Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney makes "Days" history in May; Becomes first female to lead monthly rankings 39 times...
Topic Started: May 29 2013, 01:55 PM (2,695 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

Is this meant to be celebratory news?

Whoop. De. Doo.

De Doo. Doo.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I think the fact that she's been on a lot but not necessarily front and center in every storyline is a welcome change. There was a time when she was leading the monthly rankings and every day seemed to be all about Sami. I like the overall balance much better now - even as a fan of Sami.

cajnej
Member Avatar

Congrats to Alison, I am a Sami fan and find her antics fun to watch. Thank you for posting this Jason.

blueskies
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 29 2013, 03:23 PM
At least in the past she's achieved this while having her own storyline.....this time she's pretty much being inserted as a top player in a storyline that isn't even about her directly.
What do you mean? She just had a baby almost taken away from her.

Oh wait, that was supposed to be her son's storyline.

Jason47
Member Avatar

elci525
May 29 2013, 03:40 PM

Whoop. De. Doo.

De Doo. Doo.
It's meant to be news. I just report the stats. How you feel about those stats is up to you!!

LiZa
Member Avatar

Proud of Ali. It's amazing we have seen her grow up into a successful women.

elci525
Member Avatar

Jason47
May 29 2013, 04:06 PM
elci525
May 29 2013, 03:40 PM

Whoop. De. Doo.

De Doo. Doo.
It's meant to be news. I just report the stats. How you feel about those stats is up to you!!
No, I know Jason, clearly - it wasn't meant as a snark on you! My apologies if it came off that way. I am ever grateful for all you do!!!

I was just trying to make a joke and express my extreme dislike, EXTREME DISLIKE, for the character and how she is on too often for my tastes, no matter how well-integrated she is in the stories or whatever. It was a sarcastic/tounge-in-cheek "is this meant to be celebratory" b/c I won't be celebrating this - and that is how I felt about it. Of course I knew you weren't posting it with trumpets and fanfare - just stating the facts. I was trying to draw the incongruity between the idea of this being heralded and accompanied with fanfare by some fictional town crier or something, and my reaction, which should sounds more like a deflated kazoo. This was my concept =)

But I wasn't knocking the intent to post. I really hope you didn't take it that way.
Edited by elci525, May 29 2013, 08:31 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

elci525
May 29 2013, 05:06 PM
No, I know Jason - it wasn't meant as a snark on you! My apologies if it came off that way. I am ever grateful for all you do!!!

But I wasn't knocking the intent to post. I really hope you didn't take it that way.
No offense taken!!

:)

spartan
Member Avatar

Congrats to Ali!

Thanks for info, Jason!

samwel

Well done AS.

Serenity 808

Congrats to AS.

Even though she led the monthly rankings, Sami isn't taking up as much time per episode as she did in prior years and hasn't had her own story in a while, so I'm not sure why some are still complaining about there being too much Sami. The way they've used her lately is much better than back in 2010/2011 when it was all Sami and Rafe, all the time.
Edited by Serenity 808, May 29 2013, 07:44 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Jason47
May 29 2013, 06:02 PM
elci525
May 29 2013, 05:06 PM
No, I know Jason - it wasn't meant as a snark on you! My apologies if it came off that way. I am ever grateful for all you do!!!

No offense taken!!

:)
Well good then! I just want to make sure it's known that I knew it was CLEAR you didn't present this as news with the expectation that we should celebrate. Or that I was in any way disrespecting you. But from all the likes that comment is getting, I dunno, now I feel like this was the consensus re: my comment. Everyone, it was obvious to me that Jason was very kindly presenting this as factual news - I never felt any differently. It's just news I receive with a groan under my breath, for my own tastes about the character/actress. I was trying to be facetious.

Anyhoo - I do thank you for the news Jason, as I thank you for all the news you give us and all the exhaustive research you provide. I'd rather celebrate you than AS or Sami any day, anyway ;)
Edited by elci525, May 29 2013, 09:34 PM.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Haters gonna hate, but congrats to Ali. I don't love her all the time and I don't love Sami all the time, especially when she seems to be shoved down the audience's throat, but I still really like her place on the show and admire her history with Days.

lysie
Member Avatar

Congrats to Ali for leading the showing through it's declining years!

elci525
Member Avatar

psychofan
May 29 2013, 08:37 PM
Haters gonna hate, but congrats to Ali. I don't love her all the time and I don't love Sami all the time, especially when she seems to be shoved down the audience's throat, but I still really like her place on the show and admire her history with Days.
Haters?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

elci525
May 29 2013, 08:42 PM
psychofan
Haters?
I really hate that word....what did we call it again in our slang terminology a few years back? Kanye or something right? Oh how I miss our DR dictionary....

nightfan

JamaicanBeauty7
May 29 2013, 02:09 PM
Cool! Congrats, Ali!
Hear, hear! I'm hearing The Eurythmics' "Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves" right now!
Way to go, Ali. Nice to join the ranks of the former good ol' boys club!

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Oh Well.

We could have had actresses like Deidre Hall, Susan Hayes, Kristian Alfonso, Susanne Rogers, or hell....if she would have stayed, Susan Flannery with that honor. I would have even preferred Lauren Koslow or Arianna Zucker with that honor, but the old "Days" fan in me popped those names out first.

But we have Ali taking the position of "Most Topped Ranking Female Lead Monthly Episode Wise". More proof we need balance. NOT an over inflated cast like MarDar that could write for no one because the cast was so big. Just a writer/producer who says lets spread out the action.
Bumping Sami is never going to happen till Ali Sweeney feels like she's "Prime Time" and too good for "Days". One can hope for that outcome, but it ain't likely.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

lysie
May 29 2013, 08:39 PM
Congrats to Ali for leading the showing through it's declining years!
:hail: :hail: Yep she's leading them straight to cancellation.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

elci525
May 29 2013, 08:42 PM
psychofan
Haters?
I hate the word haters. It's so, so hateful sounding.

That being said, begrudgingly, I'm going to offer congratulations. In all honesty, she is more tolerable lately. I guess it's a start. But, I do wish it went to a better actor (OK, some that I feel are better actors). I just think of what the show could be like if Kristian or Ari or Matt A. or Louise Sorel or Blake Berris could have that much time. Just my opinion.

But for those who like her, this is a good thing!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply