Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
DR Countdown: 20 Most Wanted Returns; Top Ten
Topic Started: May 27 2013, 09:15 AM (5,041 Views)
AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

I like the list. I think Jack should be around, though not with Jennifer anymore, since she doesn't appreciate him.

I was glad to see Steve get a high spot. Excellent. I think there's potential story there should he return. The issues between him and Kayla could make for great drama. I'm so tired of seeing her viewpoint and her life get neglected. She's more than just a doctor and a pal. It would be nice if Steve came back, but even if he doesn't, show me what SHE'S up to....and not just in the hospital.

Bo...I miss Bo. He was a very important character for Days for decades, and I think he should be written for, but evidently the current writing staff doesn't share that opinion. Ask me what I think about that. Go 'head.

Anna. Carrie. I haven't been all that fond of Carrie since she dumped Austin over those erroneous "if we have children together they might have physical problems" results and took up with his brother Lucas, though she didn't love him at all. It was disappointing to find her so shallow. Then the way she took up with Rafe while married to Austin...Yuck. Who is this? Carrie?

But there is story to be had anyway, if you bring Anna back. Anna's problems and decision making....her emphasis on her career, while being largely absent from Carrie's life for so long...what impact did that have on Carrie? Plus, Anna is entertaining.

I've already gone on record that I want to see more of Kayla, but I'll add Justin and Adrienne to that list, and Lucas as well.

Why does Lucas never get a chance at love? Tomlin doesn't seem to value him, but it's clear the audience DOES, and Tomlin shouldn't ignore that in favor of his own biases.

Justin and Adrienne...I'd like to see them in a story that is about them. They've been great with Sonny, and that's appreciated, but how about them?

They aren't ancient, and they should get some focus. They don't have to lead, since the writers have something against that, clearly, but they could have a good, solid relationship story.

People don't cease to live at forty, Mr. Tomlin. A fair percentage of your audience is over that age, and they matter too. Or hey, maybe your message is that they don't. Tell them that. See how that works out for ya.

Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

AllmyDaysatGh
May 27 2013, 02:30 PM
I went back to the voting thread and did the recount. One vote. Yours.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
May 27 2013, 03:01 PM
AllmyDaysatGh
...I know. LOL!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harcourt
Member Avatar

Nice seeing Jack/Matt at #1. He really doesn't need Jennifer to be interesting. I liked seeing Tony, Anna, Steve, and Bo on there, too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

you know whats funny is that I have a feeling we will see these 10 characters again before the show goes away
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

so many missed opportunities...Jack and Billie....Jack and Hope....Lisa Rinna and bring back that other bo...HOT HOT HOT
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
AllmyDaysatGh
There was one other from twitter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

AllmyDaysatGh
Posted Image
LOVE IT!

AllmyDaysatGH I am just gonna say it right now ---- YOU ARE MOLLY BURNETT...you MUST be...there is no other excuse known to man for your undying support of her.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 27 2013, 04:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Now is the time to bring Anna back. A flying visit in from Anna and Carrie and the new baby.
Roman, Anna and Marlena and Kate cooing about their lovely new grand son / daughter.

Should be enough to almost make grandma Sami self combust. Lost opportunity.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

tylerbo20
May 27 2013, 04:00 PM
you know whats funny is that I have a feeling we will see these 10 characters again before the show goes away
I think the odds of that are better if TomSell go away first. Preferably while there's still a show on the air.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

Kriss4
May 27 2013, 02:48 PM
I like the list. I think Jack should be around, though not with Jennifer anymore, since she doesn't appreciate him.

I was glad to see Steve get a high spot. Excellent. I think there's potential story there should he return. The issues between him and Kayla could make for great drama. I'm so tired of seeing her viewpoint and her life get neglected. She's more than just a doctor and a pal. It would be nice if Steve came back, but even if he doesn't, show me what SHE'S up to....and not just in the hospital.

Bo...I miss Bo. He was a very important character for Days for decades, and I think he should be written for, but evidently the current writing staff doesn't share that opinion. Ask me what I think about that. Go 'head.

Anna. Carrie. I haven't been all that fond of Carrie since she dumped Austin over those erroneous "if we have children together they might have physical problems" results and took up with his brother Lucas, though she didn't love him at all. It was disappointing to find her so shallow. Then the way she took up with Rafe while married to Austin...Yuck. Who is this? Carrie?

But there is story to be had anyway, if you bring Anna back. Anna's problems and decision making....her emphasis on her career, while being largely absent from Carrie's life for so long...what impact did that have on Carrie? Plus, Anna is entertaining.

I've already gone on record that I want to see more of Kayla, but I'll add Justin and Adrienne to that list, and Lucas as well.

Why does Lucas never get a chance at love? Tomlin doesn't seem to value him, but it's clear the audience DOES, and Tomlin shouldn't ignore that in favor of his own biases.

Justin and Adrienne...I'd like to see them in a story that is about them. They've been great with Sonny, and that's appreciated, but how about them?

They aren't ancient, and they should get some focus. They don't have to lead, since the writers have something against that, clearly, but they could have a good, solid relationship story.

People don't cease to live at forty, Mr. Tomlin. A fair percentage of your audience is over that age, and they matter too. Or hey, maybe your message is that they don't. Tell them that. See how that works out for ya.

Excellent post. If only the pathetic writers viewed this site would they know who is most missed on Days. Before Jack and Bo come back and I mean Matt and Peter, there needs to be a regime change. And I sure hope it happens SOONER than later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Great finish to the list! Seeing Jack on top also made my day! :) If he can't be appreciated by the show, it's nice to know he's still appreciated by the fans!

But waaaaaaahhh I miss him!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
LOL! I definitely didn't vote for Melanie but this made my day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

lysie
May 27 2013, 11:54 AM
We'll probably do another actor/character feature next, but if you have any suggestions we're happy to hear them!
How about a list of potential pairings, with a rule that they can never have been a serious couple on this show at any point? I'd be really interested at the results of such a list. It could be a lot of fun too!

The wheels are already turning (e.g. Jack and Nicole, Hope and Vargas, Kate and Justin)...
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, May 27 2013, 06:16 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

lysie
We'll probably do another actor/character feature next, but if you have any suggestions we're happy to hear them!

Favorite sets.
Favorite recasts.
Favorite child actors through the years.
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, May 27 2013, 06:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

lysie
May 27 2013, 04:12 PM
OliveAnn
AllmyDaysatGh
There was one other from twitter.
I always knew Mason was a closeted Melanie fan ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

NocturnalBlondie
May 27 2013, 06:18 PM
lysie

Favorite sets.
Favorite recasts.
Favorite Head Writer.
Favorite Villain.
Favorite Storyline.
Favorite Wedding.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

tylerbo20
May 27 2013, 04:00 PM
so many missed opportunities...Jack and Billie....Jack and Hope....Lisa Rinna and bring back that other bo...HOT HOT HOT
i'll pass on Hope/Jack. i don't think that was a missed opportunity. At least when talking about Matt's Jack. Hope & 90s recast Jack (forget his name) i could sooner see - they may have had a bit of a spark during the pre-Aremid stuff.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

darraholic
May 27 2013, 06:35 PM
NocturnalBlondie
May 27 2013, 06:18 PM
lysie

Favorite sets.
Favorite recasts.
Favorite Head Writer.
Favorite Villain.
Favorite Storyline.
Favorite Wedding.
Favorite birth
Favorite death (a bit morbid, yes, but some characters had really intense death/dying scenes)
Favorite plot twist
Favorite slap (could be quite amusing)
Favorite comedic moment
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic