Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH AMC and OLTL!
Topic Started: May 24 2013, 11:36 AM (1,191 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

In a statement released a short time ago, Agnes Nixon, creator of both “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” and a consultant at Prospect Park, has announced new head writers for both soaps. Lisa Connor and Chip Hayes have been named new co-head writers of “All My Children” and Jessica Klein and Marin Gazzaniga have been named the new co-head writers of “One Life to Live.”

Quote:

It is now my pleasure to announce that the future stories involving the lives of All My Children’s beloved characters are from now on in the capable hands of the co-head writers Lisa Connor and Chip Hayes, both of whom have a long and stellar history with our program.

Lisa Connor collaborated with me on the final draft of the All My Children Twenty – Fifth Anniversary Family Album. For two years she also served as a line producer of the program and was creatively involved in plotting and writing daily episodes since 2002.

In addition to his six years as a producer on Melrose Place, Chip Hayes in 2003, became a vital member of those devising the ongoing drama of All My Children. He remains in this crucial work through its incarnation on the internet.

I agree with Prospect Park’s decision to replace the head writing team for All My Children. However, I particularly want to thank Marlene McPherson and Elizabeth Snyder for their incredibly positive dedication to the show and their constant helpful attitude during many long hours of intense work. It is greatly appreciated.

- Agnes Nixon

“We are excited for the opportunity to put the lives of our characters in the capable hands of the new writing staff,” said Prospect Park in a statement. “We appreciate their commitment to great storytelling that will build upon an already solid foundation for the residents of Llanview and Pine Valley.”

Changes to the writing staff include the appointment of Lisa Connors, currently the script editor of “All My Children,” and Chip Hayes, currently script writer of “All My Children,” to Co-Head Writers. Additionally, Jessica Klein and Marin Gazzaniga have been promoted to Co-Head Writers of “One Life To Live.” Jason Seidel will also join the writing staff of “One Life To Live.” Connor and Hayes replace the departing co-head writers Marlene McPherson at “AMC” and Elizabeth Snyder. Klein and Gazzaniga replace the already departed Susie Bedsow Horgan and Thom Racina as co-head writers at “OLTL.”

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/05/breaking-news-lisa-connor-and-chip-hayes-new-head-writers-of-all-my-children-duo-replaces-marlene-mcpherson-and-elizabeth-snyder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

For all I know, these new writers may be an improvement, but I don't understand how PP can expect these shows to get off the ground and catch on when there's so little stability this soon after launching them.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

It's obvious that PP has no idea what they're doing. And poor Agnes Nixon. That statement was a lot of double talk. I'm not even sorry about not being able to access these shows. So much for a "new model ". This is classic TV network blundering.

OliveAnn

Cutting down the number of episodes, losing a TV deal, naming new HWs out of nowhere... It feels like the beginning of the end.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

What have these OLTL writers even done?

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

:facepalm: :shame:

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

While I loved the writing regime at All My Children, I am all for the changes being made if it means the better of the series. I'm for it right now!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Send the old ones to DAY's,they need all the new writers they can get.
Edited by Snowing Fan, May 24 2013, 04:24 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

BalscoFan5
May 24 2013, 04:24 PM
Send the old ones to DAY's,they need all the new writers they can get.
Even Marlene? :lol:

Tammy
Member Avatar

Sadly, I have a feeling these shows will be over by the end of the year!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Tammy
May 24 2013, 04:47 PM
Sadly, I have a feeling these shows will be over by the end of the year!
Me too.

Which is one reason why I'm not panicked to be up-to-speed on the shows. I think I have 16 episodes of both in my HuluPLUS que and heck, if they are axed at the end of 2013, I can probably stretch them out until 2016 or so by watching one each week.

I'm not nearly as addicted to soaps as I was in the late 1980's/early 1990's, when they were at the top of their game.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
May 24 2013, 02:21 PM
It's obvious that PP has no idea what they're doing. And poor Agnes Nixon. That statement was a lot of double talk. I'm not even sorry about not being able to access these shows. So much for a "new model ". This is classic TV network blundering.
They don't and Jill Larson said as much in her paos revolution interview

http://paosrevolution.com/index.php/blog/72-jill-larson-a-rob-wilson-share-their-thoughts-on-amc

Jill- We have an agreement to go through one cycle which was originally through October but has ow been extended to November. There will be 52 weeks of shows instead of 42 so no downtime as was planned before. This is a huge experiment. They're making it up as they go along but in the best way. We know that it's hard for everyone not to go to "cancellation" thoughts initially but please know that Prospect Park believes in the shows. They hope this is the beginning of the next 40 years. They are exploring and discovering things to make this a reality. Try not to be scared.

Mason
Member Avatar

Didn't they "believe in" the shows two years ago when they first picked them up and then promptly failed to deliver?

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Mason
May 24 2013, 05:34 PM
Didn't they "believe in" the shows two years ago when they first picked them up and then promptly failed to deliver?
and then blamed Susan Lucci for the shows not happening ;)

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

I don't think either show is going for cancellation.
I just think they're discovering their rights and wrongs for rushing to make the series work and premiere.
Hopefully the new writing teams work out.
I'm just hoping that the new writing teams are embraced warmly.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

dragonflies
May 24 2013, 06:47 PM
Mason
Wasn't it the unions they blamed?

nightfan

I'm confused. The writing seems just fine to me. Way too many incidents of the word "shit" being uttered by most characters on both shows, but I'm satisfied with the writing. It's not clear why this was necessary.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Mason

Drew
May 24 2013, 08:55 PM
dragonflies
May 24 2013, 06:47 PM
Mason
Wasn't it the unions they blamed?

PP does not have any idea how daytime dramas function. They had two years to smooth out any issues with both shows, actors, directors,producers, and other key professionals.
I all for new writers if they can clean up some continuity issues.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I think of the two shows, OLTL needs new writers. Only because there seems to be no real direction to any of the stories IMO. I do believe though that they have written the vets in character, I will give them that! ;)

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

The writers at All My Children were doing an okay job, the writer at One Life was just stalling. I mean nothing was really moving, except Todd and Victor, then out of nowhere WTF is this?!?

If change means improvement, then I'm all for it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply