Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SoapNet Promo for the week of May 27th
Topic Started: May 29 2013, 12:35 AM (1,735 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

How the writers could pass on the idea of having Kristen melt down in front of her friend(s?) and family in her wedding dress as her lies are exposed, I'll never know.

Has there ever been such an anticlimactic ending to a story before?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Where the hell is Stefano in this mess? he would never let his daughter go down on her knees for this crap.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 29 2013, 10:28 AM
How the writers could pass on the idea of having Kristen melt down in front of her friend(s?) and family in her wedding dress as her lies are exposed, I'll never know.

Do you remember when Sami got Sydney back?

Kenny
Member Avatar

I mean, it could've been great. Brady and Kristen dressed in their fancies, holding hands, preparing to say 'I do' in front of friends and family. John lurking in the background, contemplating whether or not to confess what he did with Kristen last night. Kristen eying him -- will he stop the wedding or won't he? Tension all around. Then, just as John steps forward and begins to speak, Marlena comes busting in with the proof, just like before. "Stop this charade!" Everyone turns and looks. John breathes a sigh of relief as Kristen stares daggers at Marlena. The music swells and... cut to credits!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
May 29 2013, 10:39 AM
Kenny
May 29 2013, 10:28 AM

Do you remember when Sami got Sydney back?
Ugh. I literally thought I had accidentally fast-forwarded through a scene that day because the "dramatic conclusion" was so not dramatic.

am103
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 29 2013, 10:46 AM
I mean, it could've been great. Brady and Kristen dressed in their fancies, holding hands, preparing to say 'I do' in front of friends and family. John lurking in the background, contemplating whether or not to confess what he did with Kristen last night. Kristen eying him -- will he stop the wedding or won't he? Tension all around. Then, just as John steps forward and begins to speak, Marlena comes busting in with the proof, just like before. "Stop this charade!" Everyone turns and looks. John breathes a sigh of relief as Kristen stares daggers at Marlena. The music swells and... cut to credits!
That is exactly how I pictured Brady and Kristen's wedding! The reveal would have been so much soapier if Stefano, EJ, Sami, Chad, Jennifer, and John were in attendance. Doing the reveal before the wedding is a huge letdown, after all these weeks of building up to this stupid wedding.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joshua
Member Avatar

I think it's fitting, especially given the fact that this ridiculous and pathetically-written storyline started with one of the biggest missed opportunities: everyone not being surprised to see Kristen when she retured very much alive. That should have been a huge moment.

This whole story is a mess. I'm just happy to see it end. And please, can Brady just leave town? I'm so sick of my favorite actresses (Sarah Brown and now ED) being wasted on that meathead of a character.

nightfan

Kenny
May 29 2013, 10:46 AM

Now that's drama.
Please, Ken Corday, hire this man to write for your show. For the love of God.
Edited by nightfan, May 29 2013, 11:21 PM.

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

The faster Brady is out of Kristen's orbit the better. On to a new story for Kristen with a better co-star please!

concerned
Member Avatar

Maggie28wubsEj
May 30 2013, 02:45 AM
The faster Brady is out of Kristen's orbit the better. On to a new story for Kristen with a better co-star please!
And the list of suggested better co stars is ??????

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

concerned
May 30 2013, 05:06 AM
Maggie28wubsEj
May 30 2013, 02:45 AM
And the list of suggested better co stars is ??????
Anyone but Rafe, Dan, or Brady. All are dull and beneath her.

Ljay
Member Avatar

darraholic
May 29 2013, 01:39 AM
guessgirl
May 29 2013, 01:24 AM
Kristen is in the wrong but I always hate it when they have the women begging the men and on the floor clinging to them. Ugh..
Not the first time Kristen has begged a man while on the floor at a wedding in the DiMera living room.

Only thing missing the rhinestone cowboy outfits...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply