Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings week of May 13-17th 2013
Topic Started: May 24 2013, 07:32 AM (2,754 Views)
EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Link: http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/48034-latest-ratings-good-week-for-y-r-and-b-b/#entry1243391

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,429,000 (+90,000/+174,000)
2. B&B 3,410,000 (+155,000/+328,000)
3. GH 2,481,000 (-85,000/+142,000)
4. DAYS 2,422,000 (-21,000/+64,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.3/11 (+.1/same)
2. B&B 2.5/8 (+.1/+.1)
3. DAYS 1.9/6 (same/+.1)
3. GH 1.9/6 (same/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 797,000 (+10,000/-30,000)
2. B&B 692,000 (+30,000/+28,000)
3. DAYS 602,000 (+26,000/+90,000)
4. GH 577,000 (-61,000/-18,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.2/8 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (+.1/+.1)
3. DAYS 0.9/6 (same/+.1)
3. GH 0.9/6 (-.1/same)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 183,000 (-8,000/+1,000)
2. DAYS 179,000 (+19,000/+33,000)
3. GH 177,000 (-31,000/+18,000)
4. B&B 151,000 (+5,000/+13,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. DAYS 0.5 (same/+.1)
1. GH 0.5 (-.1/same)
1.Y&R 0.5 (-.1/same) < ties low
4. B&B 0.4 (same/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.5/3,412,000
Tuesday: 2.5/3,323,000
Wednesday: 2.6/3,496,000
Thursday: 2.4/3,434,000
Friday: 2.5/3,385,000

DAYS
Monday: 2.0/2,611,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,515,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,353,000
Thursday: 1.7/2,288,000
Friday: 1.8/2,288,000

GH
Monday: 2.1/2,803,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,459,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,525,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,329,000
Friday: 1.7/2,289,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.2/4,330,000
Tuesday: 3.3/4,378,000
Wednesday: 3.4/4,582,000
Thursday: 3.2/4,283,000
Friday: 3.3/4,507,000
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

samwel

WTH is going on with GH and look at the demos for DOOL, good.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

samwel
May 24 2013, 09:25 AM
Boring storylines is what's happening. Its been crap for the past few weeks :yawnz:

gailwinters
Member Avatar

For the first time in years, I FFed GH a couple of times and worked around the house while watching the other episodes. The Llanview 3's return is a giant fail for me, too.

Pretty nice demos for Days.

blueskies
Member Avatar

What happened M-T? I have Weds-Fri on my DVR still so I guess I preferred the lower rated days.

Demos are good though. I imagine Days is happy with that 17.5% increase in women 18-49 over last year.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 24 2013, 10:38 AM
What happened M-T? I have Weds-Fri on my DVR still so I guess I preferred the lower rated days.

Demos are good though. I imagine Days is happy with that 17.5% increase in women 18-49 over last year.
Yeah, I've got to think the increase in the key 18-49 demo has them excited. It's been clear from KC's statements in the past that's the rating they really care about.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Monday's episode of GH was awful and absolutely disgusting, it made me feel embarrassed that I was even a viewer. The return of all of the Llanview 3 have just made things worse with centering stories around them. The only upside so far is that Kiki's Mom is Maura West.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

GH lost it's footing with that embarrassing CHEW mess. But I'm enjoying a lot of the stories and of course Maura West as Ava. She is perfection. DAYS stepped up it's game and deserves the increases. I hope this is incentive for the show to keep the writing momentum going.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

So Days and GH are pretty much even in the ratings. GH has pretty much sucked lately, IMO, while Days has been way better thanks to the Will/Gabi/Nick/Sonny story. I wouldn't be surprised if GH continues to drop, but the ratings usually do the opposite of what I think they will!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
May 24 2013, 12:49 PM
So Days and GH are pretty much even in the ratings. GH has pretty much sucked lately, IMO, while Days has been way better thanks to the Will/Gabi/Nick/Sonny story. I wouldn't be surprised if GH continues to drop, but the ratings usually do the opposite of what I think they will!
They are pretty much even, but Days is moving up in the key demo while GH is moving down. That makes sense since Days has improving over the last month while GH has obviously been deteriorating during that time. Or it could just all be a coincidence and completely random like the ratings often seem to be, LOL.

natdot99
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
May 24 2013, 09:33 AM
samwel
May 24 2013, 09:25 AM
Boring storylines is what's happening. Its been crap for the past few weeks :yawnz:

gailwinters
May 24 2013, 09:39 AM
For the first time in years, I FFed GH a couple of times and worked around the house while watching the other episodes. The Llanview 3's return is a giant fail for me, too.

Pretty nice demos for Days.

I have fell asleep on a few episodes of GH. KA character, Kiki is annoying as :soapbox:
TJ/M/R, not interested in Twilight 2.0
Felix/Patrick/Sabrina, turning the channel material/
Still taking too long to reveal RH character, :shrug:
LIz, needs to hit a tanning booth
Edited by natdot99, May 24 2013, 01:46 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

GH's epis with the Chew were horrible...and I know if I was forced to write cross promotion for the show that took away the show I wrote for then I'd make the Chew look horrible too...but let's face it...no one wanted to see that shit....

But with today's Days episode, I will predict that in a matter of a month we'll be discussing just how awful Days is....Days can't write outside of sweeps to save their life.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

What is this "Chew" episode GH did?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 24 2013, 02:35 PM
Tracy and AJ had competing relishes (long back story) that they wanted to market. Someone at ABC came up with the "brilliant " cross promotional idea of having the warring Q's appear on THE CHEW to do a "taste off " and show whose relish recipe was better. After the show hosts sampled the condiments they began narcing all over the place. I guess in GH land the lame food talk show is live so everyone watching saw this debacle and it made the news. It turned out that a mystery man tainted the samples to sabotage both relish enterprises. Aren't you glad you asked? :/

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

They failed incorporating the chew on general hospital. I did not want to see the hosts getting sick everywhere. I would have been alright with the implication. They took it too far.

Good for Days.

Dee-anne

LuvingLumi
May 24 2013, 02:18 PM
GH's epis with the Chew were horrible...and I know if I was forced to write cross promotion for the show that took away the show I wrote for then I'd make the Chew look horrible too...but let's face it...no one wanted to see that shit....

But with today's Days episode, I will predict that in a matter of a month we'll be discussing just how awful Days is....Days can't write outside of sweeps to save their life.
I agree. The episode with the chew was horrible.
I miss the old Lulu.
The new Morgan is annoying.
Liz was never a favourite of mine, and having two men chasing her doesn't interest me all that much.
Kiki or the actress that play's her is not very good. I think she was much better when she was much younger. I would not have minded if they did not bring her back to GH but, I guess she is popular why they felt the need. I was always bored with her scenes.
I miss Jason. Sam and Jason were one of my fav. pairings on GH. Loved Dante and Lulu but, can't get use to the new actress. I guess I should give her more time.
My favourite of the 3 from OLTL was RH. I wanted him to come back. Did not care much about the other 2. I don't think John or whatever he is called now, has much chemistry with Sam. Not the kind that she had with Jason, but it is obvious the writers are going to put them together.
I don't like Patrick with Sabrina. I liked him better with Robin. I Actually prefer his scenes with Brit more than his scenes with Sabrina. I would have rooted for Britt and Patrick if they were not making Brit to be evil.

The above are the reasons why I currently find GH boring, but it is still watchable. The writers of GH are better story tellers than the Days writers and I never complain about them turning the characters into total idiots or them taking away what principles the character have or had in order to sell their story.

Even though all my favourite pairings on GH has all broken up, or gone from the show, I am still enjoying Tracey, Carly most times, Sonny, Kate/Connie when she is on Dante's mum. SPinellie and his new girl is growing on me. I really prefer her to Maxie, simply because of the way Maxie use to treat him. I also hope I am going to continue to like RH character. I am also hoping that Luke gets back together with Tracy. I enjoyed the way Tracy told him off the other day. He deserved every bit of it.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Mitchapalooza
This. You can skip the non Chew related stuff and get the idea.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
May 24 2013, 05:47 PM
Mitchapalooza
This. You can skip the non Chew related stuff and get the idea.

I wish you had posted this earlier. LOL. I could have saved a lot of typing and my autocorrect turning "barfinbarfing " into "narcing ".

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

I didn't get to actually look for it on YT until not long before I posted it. It was kind of hard to find too.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I hope DAYS goes up in the ratings because its been the best soap this past May.

I am worried for GH though because I don't trust ABC at all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply