Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 29th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 29 2013, 06:37 AM (16,438 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Aliaron
May 29 2013, 08:46 PM
I think ultimately this is a shitty storyline. If Days spent as much time writing for their heros as they did redeeming their villains this could be a decent show. But in every story they redeem their bad guy on the back on someone good. Redeem Nick by shooting Will. Redeem Kristin by taking a knife to john and brady.

This show is so twisted. And not in a good or entertaining way.
This is so true. The show used to be about the heroes versus the villains, and then they mixed it up by having some grey characters (Anna, Alex, Tony, Kristen for a while, Peter, Angelica, Eve, Jack etc) in the mix. And it worked. The stories almost wrote themselves. This is all plot driven, and it's awful.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
May 29 2013, 09:33 PM
I mean...would it have absolutely killed them to let Marlena wear better shoes for the showdown? Ugh.
And a different shirt? Because, oy!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
May 30 2013, 11:02 AM
blueskies
May 29 2013, 07:46 PM
Brady, Kristen *lived* to see your wedding day. Honestly with your track record, that should be enough for you. But if you need something else, I'm sure she's willing to learn to ride a segway.
I wouldn't be so quick to judge... it's still the night before, and Marlena has time to kill her once she finds out everything that happened.
Does Marlena even have a reason to really hate Kristen for what she's done since she's been back in town? I'm not talking about their whole history. I'm talking about recent history. Marlena already knew that Kristen was playing Brady and before that playing John. John really has tortured Marlena all on his own for months now. Kristen hasn't even had to do anything. The only thing she really did was play a part in Brady getting bumped on the head. Honestly, that could have been a good thing if it caused his brain to function properly, which it didn't.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
May 29 2013, 11:25 PM
I pray a Cuilton wrote tomorrows Kristen and Marlena showdown. I hope this episode gives Deidre and Eileen emmy material for next year. Please Soap Gods hear me!
Deidre won't submit even if she has a scene that screams Emmy higher than Kristian Alfonso's chilling "NOOOOO" scream from 2006. She's annoying that way. I thought she deserved at least a nomination for her work in the crappy Brady storyline from 2000/2001, but no.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
May 30 2013, 11:15 AM
ShaneDOOLFan
I pray a Cuilton wrote tomorrows Kristen and Marlena showdown. I hope this episode gives Deidre and Eileen emmy material for next year. Please Soap Gods hear me!
Deidre won't submit even if she has a scene that screams Emmy higher than Kristian Alfonso's chilling "NOOOOO" scream from 2006. She's annoying that way. I thought she deserved at least a nomination for her work in the crappy Brady storyline from 2000/2001, but no.
She submitted for this year's Emmys. Why wouldn't she submit next year if she actually has good material?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 30 2013, 11:19 AM
The Room Stops
ShaneDOOLFan
She submitted for this year's Emmys. Why wouldn't she submit next year if she actually has good material?
Last year, she pretty much said she was told she had to. And everybody else was told they had to too. She had no clue what to submit, considering she asked fans on Facebook what to submit. The last time she did it willingly and was proud of her reel was like... 1995.
Edited by The Room Stops, May 30 2013, 11:25 AM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
May 30 2013, 11:25 AM
DiMeraFan67
The Room Stops
ShaneDOOLFan
Last year, she pretty much said she was told she had to. And everybody else was told they had to too. She had no clue what to submit, considering she asked fans on Facebook what to submit. The last time she did it willingly and was proud of her reel was like... 1995.
Ahh, I didn't know that. Well that's good to know because I think she had better material than what she submitted. DAYS made her submit, but not Queen Sweeney? I find that odd, but I do believe it.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 30 2013, 11:07 AM
The Room Stops
blueskies
Brady, Kristen *lived* to see your wedding day. Honestly with your track record, that should be enough for you. But if you need something else, I'm sure she's willing to learn to ride a segway.
I wouldn't be so quick to judge... it's still the night before, and Marlena has time to kill her once she finds out everything that happened.
Does Marlena even have a reason to really hate Kristen for what she's done since she's been back in town? I'm not talking about their whole history. I'm talking about recent history. Marlena already knew that Kristen was playing Brady and before that playing John. John really has tortured Marlena all on his own for months now. Kristen hasn't even had to do anything. The only thing she really did was play a part in Brady getting bumped on the head. Honestly, that could have been a good thing if it caused his brain to function properly, which it didn't.
It's Kristen. She always has reason. And Kristen's been setting her up left and right to destroy her marriage, then crush her son to hurt herself and husband by making him fall in love with her, proposing and then leaving him at the alter.

Marlena's been trying to stop it, within... reason.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 30 2013, 11:26 AM
The Room Stops
DiMeraFan67
The Room Stops

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Ahh, I didn't know that. Well that's good to know because I think she had better material than what she submitted. DAYS made her submit, but not Queen Sweeney? I find that odd, but I do believe it.
I found last year so odd, because all these random people that didn't really have a story or a reel to submit were all submitting. And I mean, I thought she had some good scenes (lots with Chandler, some with Drake, a few with James and Renee), but Marlena wasn't front and center at all, she was barely in her own scenes for crying out loud.

It was all so odd. And the Emmys are a little odd, aren't they?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
May 30 2013, 11:27 AM
DiMeraFan67
The Room Stops
blueskies
It's Kristen. She always has reason. And Kristen's been setting her up left and right to destroy her marriage, then crush her son to hurt herself and husband by making him fall in love with her, proposing and then leaving him at the alter.

Seems to me that John just decided that Brady was more important to him than Marlena. Of course its Kristen's fault that John had to make the choice, but he did it on his own. He didn't really need to do anything he's done.

I get that Marlena hates Kristen and I'm going to LOVE today, but really it seems like Kristen just set up the pieces and let all of them destroy themselves. She didn't do much of anything.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
May 30 2013, 11:29 AM
DiMeraFan67
May 30 2013, 11:26 AM
The Room Stops
DiMeraFan67

I found last year so odd, because all these random people that didn't really have a story or a reel to submit were all submitting. And I mean, I thought she had some good scenes (lots with Chandler, some with Drake, a few with James and Renee), but Marlena wasn't front and center at all, she was barely in her own scenes for crying out loud.

It was all so odd. And the Emmys are a little odd, aren't they?
Yeah, I hate that the Emmys don't really have ANY type of guidelines for submitting. Categories are all out of whack, but they always have been. Deidre had some good stuff, not sure if it was Emmy worthy. But that could be said for most of the people who submitted reels. GH and Y&R take the Emmys way more seriously than DAYS ever has. I guess years of getting snubbed does that to you.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Why would the show force some actors to submit reels and not others - and particularly actors that have fewer scenes to choose from? That doesn't sound quite right to me.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 30 2013, 11:31 AM
The Room Stops
May 30 2013, 11:27 AM
DiMeraFan67
The Room Stops

Seems to me that John just decided that Brady was more important to him than Marlena. Of course its Kristen's fault that John had to make the choice, but he did it on his own. He didn't really need to do anything he's done.

I get that Marlena hates Kristen and I'm going to LOVE today, but really it seems like Kristen just set up the pieces and let all of them destroy themselves. She didn't do much of anything.
Which is part of the reason why I say John has been destroyed for the sake of this story. Marlena's out of character, and so... waify... but she's not destroyed. John's been turned into the plot device that moved the story.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 30 2013, 11:41 AM
Why would the show force some actors to submit reels and not others - and particularly actors that have fewer scenes to choose from? That doesn't sound quite right to me.
That's what I found so odd and, well, wrong.

Keith
Member Avatar

One of the reasons I've not completely hated John is because I get what is motivating his character. Brady is probably the only person in his world that could make him choose between someone else and Marlena. He always loved Marlena (and that love is greatly missing from the screen right now and absurdly so) but when he didn't have Marlena, he had Brady. I'm talking post-Roman days, of course. When he had nothing else, he had that little boy. He's also some history choosing Brady over Marlena (the horribly ill-conceived Marlena's-the-villain during Lowder's Brady's days). All of this has helped me to fanwank much of what we've seen on-screen. Still doesn't mean I love what I've seen on-screen, or don't think that John should have worked with Marlena directly, and come up with a different plan to nail Kristen. The man's an ISA agent and ex-cop. He went out of town and they had the perfect set-up for him to have made an investigation into her dealings overseas and then he came back to town and could have easily linked her to Sy. And if Marlena was in on what he was doing, "breaking up" as a facade to make Kristen think she's winning, what a pay-off would have been Kristen's downfall and their reunion. What has been missing from this story has been John and Marlena's great love for one another, but the intentions of John have always been clear to me.

lysie
Member Avatar

I thought Sweeney did submit this year.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
May 30 2013, 01:06 PM
I thought Sweeney did submit this year.
During the chat she did with EJamis back in February she said she did not submit anything. Nor did JS.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Jason47
May 29 2013, 01:12 PM
FIRST VARGAS-LESS WEEK SINCE HIS DEBUT:

Per the credits today, this is the first Vargas-less week since Sean Douglas' first appearance in February. And with these credits running through Monday, June 3, his next appearance won't be until at least June 4.
There is a God.Maybe they will fix him while he is off screen.I could live with the character if he was law enforcement or journalist undercover in prison to get some bad guy or expose some form of corruption.He could have gone in shortlly after Nick entered the prison system.

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

Matt
May 30 2013, 09:19 AM
specialcases
May 30 2013, 08:17 AM
Matt
May 29 2013, 12:00 PM
Dear. Fucking. God. It's the SAME DAMN NIGHT.
Are you for real? After that cliffhanger, what did you expect? Maggie and Hope sitting at the pub the next morning, saying "Ooh did you hear what happened at the DiMera mansion last night?". Would've been a ridiculous time to suddenly start a new day, dont ya think?
It's a little fucking ridiculous that this same day has gone on for 2 weeks and all of this Marlena/John/Kristen/Brady stuff couldn't have been moved to a different Salem day. It's all ludicrous and poor planning & storyline spacing, IMO.
I don't disagree at all with any of that....it just has nothing to do with my lol reaction to your highlariously over-dramatic "DEAR GOD!" exclamation that it was the still same day, when nobody in their right mind would have expected them NOT to pick up right where they left off after the day before's cliffhanger. You made me laugh is all, and I was just teasing ;) :biggrin:

nightfan

IIttu
May 30 2013, 04:39 AM
There's a third wheel between Will and Sonny. Sami's face seems to be in between them or in the bg every time WilSon are supposed to have meaningful scenes together... PLEASE, WRITERS, STOP THAT.

And I'm not even gonna begin with J&M and Bristen.. I guess it only makes sense that a ridiculous storyline deserves a ridiculously anticlimactic ending? Shame on you, writers. Shame on you.
I'm very conflicted. As a Kristen fan, naturally I'm saddened that the only thing close to love that she ever experienced is shattered. However, as a Marlena fan, that ending was FREAKIN' AWESOME. No words were needed! The staging and the looks between the two characters said it all.

Now, as a Kristen fan, I'm PRAYING that although Brady's having a huff right now, we all know what kind of horndog he is. He'll want some va-jay-jay soon, and hopefully, God willing, Kristen will be in the right place at the right time. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply