Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 5/27
Topic Started: May 27 2013, 01:19 AM (24,654 Views)
MissLola
Member Avatar

I am pissed that he hasn't been filming much lately. I really hope that tiic see the warm reception for Vargas and give him something more to do. :$
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

It almost sounds like they saw the good reception he was getting and then decided to use him less.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Hopefully the fact that he's filming less at the moment means they're taking their time and not rushing any story he's in. They should give it some thought and care, because he HAS been well received, and it would be good if a good story was prepared for him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

lysie
May 27 2013, 10:51 PM
It almost sounds like they saw the good reception he was getting and then decided to use him less.
Or maybe they are putting the character on hold for now, to figure out how to integrate him more/create a s/l for him, kinda like how they did SC and GG? :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

SD/Vargas should listen the podcast. His voice alone will make you melt. Plus, he's a sweetheart. :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

sillibella
Member Avatar

nickyj12345
May 27 2013, 09:45 PM
Supergirlx2
May 27 2013, 08:15 PM
tylerbo20
May 27 2013, 07:33 PM
does that mean everyone will have blue streaks in their hair?
i'm good with whatever, as long as Hope doesn't have blonde ones. ;)
The streaks are spreading...

Kate Mansi ‏@KateMansi 47m
http://static.ow.ly/photos/normal/2ds0j.jpg your pink hair trend is really taking off apparently @Ali_Sweeney. #trendsetter XXOO

Posted Image
I know that Kate's dog, Leighla May, looks somewhat similar but that looks more like Benji, Freddie and Alyssa's dog. Very cute though. :)
Edited by sillibella, May 28 2013, 12:00 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 27 2013, 10:31 PM
Things you probably didn't know about Sean Douglas & other facts/info (c/o his interview with DivaOfDool):
1. He was one of the final 2 actors to play the character of Rafe & lost to Galen.
Talk about a missed freaking opportunity. :drunk:

If I got to look at that face as much as I've had to look at Galen's..... :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Spencer Hastings
May 27 2013, 11:54 PM
Supergirlx2
Things you probably didn't know about Sean Douglas & other facts/info (c/o his interview with DivaOfDool):
1. He was one of the final 2 actors to play the character of Rafe & lost to Galen.

but we have to remember that that would've meant he would've been stuck with Sami. that point alone makes me happy they chose Galen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 28 2013, 12:01 AM
Spencer Hastings
Supergirlx2

but we have to remember that that would've meant he would've been stuck with Sami. that point alone makes me happy they chose Galen.
There's always the mute button. Always. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
May 27 2013, 11:32 PM
lysie
Or maybe they are putting the character on hold for now, to figure out how to integrate him more/create a s/l for him, kinda like how they did SC and GG? :shrug:
Daniel & Rafe have been put on hold? They've been hogging airtime since the DAY they arrived.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
May 28 2013, 12:03 AM
Supergirlx2
May 28 2013, 12:01 AM
Spencer Hastings
Supergirlx2

There's always the mute button. Always. ;)
his talent would've still been wasted.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Yes! They are thinking about testing the Vope chemistry!

Nice chat!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

laurenkoslow: We are STILL waiting to see,lots of twists in this SL RT @saraGG14: What does the future holds for kate and rafe @laurenkoslow @galengering
http://twitter.com/#!/laurenkoslow/status/339259581584777216
Offline Profile Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

AFaithL
May 28 2013, 12:47 AM
Yes! They are thinking about testing the Vope chemistry!

Nice chat!
I think Sean Douglas is doing a stellar job with the material he's been given. Case in point, when he had that quiet conversation with Nick last week at University Hospital - and how SD transitioned it from a threatening convo to one of understanding and comfort (almost).

I will be dropping a notecard in the mail to TPTB (contact info in the first entry on this thread) encouraging them to pursue a storyline for him and put him on contract. He is one of the best finds of the last few years - up there with Freddie Smith, Derek Magyar (Jensen) and that kid Andrew who kidnapped Melanie last year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BuickMackane

Supergirlx2
2. Vargas has no other written backstory other than what we originally saw (i.e., the in-prison stuff). Sean created his own backstory for Vargas so that he could better portray him.
3. Vargas was originally only supposed to be around for about 20 episodes.
4. Sean Douglas is originally from Houston, Texas.
5. Sean mentioned something about how TPTB (or someone like that) was kinda looking at how Hope & Vargas work together (i.e., pre-chem testing), but that they really haven't had all that many scenes together. --> i'm not sure if he's only referring to what's aired thus far.
6. He can sing & play the guitar a bit.
7. He's a bartender.
8. He describes the Days cast & crew as a welcoming family.
9. He says the writers are open to suggestions about directions they'd like to see their character go in. (He also mentions 3 main writers - is LB the 3rd?!) <-- i think i heard that correctly. i was only 1/2 paying attention cause i was writing out points 1 through 8.
10. Not directly about Sean, but the cast had a Spring Fling party a few weeks ago.
11. Sean is an Ari fanboy - he talks about how she's even more beautiful on the inside. (super sweet few min)
12. Sean hasn't filmed in 3 weeks. (he usually knows about 2 weeks in advance if/when he's working) - granted, Kristian hasn't filmed in about that long…so...
13. Re: the ring Vargas wears - it originally probably had some sort of explanation, but that never came to fruition. He doesn't deny or confirm if there's something on the ring.
14. He'd love to see what happens between Vargas & Hope, and it was Kristian that mentioned to him that they had been looking at possible chemistry between them, but there really hasn't been a scene between them to be able to really test the chemistry.
15. Vargas still has no first name. (Vargas is a latin surname)
16. Eric Martsolf was teasing Sean at a party about why he has such a cool name while everyone else has somewhat plain names. lol.
17. Sean thinks it could be cool if Vargas were somehow linked to Stefano. (he was agreeing with a caller - this wasn't an idea he had of his own)
18. He worked a lot for a while & now it's more like 2-3 shows, few weeks of nothing, 2-3 shows, nothing, etc. - thinks it may be a combo of not knowing where TPTB want to take Vargas next & the introduction of the new characters
18. Re: EJ/Vargas scene - Sean played it such that Vargas was intrigued to be meeting EJ, as he probably heard the DiMera name thrown around while he was in prison. no more EJ/Vargas scenes have been shot yet.
19. Sean says he's a good dancer & could've totally done the StripDays scenes.
20. Sean loves being on Days & is open for anything/everything for Vargas.
21. the "Vargas makes fun of Nicole calling out Eric in bed" episode was pre-empted in LA. Sean has yet to watch the scenes to see how they turned out.
22. If you haven't seen Mr. Deity, you should check it out - Sean plays Jesus.
23. He is not related to Michael Keaton or Michael Douglas. lol.
24. He signed with his management company after he got the job on Days.
25. He's gonna be shooting a movie (not sure what about).
26. Sean Douglas is a complete sweetheart!

Note: these points are not in an exact chronological order
With a name like "Sean Douglas" he seems almost BORN to be in the cast of "Days" LOL! I really enjoy the Vargas character and look forward to watching him develop!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JamaicanBeauty7
May 27 2013, 11:32 PM
lysie
I can't see them putting him on hold, since he's recurring there is no epi guarantee that would have them do that. IMHO I just think that they had a storyline for him (the current one) and somehow now they don't but they don't want to get rid of him either because they feel that maybe they can go somewhere with him in time. IDK, I just feel that we have to be careful with Vargas, if the show gets wind that we like the guy, he'll be fucking Sami in no time.
Online Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Days of our Lives @nbcdays
RETWEET if Sonny’s your hero! http://t.co/XZcPqlPYFr #DAYS #WilSon
View photo
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 28 2013, 01:20 AM
laurenkoslow: We are STILL waiting to see,lots of twists in this SL RT @saraGG14: What does the future holds for kate and rafe @laurenkoslow @galengering
Ugh! I hope the writers don't draw out their sexual fling and try and make more out of it. These two don't need a future together! :x
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Supergirlx2
May 28 2013, 01:20 AM
When you're a sixty year old woman involved with a forty-one year old man, who you know wants to have children some day, you should have known from day one that this relationship wasn't going to be long term. Be there as a friend and nothing more. But if I was a sexy sixty year old like Kate, I sure wouldn't be going back to a eighty year old Stefano. I'd be looking for some sexy fifty year old and counting to fall in love with. :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

They need to bring someone new in for Kate, how about Jack Scalia? He could play the son of Stefano's old rival from Italy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic