Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
DR Countdown: 20 Most Wanted Returns; Runners Up and 20-11
Topic Started: May 26 2013, 07:22 AM (3,381 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

For the last two weeks we’ve been reading your posts and tweets about the characters from the past you’d most like to see return. The responses were great! See if your favorites made the list.

First we have our runners up. These characters all got a lot of votes, but not quite enough to make our list. Interestingly, there was an even amount of males and females, and the characters have a pretty broad age range. In case you're curious, the ones on the outside are the ones with the most votes. Do you recognize everyone?

Posted Image

20. Roman Brady - Wayne Northrop
Posted Image Posted Image

Sure, sure. Roman Brady is technically still on the show. He’s walking around with Chris Kositchek’s face, but he’s there. It’s been almost twenty years since the last time we saw Wayne Northrop’s Roman, and Josh Taylor has had the role longer than either of the previous two actors to portray Roman. Regardless, there are still many who miss the original. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that the character we see once every few weeks is still supposed to be the guy who finally stopped the Salem Strangler, held on to the bottom of a flying helicopter to stop Stefano DiMera, and resorted to blackmail to keep his daughter from the dangerous Austin Reed. Northrop’s Roman was not only one of the first major Days heroes of the 80s, he was also one half of one the first supercouples the show would later be so famous for. I know there are many people who would be willing to turn a blind eye if TPTB wanted to just switch actors and pretend nothing ever happened.

19. Stephanie Johnson - Shelley Hennig

Shelley Hennig was the second adult actress to portray the daughter of Steve and Kayla Johnson. During her time on the show, Shelley Hennig really grew into her own. In a span of four years her character was raped, stuffed into a morgue drawer, had a brief pain pills addiction, and was involved in a paternity swap. However, there’s still a lot of story left for Stephanie. For starters, she didn’t even get a real exit, and she was single when she left! Her parents’ wedding was the most watched episode of Days ever. Maybe one day she can give them a run for their money.

18. Eve Donovan - Charlotte Ross

As patience with Jennifer has grown thin recently, requests for the return of Eve Donovan have increased. More than once over the last few years on our board Eve has been referred to as what Sami Brady wishes she could be. Charlotte Ross has had a relatively busy career since leaving Days, and I don’t even remember the last time Eve was mentioned, but more extreme returns have happened...

17. Peter Blake - Jason Brooks

If ever there were a perfect time to bring back Peter Blake, it’s now. Kristen is in town. Jennifer is in town. There’s about to be a struggle for the DiMera business. Look, if Stefano has had Kristen out of that harem for the last decade, does anyone really believe he’s left Peter to rot in prison? Also, look how pretty.

16. Calliope Jones Bradford - Arleen Sorkin
Calliope is one of those characters that’s just hard to explain. You kind of had to be there. She was a perfect match for the quirky Eugene Bradford, and she’s mostly remembered for her zany antics. She was a part of some pretty major stories, though, including the three prisms story that led to the eventual deaths of Daphne DiMera and Roman Brady. She’s visited Salem a few times since her exit. Her last run didn’t leave her with a very happy ending, so it sure would be nice to see her get some closure.

15. Don Craig - Jed Allan

Don Craig was a part of the show for about 15 years and was on contract for 10. He was a pretty major player, especially in the late 70's. He had a tragic backstory, a long lost troublemaking daughter, and an ever changing love life that kept him in the forefront for years. Then one day he went to get the mail. That was it. He is still mentioned every few years. Three of the women he was involved with during his tenure on the show are still a part of the cast, and one of them is semi-single.

14. Kimberly Brady Donovan - Patsy Pease

Kim Brady is basically the poster girl for soap heroine victimization. There’s very little that didn’t happen to her. From childhood sexual abuse to kidnappings to multiple personalities to murder accusations to miscarriage...she did it all. Patsy isn’t the only actress to portray Kim, but she was the main one. We’ve seen her off and on through the years, and her last short stint even included the long awaited Kim/Shane reunion. Kim still has two siblings, two nieces, two nephews, and a mother with Alzheimer’s in town. Not to mention, she has two kids many would still love to see make their way to Salem.

13. Alex Marshall - Quinn Redeker

Alex was the bad guy that was just fun to hate. His crimes ranged from drug ring involvement to attempted murder. He had nefarious involvement with the Andersons, the Chandlers, and even the DiMeras in their early days. He eventually went to prison for setting fire to the Salem Inn in order to collect on the insurance. Presumably he’s still there. Alex is another character whose return could be perfect right now. Nick Fallon is his grandson, and now that they’ve both spent some time in prison, they probably have a lot to talk about.

12. Eugene Bradford- John deLancie

Oh, Eugene. Most memories of Eugene Bradford involve his psychic visions, his robot, and his time machine, but Eugene didn’t start out that way. He was initially a patient of Marlena’s haunted by the death of his wife and the thought that he might have been the one to kill her. He kidnapped Marlena and was only seconds away from raping her when Roman stopped him. His character came along way from the creepy Salem Strangler suspect. His best friend, and once best man in his wedding, Marlena is still around. Interestingly enough, the Bradford family was initially the family involved in a vendetta against the DiMeras. The last time we saw him he was dealing with some time machine drama. Calliope has let us know that he’s at least in the present now.

11. Mike Horton
Wesley Eure

Michael T. Weiss
Roark Critchlow

This might be our most complicated wishful return. At least 15 actors have been credited with portraying Mike. To be fair, some of those were children. Wesley Eure had the role the longest (7 years). He took Mike through learning the truth of his paternity (can you believe this took 8 years to come out? And of course Mike has been highly SORASed by the time it actually did) to his relationship with Margo who would eventually die from leukemia. The most popular Mike seems to be Michael T’s Weiss. It was Weiss’ Mike that worked as a doctor, entered into a complicated relationship with the Jewish Robin Jacobs, had a son (Jeremy), and often had to help his grandparents deal with his troublemaker kid sister Jennifer. The last person to play Mike was Roark Critchlow. Critchlow’s Mike was still a doctor, had to deal with his mother who finally was released from the sanitarium, had an affair with Carrie Brady, and was involved in an intense run for chief of staff against Craig Wesley. Mike is a Horton, and we’re constantly asking for more Hortons. The hospital is still featured prominently, and Jeremy could still be fleshed out.

Come back tomorrow to see who made the top 10! I don't think you'll be too surprised by number one, but we were surprised by number two!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Awesome and very interesting list! I can't wait to see the rest! I hope JKJ's Philip was included in the list!
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

I didn't vote, but I LOVE the list so far. I can't wait to see the top 10.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i'm surprised Jack didn't make the top 20. But there are many good characters out there. Hoping ShawnD and Belle are in the top 10. It's ridiculous they aren't in Salem.
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 26 2013, 09:25 AM
i'm surprised Jack didn't make the top 20. But there are many good characters out there. Hoping ShawnD and Belle are in the top 10. It's ridiculous they aren't in Salem.
Oh crap. That picture wasn't supposed to be of Jack. Lol. I don't remember who it was, but it wasn't Jack. He's in the top 20. No worries.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

lysie
May 26 2013, 09:32 AM
blueskies
Oh crap. That picture wasn't supposed to be of Jack. Lol. I don't remember who it was, but it wasn't Jack. He's in the top 20. No worries.
Lol, I figured after I saw some of the tweets and posts.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
May 26 2013, 09:42 AM
lysie
blueskies
Seriously, lol. I fixed it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

lysie
May 26 2013, 09:48 AM
NocturnalBlondie
May 26 2013, 09:42 AM
lysie
blueskies
Seriously, lol. I fixed it.
While you're already in the process of fixing stuff, John de Lancie's name is missing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar

How is Peter only 17!?! LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Wait...where's Melanie?! :(:(:(:P In the top 10 I presume!
Edited by AllmyDaysatGh, May 26 2013, 01:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

I love this! I admit I'm a little bummed that Liz and Anjelica didn't make the top 20, but glad they were included with the runners up. I guess I'm not the only one who remembers and misses them! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

juniorz1
May 26 2013, 02:05 PM
I love this! I admit I'm a little bummed that Liz and Anjelica didn't make the top 20, but glad they were included with the runners up. I guess I'm not the only one who remembers and misses them! :)
Keep in mind that all we're seeing is 20 to 11. The top 10 comes later! :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Peter!

Also Roark Critchlow was a great Mike Horton. He seemed like a real sweetheart. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

I'm surprised Susan wasn't in the top 10 but... I understand she's a character you either love or HATE.

I forgot to vote for Dr. Rolph, i doubt he would be top 10, i miss him.

My guesses for some of the top 10 would be Tony/Andre, Jack, Vivian, Shawn, and Belle. Guess we'll see if I'm right or not!

Edit: And I agree, WTF with Peter Blake only being 17?!
Edited by Mean, Mean, Mean!, May 26 2013, 04:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Ha! Panda, your man made the list!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mah man Eugene! My heart is happy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I like this!
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Great list! Eugene and Calliope :wub:

Peter Blake! That's what Days needs right now! Steamy Peter/Hope affair???
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

lysie
blueskies
I was so disappointed when I thought he didn't make the top 20. He would be my number 1 or 2. :( Glad to know that was a mistake. Hehe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

Im sure Christie Clark (Carrie) is in the top 10. Getting rid of her was a huge mistake this past year in my opinion. She should be as much of a part of the cast as Allison Sweeney (Sami).
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, May 26 2013, 09:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic