Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, May 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 24 2013, 06:07 AM (15,505 Views)
AFaithL

Ellie
May 24 2013, 12:12 PM
I like Eileen's "this is so twisted" line. Right.
She should have added "repulsive" "vomit-inducing" and "completely gross and disgusting" to the dialogue.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 24 2013, 12:06 PM
Matt
May 24 2013, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not finding the climax of a plot that makes not a DAMN bit of sense on either side engaging.
It just doesn't make sense to me at all. They both have the same idea but John's is to get Brady away from Kristen which is all part of Kristen's plot anyway. It's like circular plot development or something.
Exactly. They have the parallel mindset that they are both willing to sacrifice their own relationship in order to break up the other person's. Problem for John is that Kristen is actually okay (albeit reluctantly now) with giving up Brady and always has been, while John isn't okay with sacrificing his marriage. That makes him exceptionally stupid for not figuring out a different strategy to break up Bristen.

And on top of that, it's been a complete failure on the show's part not to show John's emotional turmoil around what he's doing to Marlena. Part of that is on Drake by not playing the right subtext more. But the show is also doing NOTHING to tell John's story. Kristen has had a million daydreams and internal conversations to show she doesn't like hurting Brady, and John has had basically zero. It's so obvious that the writers care nothing about Jarlena's relationship in telling what is clearly a Bristen story.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

elci525
May 24 2013, 12:17 PM
This Ericole scene is boring.......
It sure is. And they're talking about zoning and it's actually about zoning. Where is my sweet, sweet subtext, show?

elci525
Member Avatar

oh great - after a week of weather report interruptions, now my NBC network is like blacked out or frozen or something. Fabulous
Edited by elci525, May 24 2013, 12:23 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

"In my mind you were wearing those pearls. . . . . and nothing else" Ewwwwwww

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

six
May 24 2013, 12:22 PM
elci525
May 24 2013, 12:17 PM
This Ericole scene is boring.......
It sure is. And they're talking about zoning and it's actually about zoning. Where is my sweet, sweet subtext, show?
Maybe it's a plotpoint for the future? The new school building is put on hold so the DiMera's (Kristen) come to the rescue? That would explain a lot of those eric/kristen scenes that ED and GV have been shooting.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

This just has to be Cherrill. This script just isn't... good. At all. It's servicing the plot & that's just about it. There's NO life to it at all. It just kinda lays there.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This episode is getting up there with GH's "The Chew" fiasco last week. I guess Days wants to make it onto The Soup too.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I gotta keep telling myself that John is manipulating Kritter,otherwise I will go nuts.

Ellie

That necklace looks like it's from the dollar store.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Where did those stupid pearls come from,because I don't remember seeing them at all before.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

So John is discussing a pearl necklace with Kristen? That'll be something for Brady to walk in on...

blueskies
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
May 24 2013, 12:30 PM
Where did those stupid pearls come from,because I don't remember seeing them at all before.
They came from the faux secret room filled with all the faux wedding stuff.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Why does Drake Hogestyn deliver his lines like he has his oxygen tank stashed right off set & out of camera range?

Ellie

I do like Eileen's performance today. She's playing it like John is really getting to her.

Ellie

Matt
So John is discussing a pearl necklace with Kristen? That'll be something for Brady to walk in on...
LOL thank you, I was waiting for someone to say it!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ok. Seriously. I've been on a DAYS high lately, but this shit is AWFUL. NOTHING about any of this can be fanwanked into being any good.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Drake seems to be trying his best to sell these scenes. I only wish they made sense.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ellie
May 24 2013, 12:31 PM
Matt
LOL thank you, I was waiting for someone to say it!
You shoulda known it was going to be me. lol

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
May 24 2013, 12:32 PM
Ok. Seriously. I've been on a DAYS high lately, but this shit is AWFUL. NOTHING about any of this can be fanwanked into being any good.
Lol, you really know how to make me wanna watch later ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply