Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney makes "Days" history in May; Becomes first female to lead monthly rankings 39 times...
Topic Started: May 29 2013, 01:55 PM (2,622 Views)
Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Urgh urgh urgh, why????????

It would have been better if the honor went to someone actually deserving. Sami shouldn't be on as much as she has. She was best as a 2nd tier character.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

lysie
May 29 2013, 08:39 PM
Congrats to Ali for leading the showing through it's declining years!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

nightfan

Laufeyson
May 30 2013, 02:21 PM

It would have been better if the honor went to someone actually deserving. Sami shouldn't be on as much as she has. She was best as a 2nd tier character.
I don't know about you, but for me, the 90s were all about the Sami/Carrie/Austin triangle and her being framed for murder. I have always considered her an equal to Deidre and others, just in a different age group. Soap mag covers from that time would tend to agree.

Daysofold

nightfan
May 30 2013, 09:39 PM
Laufeyson

I don't know about you, but for me, the 90s were all about the Sami/Carrie/Austin triangle and her being framed for murder. I have always considered her an equal to Deidre and others, just in a different age group. Soap mag covers from that time would tend to agree.
I have to disagree with you there. Sami has ALWAYS been a selfish self center brat who thinks the world revolves around her. And to date, she has never waivered from that. It's no wonder so many can't stand the sight of her much less her acting. No disrespect to Alison, but I do not see what NBC sees in her. There are MANY more talented actors who should be in the forefront. TPTB are pimping her character way too much and they should really listen to what the fans have to say, but they look at it as chatter. How wrong and stupid they are. Oh, but this is TomSell, a total idiot.

chinkybig

AS / Sami may be in the same league as someone like Deidre/ Marlena in terms of the QUANTITY of episodes and A-storylines over their individual Days tenures (especially Deidre during her very prime on Days), but looking at the QUALITY of AS'/ Sami's body of work versus Deidre's / Marlena's, I would say, AS/Sami is eating dust, even if for just what Deidre/ Marlena is doing to whatever dire material she has over the past weeks.

IMO, it only shows how warped this show's priorities are. Enough said.

Ernesto
Member Avatar

Laufeyson

It would be BEST if she just stuck to Biggest Loser, where she doesn't have to attempt to act!

She SUCKS...SO MUCH! :puke:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ernesto
May 31 2013, 05:03 PM
Laufeyson

It would be BEST if she just stuck to Biggest Loser, where she doesn't have to attempt to act!

She SUCKS...SO MUCH! :puke:
She really does do better at being a personality, IMO.

soapgal
Member Avatar

TFP! Congrats to Ali! I love AS and Sami!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

AS is one of the reasons I watch Days. Congratulations to her for sticking with the "guy who brought her to the dance".

Thanks Jason.

nightfan

pspcindy
Jun 2 2013, 08:36 AM
AS is one of the reasons I watch Days. Congratulations to her for sticking with the "guy who brought her to the dance".

Thanks Jason.
I agree. She totally went Hollywood, but she didn't go Hollywood at the same time. i.e. leave the soap that got her famous to begin with.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply