Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the Week of May 27th
Topic Started: May 26 2013, 07:15 AM (1,859 Views)
T-Love74
Member Avatar

Edited by Miss Rhi, May 26 2013, 06:53 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Is he gonna find out she banged his daddy?
Ewww just typing that makes me cringe.

IIttu
Member Avatar

That promo's actually pretty lame.. Sad, but lame. Guess I was expecting something more from it (and this storyline.... :drunk: ). Eileen's so talented and she's been giving stellar performances despite the writing but Eric just isn't anywhere near her level, which really bothers me..
Edited by IIttu, May 26 2013, 12:40 PM.

niki

DH's acting is often criticised but I must say compared to Brady's "just stop it" in this promo, John's reaction to Kristen's lies back in the 90s was so so so much more believable and heartfelt.
Edited by niki, May 26 2013, 07:56 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Unless the eppi is better than the preview...

I was really hoping for a big wedding explosion, which they could have done. Maybe this is John/Kristen's dream sequence? Okay, okay, probably not...maybe Brady's upset at Kristen for leaving him at the mansion alone with Stefano and EJ?

camera shy

You would think they let Kristen get busted at her wedding, glad she made the decision not to sleep with John but to go with her heart and then Marlena shows up at the wedding and stops the service to show Brady the picture and Kristen ends up the same way she did with her wedding to John.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

It would have been so much better if this had come out at the wedding.

camera shy

I think the last big reveal I enjoyed on this show was when Daniel found out that Parker wasn't his with Kayla and Caroline doing the honors. :D

am103
Member Avatar

Lame. THIS is the promo for Kristen being exposed?! Yeah, we've come a long way from the 90's. I get that there's no budget but damn. They do better promos for Dannifer.

And the fact that none of this isn't happening at the wedding is such a fail.

Kenny
Member Avatar

am103
May 26 2013, 10:44 AM
THIS is the promo for Kristen being exposed?! Yeah, we've come a long way from the 90's.
No kidding.

There isn't even going to be a wedding?

camera shy

It's like they're not even trying.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Or they stopped trying because sweeps is over. I hope I'm wrong but if I'm not... :shame:

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Their promos have sucked for the past 8 months. But at least this one is Fetch/Rate/EJami free.

camera shy

JamaicanBeauty7
May 26 2013, 02:41 PM
Or they stopped trying because sweeps is over. I hope I'm wrong but if I'm not... :shame:
They had a big storyline to finish and they should have finished it with a a big bang even if sweeps was over. You can never go wrong with entertaning your audience. They could have held off bringing JJ home til after sweeps and then started his story to hurt Dannifer. We should see Kristen getting dressed on her wedding day truly happy that she felt she made the right decision to go with love over revenge and then cut to Marlena showing up at Brady's door to show him the evidence.....maybe we don't even know if she got to him on time when we see him watching Kristen walking down the aisle or if he refused to listen to Marlena. And they say "speak now or forever whole your peace" Brady could have said "There's no way in hell I'm marrying this bitch". Cut to Stefano and EJ's reaction and Sami's who stopped to take a look on her way to the hospital.....stuff like that. And who knows? Since the scenes haven't aired yet we still might get something entertaining. :popcorn:

am103
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 26 2013, 12:15 PM
am103
THIS is the promo for Kristen being exposed?! Yeah, we've come a long way from the 90's.
No kidding.

Nope. All of Kristen's lies are exposed the night before the wedding. You know, the same day that involved Will's shooting, Gabi giving birth, Jensen being killed, John and Kristen's little game of cat-and-mouse, JJ destroying Daniel's property...

Seriously. Has Days ever done so many episodes that play off of the same Salem day? This has to be close to a record.

camera shy

am103
May 26 2013, 06:27 PM
Kenny
am103
No kidding.

Nope. All of Kristen's lies are exposed the night before the wedding. You know, the same day that involved Will's shooting, Gabi giving birth, Jensen being killed, John and Kristen's little game of cat-and-mouse, JJ destroying Daniel's property...

Seriously. Has Days ever done so many episodes that play off of the same Salem day? This has to be close to a record.
I also think it's the same day Rafe got beaten. Nicole had on the same dress on Friday's show she had on when she visted Rafe in the hospital. Salemites must sleep good when they finally get to sleep.

blueskies
Member Avatar

am103
Kenny
am103
No kidding.

They're trying to beat Passions where one night lasted a month and Sheridan was in the ocean for 2 weeks of that time but still survived.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

camera shy
May 26 2013, 06:35 PM
am103
Kenny
am103
No kidding.

I also think it's the same day Rafe got beaten. Nicole had on the same dress on Friday's show she had on when she visted Rafe in the hospital. Salemites must sleep good when they finally get to sleep.
It's the day after Rafe got beaten up, I think.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I mean, seriously. What makes a reveal GOOD is having everybody stand around, shocked and further humiliating the exposed character. THAT IS WHAT MADE THE 1997 REVEAL SO GOOD! You had Kristen, surrounded by some friends, but mostly Marlena's friends and family... and in desperation is coming up with some pretty nice digs about "Oh my God, she's possessed again. We have to take care of her"... and it's a long tirade, some amazing looks and reactions from people around... and then all it takes is for John to say that if Marlena says it, he believes it. And you think that it's over as the starcrossed lovers fall into each other's arms... and then dun-dun-gun!
Edited by The Room Stops, May 26 2013, 07:37 PM.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

Yes....Brady dump her ass and don't look back!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply