all through the Fall, but MR didn't play it that way. After MA left the show (and the writers changed), he said that MR hated the writing of the triangle and she knew that it was OOC and that the fans wouldn't accept it.

Hmm. Again, it makes me think that the actors are being hamstrung by the writing and the direction.

angie37
Member Avatar

annie21
May 27 2013, 09:07 PM
blueskies
AFaithL
Wow, this sounds a lot like what people complained about during the Jack/Jennifer/Daniel debacle. I think we were supposed to see Jennifer have feelings for Jack all through the Fall, but MR didn't play it that way. After MA left the show (and the writers changed), he said that MR hated the writing of the triangle and she knew that it was OOC and that the fans wouldn't accept it.

Hmm. Again, it makes me think that the actors are being hamstrung by the writing and the direction.

That could be true about MR, but she sure didn't have problems emoting in scenes with SC's Daniel, IMO.

As for DH, he may not have understood John's motive with Kristen, but he does know that John has loved Doc for decades. He could have shown that if nothing else.

annie21

angie37
May 27 2013, 09:38 PM
annie21
blueskies
AFaithL

That could be true about MR, but she sure didn't have problems emoting in scenes with SC's Daniel, IMO.

As for DH, he may not have understood John's motive with Kristen, but he does know that John has loved Doc for decades. He could have shown that if nothing else.
Unless the director is telling him not to show it.

AFaithL

nickyj12345
May 27 2013, 08:47 PM
AFaithL
While I wholeheartedly agree with Drake, I fear it's language like that will get Drake benched permanently from DOOL. Tomlin is known to carry a grudge, and he's already being written off temporarily. It's not that hard to have Stefano take John out offscreen.
He wants new headwriters. And he wants John and Marlena together.
Edited by AFaithL, May 27 2013, 09:46 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

angie37
annie21
blueskies
AFaithL

those scenes after Jack's death were laughably bad. MR seriously acted like she had just misplaced her keys, not lost her husband. Actually if she had misplaced her keys I think her emotions would have been better suited to the situation than what ended up on screen.

jwsel
Member Avatar

angie37
annie21
blueskies
AFaithL

But if John shows that he loves Marlena, while he is treating her like dirt and trying to sleep with Kristen, doesn't that make John seem like an even bigger douche? With no real explanation for his motivations and why he feels this is course of conduct is his only recourse, I don't see how Drake playing it so it is clear that John loves Marlena while he is chasing Kristen would make John look better than if Drake just plays John like he is.

Plus, of course, we have no idea what acting directives Drake has received. He may have been told to be intentionally vague about John's true feelings so the writers can do whatever they want.

AFaithL

blueskies
May 27 2013, 09:54 PM
angie37
annie21
blueskies

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

those scenes after Jack's death were laughably bad. MR seriously acted like she had just misplaced her keys, not lost her husband. Actually if she had misplaced her keys I think her emotions would have been better suited to the situation than what ended up on screen.
The way she lit up in scenes with SC, while downplaying her scenes with MA, shows me Missy preferred to be paired with Shawn. She mentally checked out in scenes with Matt.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply