Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, May 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 30 2013, 08:49 AM (15,794 Views)
Sweet and Salty

Panda Panda
May 30 2013, 12:03 PM
Oh, Look. There's Lucas. Who would have thought? >_>
Ya'll are just flat ORNERY today!! -_-
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mjkiss

though, I think kritter and m have amazing chem...always have. I wanted m's game to be stepped up a little, I wanted her to own kritter in those scenes I was looking forward to it. when she stood over that b**ch at the end of yesterdays ep. it was EPIC. for months she has been knocked around and just at a lost, she deserved to have her moment today and I don't feel like she got it :unsure: . my girl can be a bad ass and I love it when she is, I hope she gets to slay john when they go their round if they go one & I want her and brady to be closer after this.

Sweet and Salty

blueskies
May 30 2013, 12:20 PM
Nick says he doesn't love Gabi, lol.
:o Are you serious?!! That's so NOT funny!!

michr544125

annie21
May 30 2013, 09:43 PM
I caught part of today's show, and saw Nick's confession to Gabi and the Marlena/Kristen confrontation.

Like many here, I too was surprised that Nick admitted he didn't love Gabi. It's remarkably self-aware for someone to realize that they were too traumatized to be able to really feel love for another. I was impressed. But then I realized that the writers wanted to have Gabi move in with Will and Sonny, so they needed Nabi to make a clean break. I suppose there were worse ways to fill their plot needs and at least BB did a nice job with the scene.

Maybe I took the scenes different than most people. Or maybe I need to rewatch? I didn't hear Nick say he didn't love Gabi. It was more like him not answering if he loves her. Seems to me Nick doesn't know what was real and what was fantasy over the past several months. Plus wasn't there a tweet by Bill Hayes where he said that Susan was taping something in regards to helping Nick and Gabi find their dreams? Not sure if that was something that already aired or something to come? I get the feeling today was more hoping that a lot of fans actually root for them now. I know that I was definitely feeling Nick and Gabi today.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
May 30 2013, 10:01 PM
Considering the SORASing that's taken place, Sami was about Ciara's age when she sold her little sister on the blackmarket.
selling sister on black market >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hiding a letter.

regardless, Sami has still done more evil things. plus, it's not like Ciara plotted to hide the letter so as to create mass chaos. she just wanted to see the panda!

can you blame her? they're super cute!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zyona

six
May 30 2013, 09:16 PM
Agreed and If I had to choose to take issue with Nick or Gabi's actions today, I'd choose Nick's. I don't blame him for what he did, because he's clearly unstable and it's good that he was finally honest with himself, but he would have been hard pressed to choose a worse time to tell Gabi the
Eventhough what happened to Nick is very awful, that does not justify his action toward Will and Sonny. Being raped in prison does not give him a free shot to treat the two gay guys like shit!!!
Edited by zyona, May 30 2013, 10:58 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

"The panda made me do it."

CASE DISMISSED!

elci525
Member Avatar

Matt
May 30 2013, 10:59 PM

CASE DISMISSED!
LOL yes - no jury on the planet would convict against a rock-solid defense like that! =)

annie21

michr544125
May 30 2013, 10:42 PM
annie21
I caught part of today's show, and saw Nick's confession to Gabi and the Marlena/Kristen confrontation.

Like many here, I too was surprised that Nick admitted he didn't love Gabi. It's remarkably self-aware for someone to realize that they were too traumatized to be able to really feel love for another. I was impressed. But then I realized that the writers wanted to have Gabi move in with Will and Sonny, so they needed Nabi to make a clean break. I suppose there were worse ways to fill their plot needs and at least BB did a nice job with the scene.

Maybe I took the scenes different than most people. Or maybe I need to rewatch? I didn't hear Nick say he didn't love Gabi. It was more like him not answering if he loves her. Seems to me Nick doesn't know what was real and what was fantasy over the past several months. Plus wasn't there a tweet by Bill Hayes where he said that Susan was taping something in regards to helping Nick and Gabi find their dreams? Not sure if that was something that already aired or something to come? I get the feeling today was more hoping that a lot of fans actually root for them now. I know that I was definitely feeling Nick and Gabi today.
Maybe I heard it wrong, too... but I heard him say that he wanted to love Gabi, but that he wasn't in a place to be able to love anyone.

On a related note, I'm glad Nick did what a lot of people here had been calling for: he explicitly said that Jensen wasn't gay and that rape isn't about sex, but rather about violence and power.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Matt

CASE DISMISSED!
*ahem* Let's not join in on the Panda blaming parade all at once now. :glare:
Edited by Panda Panda, May 30 2013, 11:03 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

elci525
May 30 2013, 11:00 PM
Matt

CASE DISMISSED!
LOL yes - no jury on the planet would convict against a rock-solid defense like that! =)
Of course, Panda Panda "liking" that could very well be one of the most epic things ever.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

All of this baby AG stuff lately has reminded me that Carrie and Austin should have had their baby a couple of months ago. Has the show acknowledged that at all, like with a throwaway line or something? I would have preferred they were in Salem when she gave birth; but I would like Kate or someone to have mentioned it by now.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Matt
May 30 2013, 11:01 PM
elci525
May 30 2013, 11:00 PM
Matt

CASE DISMISSED!
Of course, Panda Panda "liking" that could very well be one of the most epic things ever.
Well, I can't deny they can be persuasive when they want to be. :rolleyes:

Kenny
Member Avatar

That showdown with Kristen and Marlena is the reason I never stopped begging the show to bring ED back. As much as I hoped for it, I never thought I would see Eileen and Deidre in scenes again, so I'm still kind of pinching myself that she's actually back.

Those scenes were everything I hoped for and then some. Totally worth the wait.

If Eileen doesn't win the Emmy this time around I'm going to riot!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

It's so nice reading so many positive things about Days during the past 2 weeks. I've got some serious catching up to do. Can't wait to see the stellar performances from everyone involved. Kristen and Nick have really rejuvinated this show.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 31 2013, 12:14 AM
That showdown with Kristen and Marlena is the reason I never stopped begging the show to bring ED back. As much as I hoped for it, I never thought I would see Eileen and Deidre in scenes again, so I'm still kind of pinching myself that she's actually back.
I have trouble believing it myself. After 14 years, you almost give up hope. It's like lightning hitting twice. The fact that they can pull out these performances all these years later like time's stood still is just incredible! If Susan makes an appearance, I think I'll go into cardiac arrest! :drunk:

Will&Sonny

michr544125
May 30 2013, 10:42 PM
annie21

Nick said that he had realized that he had been pretending to be someone else from the moment that he had first met Gabi. When she asked if Nick was trying to say that he had never truly loved her, his response was, "I -- I thought I did. I wanted to. I was so confused. Gabi, I was lying so much, to so many people -- how could I know what I really felt?" When she pointed out that he had repeatedly sworn his love for her, he stated that he had done so because he had desperately wanted the fantasy to become a reality. It was certainly an indirect confirmation that he had never truly loved her, and he never stated otherwise in any of today's scenes. I think that the message was clear, but without a direct statement one way or another, it's obviously open to interpretation.

In any case, the point, IMO, is that without proper therapy, Nick will never be able to love anyone, because he doesn't even love himself right now. It may be clichéd, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Anyway, I still hate Nick, and his tears and supposed remorse don't even remotely begin to redeem him in my eyes. Perhaps one day (although I'd still just prefer to see him leave at the end of Blake Berris's current contract), but right now, it's all just too little, too late for me. I'm still not entirely convinced that he won't make Will and Sonny's lives miserable again later, and he still hasn't had enough well-deserved tongue-lashings from people for my tastes (sorry, but being raped doesn't excuse the shit that he's pulled on people who never did anything to him), and let's not forget that he is still tangled up with Vargas, who, while clearly being a nicer guy than Jensen was, is still an ex-convict who has proven that he can be dangerous at times. Nick's not worthy of forgiveness just yet, as far as I'm concerned, and he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Arianna Grace any time soon.

(For the record, I didn't forgive Lucas easily, either, and he's a far better man than Nick is, despite his own little descent into homophobia last year.)

That said...I've been saying for months that Nick doesn't really love Gabi, and I was pleasantly surprised that the writers actually allowed him to acknowledge that fact. (Well, I took it as an acknowledgement, at least.)

chinkybig

Just finished watching. How dumb can John get when he assumes that now that Kristen has been exposed, "they can make things right"? I get the feeling that he assumes that Marlena will let bygones be bygones and they can act as if nothing has happened?!? Really?!! Duh, dumb writers, dumb storyline.

John, I need you to grovel and beg for Marlena's forgiveness, not act like a sanctimonious, self-righteous bastard that you are right now.

EDIT: I love you ED, but I seriously cringed, and not in a good way, when Kristen told Marlena, "By the way, he was EVERYWHERE, ALL OVER MEEEEE..." complete with the hand gestures. Ewwwww, OMG, just the image of it..... :x :facepalm:

Edited by chinkybig, May 31 2013, 04:51 AM.

Will&Sonny

chinkybig
May 31 2013, 04:42 AM
I love you ED, but I seriously cringed, and not in a good way, when Kristen told Marlena, "By the way, he was EVERYWHERE, ALL OVER MEEEEE..." complete with the hand gestures. Ewwwww, OMG, just the image of it..... :x :facepalm:

Personally, I thought that part was awesome. Also, I loved the fact that the writers basically allowed Kristen to strongly imply that John had been sporting an erection when he had been "on top of" Kristen.

Will&Sonny

I've never been as impressed with Blake Berris as many of the people here seem to be (I still firmly believe that Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith are better actors; Blake has never managed to move me, unlike Chandler and Freddie -- but that's just me, and it's not the point anyway), but I will say this -- Days' scenes about a man being raped in prison have blown GH's scenes about a man being raped in prison out of the water.

While we might not agree on the rest, I think that we can all agree that Blake is a stronger actor than Chad Duell is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply