Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, May 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 30 2013, 08:49 AM (16,210 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Loved Vivian as Mrs. DiMera!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

IMO, Vivian was a better Mrs. DiMera than Kate and far better suited for the role.

am103
Member Avatar

Vivian! I so wanted Vivian to swoop in and steal Stefano from Kate the moment she split from Victor. Unfortunately, they wrote her as a desperate shrew during her last run who Stefano paid no attention to, however in the 90's Vivian had a sense of class and people still knew not to cross her. Oh how I miss those Days.

Ellie

Matt
May 30 2013, 09:20 AM
IMO, Vivian was a better Mrs. DiMera than Kate and far better suited for the role.
Oh definitely. LK is just trying to do Carmela Soprano or something. It's not at all in character and seems silly.

Lil
Member Avatar

I miss Vivian sooooooooooo much!

Jason47
Member Avatar

"This Date in Days History": May 30 Edition

5/30/69:
Cast: Tommy, Kitty, Sandy, Peter.
Sets: Kitty’s Apartment, Hallway Outside Kitty’s Apartment, Peter Larkin’s Apartment, Hospital Lab.

5/30/78:
Cast: David, Mary, Marlena, Laura, Chris, Donna, Samantha, Arlo, Stash/Bar Buddy, Radio Announcer's Voice, Phaedra/dog.
Sets: Marlena’s Bedroom, David’s Office, Arlo’s Jail Cell, Laura’s Office, Marlena’s Office, Joe’s Bar.

5/30/89:
Cast: Alice, Mickey, Neil, Kimberly, Shane, Victor, Jennifer, Adrienne, Justin, Eve, Jack, Maggie, Calliope, Nick, Anjelica, Eugene, Tarrington, Yvette, Alexander, Simmons, Nico, JJ, The Professor, Sax Player, Guard, Photographer/Lee, Delivery Man, Admiral Perry/penguin, Squire/horse.
Sets: Park, Shane's Study, Room for Shane (Limbo), Penthouse Living Room & Corridor, Loft, Curtis Stables, Limo & Exterior.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

We Love Soaps TV @WeLoveSoapsTV
18 years ago today on @nbcdays was Marlena's exorcism! http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/05/history-may-30.html … @DeidreHall
11:01 AM - 30 May 13

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

And the end of Tony and Kristen's marriage! I just watched the possession storyline on YT a few days ago and it was so weird but soooo good too. I honestly couldn't pry my eyes away from it.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
May 30 2013, 11:12 AM
And the end of Tony and Kristen's marriage! I just watched the possession storyline on YT a few days ago and it was so weird but soooo good too. I honestly couldn't pry my eyes away from it.
One of the few storylines on any soap that I can just watch over and over without being bored. It was really great...well in its own way. Not really in a DAYS way.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Wow...that photo really showcases how much Joe M. has aged...and Lauren K. and Louise S. have not.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I just want Louise Sorel back. I would trade literally 50% of the cast.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 30 2013, 11:04 AM
We Love Soaps TV @WeLoveSoapsTV
18 years ago today on @nbcdays was Marlena's exorcism! http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/05/history-may-30.html … @DeidreHall
11:01 AM - 30 May 13
And my J&M fandom, which was already pretty much a done deal, was solidified as John literally sold his soul for Marlena. Ah, true love Reilly style. Also 18 years ago since Deidre Hall broke her back (she fell off the morgue bench-thing), which...ow.

I only have good memories, though :) That's the story that got me hooked on the show. And I also had nightmares for DAYS. That's when I learned how to set the VCR, which my mom didn't know nor did she know how to work it. And when she strictly forbid me from watching that thing with the lady with the weird eyes... I stole the tape and took it downstairs. Ah, yes, youth!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 30 2013, 11:23 AM
I'd get rid of 50% of the cast just cause. But if I could have my Eugene Bradford back... even better. And I'd probably go up to 75%.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Since will awake and out of danger and Bryan dattilo had 2 more episodes to end of the month and probably his contact too I sure Lucas will make appearance today and Vivian as Stefano not good I Stoll remember the chip on the tooth

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

The Room Stops
May 30 2013, 11:47 AM
DiMeraFan67
May 30 2013, 11:23 AM
I'd get rid of 50% of the cast just cause. But if I could have my Eugene Bradford back... even better. And I'd probably go up to 75%.
Yes! Eugene!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I get to watch live today, but since it's a St. Louis affiliate, it won't be til 1:00 Central, and that means I STILL will not beat Matt at the play-by-play. I just refuse to read the rest of this thread until I've finished. It would be interesting to compare perspectives.

Ellie

Later that same day...

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
May 30 2013, 11:50 AM
Since will awake and out of danger and Bryan dattilo had 2 more episodes to end of the month and probably his contact too I sure Lucas will make appearance today and Vivian as Stefano not good I Stoll remember the chip on the tooth
I saw tweets - he is on. And apparently, Lucas and Will have another bedside scene - just the two of them.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

We opening Eric/Nicole & a flashback to instigator Johnny. That's always a good sign.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply