Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Camryn Grimes Returning to Y&R
Topic Started: May 24 2013, 07:30 PM (2,607 Views)
livelikemusic
Member Avatar

EXCLUSIVE! Camryn Grimes Back To Y&R!

Camryn Grimes (ex-Cassie) is back in Genoa City today taping scenes and her first show will air on Monday, July 8. Specifics are being kept under wraps but it is more than just a one-day visit. Grimes originated the role of Nick and Sharon's daughter in 1997 and played the part until the character's shocking death in 2005, the effects of which are still felt in storyline today. The actress has made several guest appearances since then, and was most recently spotted on the big screen as the "Birthday Girl" in Magic Mike.

Soap Opera Digest
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I hope she's back for good! Cassie should have never been murdered off, just a stupid way to bring Nick to his mistress whore Phyllis.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

As much as I would love for them to permanently bring Cassie back, it wouldn't make sense to the story.
I'm happy with a recurring guest spot to reconnect for a little bit with her family.
And knock some sense back into her father!

Drew
Member Avatar

I'm surprised JFP would remember her. An unknown twin of Cassie to reconnect Nick and Sharon would be nice.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Shick
May 24 2013, 07:31 PM
I hope she's back for good! Cassie should have never been murdered off, just a stupid way to bring Nick to his mistress whore Phyllis.
I don't see how they bring Cassie back for good? I would love to though...

Thank you for posting!

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Great news. :) Thanks for posting.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

Yay, I loved Cassie. Maybe the twin idea someone said here would work. Farfetched, but I've seen stranger stuff happen. I think this points to a Shick reunion in the future. I'm glad for now Shick are really good friends and that Sharon and Nick are platonic now. Her using Adam for sex wasn't gonna go on forever and that relationship was doomed anyway. So I'm liking the slow rekindling of the SHick dynamic which was destroyed there for a while and I think Cassie or whoever this girl will be will bring them even closer.

Drew
Member Avatar

Shick
Eeeh, I don't think I really agree that it was a mistake.

Grimes was leaving the show within a year of the death anyway to go to school and a recast would have been a horrible idea. The death was everything you could ask for in soap - it was emotional for the audience, amazingly acted, and has been the catalyst for 8 years of story. A rarity in the genre these days.

It's a statistic that many marriages can't survive the loss of a child, it was a logical angle for the show to explore with Nick, Sharon and Phyllis. Y&R did their job well (or rather, Jack Smith did).

Edited by Drew, May 24 2013, 08:51 PM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Shick

Cassie was not murdered. She decided to drive Daniel(Phyllis son) car in an effort to take a drunk Daniel home and wrecked his car. The accident divided Sharon and Nick even after her death. Daniel was blamed and went to jail for her accident.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

natdot99
May 24 2013, 09:56 PM
Shick

Cassie was not murdered. She decided to drive Daniel(Phyllis son) car in an effort to take a drunk Daniel home and wrecked his car. The accident divided Sharon and Nick even after her death. Daniel was blamed and went to jail for her accident.
Murdered off, killed off.. basically I meant the writers had her die, and killed her off their show.

carterladybug

Shick

Phyllis is not a whore!

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

They going to try to convince us that there was a surprise twin, that they didn't know she was carrying twins or even gave birth to twins?
:bs:
That is so laughable. But then again, considering the players, Nick and Sharon, neither are very bright.
So hope they change their mind on that.
Hmmmmmmm... Cassie's twin returns. Woooooooo hoooooooo (Twilight Zone music)
Lauren's doppelganger.
How unique! New and unused ideas!

Daytime
Member Avatar

I know I am in the minority but I am so over Cassie.. You would think she's the second coming or something..lol Colleen doesn't get this treatment.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

MTE Daytime. I suppose they thought if they kept talking about her over and over that we would just expect and welcome her back after 8 years.
Maybe it's Jill's last hurrah at resurrecting Y&R into something we will enjoy watching again.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

carterladybug
May 24 2013, 10:08 PM
Shick

Phyllis is not a whore!
I see we're back on the Phyliss is a whore rant. :huh: :blah: :blah:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Daytime
May 24 2013, 10:14 PM
I know I am in the minority but I am so over Cassie.. You would think she's the second coming or something..lol Colleen doesn't get this treatment.
you're not in the minority as far as I'm concerned, however, if it stops the yearly pilgrimage to the gravesite, I'll tolerate it.
The writers, imo were doing so good until this idea floated down the pike. :shame:

Drew
Member Avatar

Daytime
She didn't draw a picture.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Or foresee another girl baby for Sharon and Nick. The head injury in the accident must have caused her to see into the future.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Daytime
Not in the minority at all.

Crossface
Member Avatar

Shick
Speak it, only reason she was killed off is so Little Red Riding Whore can pump out that stupid bratty daughter out of her dried up uterus. Whore wasn't suppose to have anymore kids anyway. Hopefully Cassie comes back and haunts Phyllis' ass out of Genoa City.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply