Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Conf. Wally Kurth interview
Topic Started: May 29 2013, 05:29 PM (2,571 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

Mirage75
May 30 2013, 06:02 AM
Great interview. Looking forward to seeing more Justin on-screen. Curious what this story with EJ/Sami will be about. It is sad that the only way I can see Justin is if he's interacting with EJ and/or Sami. There is so much with Justin that can done on his own and with airtime. Oh well... I won't be too picky lol. Anything to see him on-screen at this point is fine by me.

And yes please give Justin/Adrienne some love scenes. Some shirtless Justin would be nice for a change.

Would love to see him go back to GH for some Ned action too.

Glad that DAYS is using him more. As it should be.

Justin could have had more of a story with his own SON and WIFE than with Ej. The allegiance between Ej and Justin makes no sense, it's contrived and stupid....but then again so is 70% of what's happening on the show now. I'm glad they are using him more but they are using him with the one character (aside from Dan) that I can't stand.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

ugh the last thing we need is any more Ej and Sami. Let Sami rot in jail.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Aside from the fact that I love Wally and truly find it a pleasure to watch him and James act off each other, I am really happy to see the writers bring together characters who generally don't even appear on the same show, and give them story.

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jun 5 2013, 07:00 AM
Aside from the fact that I love Wally and truly find it a pleasure to watch him and James act off each other, I am really happy to see the writers bring together characters who generally don't even appear on the same show, and give them story.
It's a shame they can't do it in a way that makes sense.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 5 2013, 07:20 AM
gailwinters
I think it makes as much sense as most of the other stories on any soap I've ever watched, and way more than some.

six
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 29 2013, 10:28 PM
lysie
May 29 2013, 10:27 PM
I don't understand why they're using Justin to be Sami's lawyer when EJ is RIGHT THERE. Except that they didn't want to lost WK to GH.
Seriously, why are you looking gift horses in the mouth?

I'm sure they will say it's because EJ is too close to represent her well.
That explanation works for me, and it's about time Days does things like that. I got sick of Mickey representing everyone (especially because he kept losing), Lexie diagnosing her friends and family etc. Spread the work around.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

I love the Johnson family. I have watched this show literally since birth (I turned 34 yesterday, and can remember the original Roman and Marlena, Him falling off the cliff, Drake coming on as Roman and not remembering his identity). I remember well the Justin / Addrienne/ Angelica mess that was so fun and soapy to watch. I LOVED their Greek wedding with all the fanfare, and their renewal. Also, don't forget they met Carly Manning on their honeymoon after their second wedding.

They will never be the Hortons (The ORIGINAL family with all the angst and drama that soared the ratings), The Bradys, or the Dimeras, but they are a major part of this show's history. I am always glad to see historic characters return, and I am THRILLED they are using them, and using them even better this time around since hackley is gone (I consider Dena to be THE WORST thing to ever happen to this show. It was only interesting during the baby switch, and now I think it is OBVIOUS Tomlin had a major part in writing that by watching the show now). Ok, rant done :-)

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jun 5 2013, 07:55 AM
lysie
Jun 5 2013, 07:20 AM
gailwinters
I think it makes as much sense as most of the other stories on any soap I've ever watched, and way more than some.
Well I'm frustrated with much of the show not making sense now but my biggest grievances with this is Justin's lack of a tie to the DiMeras' history and Ej's sudden need for a second lawyer. Oh and also the fact that I don't even know what the hell DiMera enterprises does. I have no investment because that was a part of the DiMera family that was made up a few years ago and initially had nothing to do with Stefano. It just seems silly when there are millions of things they could have done to tie in Justin or to oust Stefano that would actually have something to do with things that have actually happened on the show that involve the characters. And yet, they chose this. JS and WK working together isn't a big enough draw for me.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
I don't understand why they're using Justin to be Sami's lawyer when EJ is RIGHT THERE. Except that they didn't want to lost WK to GH.
I think this is their main reason for using WK....the feared losing him to GH.

They know GH won't give him a contract either....but that WK will go where there is work since he has loyalties to both shows given his history at both of them.

If DAYS keeps scheduling him, it makes him much more unattractive to GH who will probably just stay away from now own.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

Mitchapalooza
Jun 5 2013, 10:40 AM
lysie

They know GH won't give him a contract either....but that WK will go where there is work since he has loyalties to both shows given his history at both of them.

If DAYS keeps scheduling him, it makes him much more unattractive to GH who will probably just stay away from now own.

Wasn't there a blind item a few months back that said that two soaps were fighting over one actor...I can see that being Wally and GH/Days being the two soaps.....it would really explain why they are using him more now....

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LuvingLumi
Jun 5 2013, 10:44 AM
Mitchapalooza
lysie

Wasn't there a blind item a few months back that said that two soaps were fighting over one actor...I can see that being Wally and GH/Days being the two soaps.....it would really explain why they are using him more now....
At the time I thought it was about Stephen Nichols...but its more obvious now that it probably was about Wally Kurth.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 5 2013, 10:44 AM
Mitchapalooza
lysie

I find it sad because I think gh would given wally story or at least better writing days may use him more now only for gh not use him or choose nothing use him. And days only give him worse writing and no storyline and seem used now only for sidekick prop for ej
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Wally told me that GH wanted to write Ned Q a story arc, and when he went to talk to Days PTB about doing GH, Days told him they had a big story coming up for him. GH told him they would put off the Ned Q story, but they still have plans to do it. He said he didn't know if having the offer from GH was responsible for Days writing him a story or not, but I don't think he cares why. He was very happy and excited about what Days is doing with Justin.

I got the impression that the GH story would have been a little longer than his prior appearance, but nothing long term.
Edited by gailwinters, Jun 5 2013, 10:59 AM.

six
Member Avatar

If GH and Days both wanted WK, I'm glad Days won out.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm selfishly glad that DAYS won. I have no doubt that GH would have better utilized his talents, but I think that Wally Kurth elevates DAYS just by being on the screen.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I just don't want everything to end up revolving around Ej and Sami. That is a real turn off to me and will give me further reason to stick to my original decision to tune out the show except in u tube clips. I mean come on, the show existed before Ej Dimera and if I'm not mistaken did remarkably well. Justin doesn't need to revolve around Ej and Sami to have a story. Dumb head writers screw up again!

KimAshton

Wally said during a Q&A at Judi's event Saturday that the networks don't like the sharing. Figures, that is why Days is writing for Justin.

JamesS

I cannot wait. E.J., Justin and Sami.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
lysie

I don't think DAYS needed to worry. It's clear that Wally enjoys doing both shows and I'm willing to bet he enjoys not being tied to a contract.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

lysie
Because EJ is really a racecar driver with no good understanding of the law.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply