Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 5/27
Topic Started: May 27 2013, 01:19 AM (23,921 Views)
Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

Chad & Abigail_D
Jun 2 2013, 03:23 AM
TreasureCove
Jun 2 2013, 03:03 AM
I second this SO MUCH!! :wub:
now THAT is a scene worthy of an anniversary celebration!! Celebration for the story, the actors and also the fact DAYS had some REAL writers then!
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Wally Kurth■@wallykurth8h
Judi and I at her 30th anniversary party at the famous Dimples lounge in Burbank. I'm proud to be her dance partner pic.twitter.com/Uai0lXbqlN

Judi celebrated her 30th anniversary in the business with a benefit. I loved the fact that Krista T. (the original Mindy from GL ) was there. That was such a fantastic storyline on GL! Anyway, there were some folks there from Days and Wally was one of them. They are so cute! :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 1 2013, 03:00 PM
I don't think the two things can be separated. I do see the two separate issues, but I think they're tied together. As long as they're only doing it for one or two couples, I think it's ridiculous. And for the record, it really has very little to do with my favorites. I like both Brady and Kristen and it was the tweets about them that really threw me over the edge. I'm just sick of reading about the same people every day. If I wanted to read only positive things about those people all the time, I'd follow their fanbase twitter accounts. I only follow one fanbase account right now, and the only reason I even follow it is because I'm friends with the person in charge of it. But I follow her real one, too, so if she ever got too excessive with the fanbase tweets, I'd probably unfollow her too.
But... you'd, like, let her know if she got too excessive right?

I do agree. It's like when people over-defend their favorite. Seriously, they're human, they shit and fuck up like the rest of us. I have a fandom-cult-like group of people like that, and I still don't know why I haven't unfollowed. But there are no mistakes allowed there.

Don't people know that the answer to any- and everything (especially on twitter) is SNARK? Why can't the DAYS twitter be a little snarky? I'd be more fun, certainly, and people might not hate everything they do. Because at least we'd have the snark.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

lysie
May 29 2013, 03:28 PM
blueskies
May 29 2013, 02:49 PM
lysie
May 29 2013, 02:36 PM
I absolutely loathe the Days twitter account. That's all.
Is it the "I can be your hero baby" pinterest?
No. It's every single thing they tweet. I actually didn't even see that one, lol.
LOL. I don't always pay attention to them bc they always asks questions about Sami or EJami related. and lately the DiMera's too especially Kristen or Bristen but I do appreciate when they tweet about John and Marlena, that must be painful for them, bc they probably think Jarlena are boring, since they always RT Ejami or other fans BUT Jarlena... :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

nbcdays: Will John and Marlena be able to reconcile? #DAYS
https://twitter.com/nbcdays/status/341269519186149377

has anyone responded to this tweet with "that depends - does Tomlin want them to reconcile, or does he want to keep John in 'exile' forever?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 30 2013, 09:54 PM
Eileen Davidson
thank u! I had a ridiculous amount of fun playing all the scenes the last few days. I adore Kristen!
I think she DELETED this tweet. Bc I checked her page awhile ago and only saw the one where she thanked the fans for the amazing support and she also tagged Eric, Deidre and Drake's name along.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Poker Face
Jun 2 2013, 03:15 PM
Kenny
Eileen Davidson
thank u! I had a ridiculous amount of fun playing all the scenes the last few days. I adore Kristen!
I think she DELETED this tweet. Bc I checked her page awhile ago and only saw the one where she thanked the fans for the amazing support and she also tagged Eric, Deidre and Drake's name along.
https://twitter.com/eileen_davidson/status/340219150922313728
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 31 2013, 01:04 AM
But it wasn't ejami's anniversary,

It was however Bope's anniversary recently, which was ignored.
YEah and they'll probably IGNORE Jarlena's anniversary as well...the one from July 1999, I mean. Bc tptp screwed up so many times with their marital status.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 2 2013, 03:19 PM
Poker Face
Jun 2 2013, 03:15 PM
Kenny
Eileen Davidson
https://twitter.com/eileen_davidson/status/340219150922313728
oh thanks! that's because she replied to someone, I thought she tweeted it in public. Bc u can never see their tweets when they reply to fans on their TL..
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
May 31 2013, 01:19 AM
Deidre Hall ‏@DeidreHall
Days...like the old days!! What a riveting show. All scenes and characters rich and delicious!! Yippee!!!

https://twitter.com/DeidreHall/status/340350206723899392
so INTRIGUED by this TWEET! I wonder if that's a hint saying that Drake is staying and that will get Jarlena back OR maybe more Kristen/Marlena stuff? but that comment sounded like she was talking about the show as a WHOLE. and it's been ages since Deidre has been excited about Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

rae
May 31 2013, 08:51 AM
Miss Rhi
May 31 2013, 01:19 AM
Deidre Hall ‏@DeidreHall
Days...like the old days!! What a riveting show. All scenes and characters rich and delicious!! Yippee!!!

https://twitter.com/DeidreHall/status/340350206723899392
Like the old Days....I don't think so. While it was entertaining to watch Deidre and Eileen this story was all wrong from the get go. All it did was ruin J&M as a couple and individually. Don't know how this mess will ever be fixed.
wait a minute, so that TWEET was about FRIDAY's SCENES? I thought she meant the scenes she was taping that day..oh what a letdown. yeah, those scenes were fun to watch but hardly like the old days.. :/
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
May 31 2013, 11:54 AM
lysie
May 31 2013, 10:44 AM
tomsawyer
May 31 2013, 10:22 AM
What I find weird is that they don't do MORE re-tweeting of praise, acknowledgement of anniversaries, etc. across the board. It's not a bad thing that they re-tweeted about the anniversary of Ejami's first meeting yesterday because maybe they helped to get the topic trending, which obviously should be the goal of a show-driven twitter account. The problem is that they should do more of this for fans of ALL their couples, characters, etc., etc. I mean, it's not like their college twitter intern doesn't have the time to tweet and retweet a bunch more stuff.
Exactly. I can understand why they'd stick to tweeting about ejami and not continue teasing lumi or safe while the story doesn't back that up. What I don't understand is why they stay on one side of stories actually playing out. The Marlena/Kristen tweets are completely in Kristen's favor. The Nick tweets are completely sympathizing with him. The Dannifer ones were completely against Chloe. These aren't necessarily fanbase/triangle situations where there needs to be one victorious side, but that's how they're treating it. It's very off putting if you don't happen to agree.
I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one having this experience. But again, accurate representation of the show. John and Marlena are villains in Kristen's story, Chloe was the villain in Dannifer's.
Right because sadly you have to be a "bitch" to be loved on Days...so when nbc asked who's sides are you on, I wasn't exactly surprised tons of fans took Kristen's side. Whatever. that account is so bias, they root/retweet couples that are most hated from the fans. That's why I stopped paying attention to them a long time ago.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I think this week (the 27th) was 2nd week of the 2 weeks that Days has been dark? So DHer wouldn't have been filming anything when she tweeted that "days just like the old days" statement
Edited by Panda Panda, Jun 2 2013, 03:44 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
May 31 2013, 01:06 PM
Martha Madison ‏@Marth27
I f;love actors, but super-special shout outs to @eileen_davidson @DeidreHall @ericmartsolf @DrakeHogestyn @BlakeBerris #fangirlfriday #Days

https://twitter.com/Marth27/status/340498586192183296
aww. she's so SWEET! she must be the ONLY one who acknowledges that Drake AND Deidre ARE still on the SHOW. Bc they never get praised for anything. The story sucks yeah, but there has been some great acting in between but since they are vets , of course Days and co are like "so what?" :shame: They rather gush over stupid stuff...AND THIS coming from a YOUNGER VIEWER!
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Supergirlx2
Jun 2 2013, 03:04 PM
nbcdays: Will John and Marlena be able to reconcile? #DAYS
https://twitter.com/nbcdays/status/341269519186149377

has anyone responded to this tweet with "that depends - does Tomlin want them to reconcile, or does he want to keep John in 'exile' forever?"
I'm just glad they tweeted something!! Thanks, nbcdays!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Poker Face
Jun 2 2013, 03:45 PM
Panda Panda
Martha Madison ‏@Marth27
I f;love actors, but super-special shout outs to @eileen_davidson @DeidreHall @ericmartsolf @DrakeHogestyn @BlakeBerris #fangirlfriday #Days

aww. she's so SWEET! she must be the ONLY one who acknowledges that Drake AND Deidre ARE still on the SHOW. Bc they never get praised for anything. The story sucks yeah, but there has been some great acting in between but since they are vets , of course Days and co are like "so what?" :shame: They rather gush over stupid stuff...AND THIS coming from a YOUNGER VIEWER!
Drake doesn't deserve to be praised for anything at this point. I've seen Martha and Eileen tweet praise for Deidre multiple times now. I really think most of the actors don't watch the show so I don't really put much stock into it. Michael Logan praised Deidre Hall too. Her performances are always understated so it makes sense that she gets overlooked, but I think her peers know how good she can be. Plus she has been in the backseat of this story for about 99% of the time and is just lately getting anything worth mentioning.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 2 2013, 03:50 PM
Poker Face
Jun 2 2013, 03:45 PM
Panda Panda
Martha Madison ‏@Marth27

Drake doesn't deserve to be praised for anything at this point. I've seen Martha and Eileen tweet praise for Deidre multiple times now. I really think most of the actors don't watch the show so I don't really put much stock into it. Michael Logan praised Deidre Hall too. Her performances are always understated so it makes sense that she gets overlooked, but I think her peers know how good she can be. Plus she has been in the backseat of this story for about 99% of the time and is just lately getting anything worth mentioning.
That's what I've said through the years. She doesn't do many big "LOOK AT ME I AM ACTING!" scenes like some other people. Quiet and understated is almost always her way, which is what has made Marlena... Marlena, really. She's calm and collected usually. I find it makes scenes where Marlena isn't calm and collected even more effective. I love it when Marlena just lets go and yells at someone, especially since it's so rare. Speaking of, boy should she have a couple of those coming up, at John. Yell at him! Those scenes are not your friend when it comes to Emmys, but I personally enjoy her style, so... It's part of what endeared me to the character. Though I do enjoy when she gets to just tear into someone.

(This little factoid is what I'm afraid will be negative for Blake Berris come Emmys next year... His scenes were raw, beautiful and simple, but there was no throwing of glass or anything, I'm scared people won't see the incredible job he did.)

Michael Logan has been a Deidre Hall fan since the day he began (he's said that she is his favorite Daytime actress), but it was really nice to just see someone mention the scenes, because I thought they were really good myself. Quiet, understated, yes, but very good in the midst of an awful, awful storyline. Michael Logan has clout in their business, and that mention was well-deserved. I thought it was Drake's best scene since his confrontation scene with Deidre after John found out Marlena knew. But I see your point.

There are so many things wrong with this story, Marlena not being actually IN it, is just one of them, sadly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Also: Martha is the sweetest thing ever. Wouldn't it be perfect if Belle came back, pregnant, just as her mama needed someone? And with a new Shawn-D in tow, so we could watch Marlena and Hope be adorable grandmas-to-be together? We didn't get that with Claire. Marlena and Hope are obviously the best friend the other has right now, anyway...
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

I would love MM/Belle back. I adore Martha Madison. She made me a fan of Belle. She brought depth and maturity to the role.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

I'd love to see a headstrong, snarky Belle return to Salem and create some good conflict and drama within the current storylines. If DAYS is headed for a Brady/Kristen/Eric/Nicole quadrangle, then Belle's return would certainly spice things up. Belle would be horrified that BOTH her brothers (Brady and Eric) have feelings for Kristen, the woman who tried to destroy Belle's parents. And Belle might also dislike Nicole on principle, due to all the ways Nicole has hurt Eric, Brady, and Sami over the years. So, Belle could move into the DiMera mansion and volunteer at the church in order to keep tabs on Kristen and Nicole.

And if Belle is separated from Shawn, that would also create some conflict between Belle and Hope. Maybe Hope can be angry at Belle because Hope thinks that Belle cheated on Shawn again. But then it could turn out that it was actually Shawn who was sleeping around!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic