Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Interview with Eileen Davidson
Topic Started: May 31 2013, 03:03 PM (4,031 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The storyline you've been in the last six months is coming to somewhat of a conclusion. What's next for Kristen?
Well, it doesn't really end. It just kind of takes another right turn, and then we're off on another tangent. Kristen doesn't slow down. She doesn't give up. She doesn't say 'uncle.' She's just onward and upward.

We do know you have stuff coming up with Arianne Zucker. What's that about?
I think Nicole is just getting a little too close to Brady for Kristen's taste, and she just wants to say something about it, so she does in her own inimitable way.

What did you think of this story?
I think it's just been a lot of twists and turns. It's kept me on my toes as an actor, that's for sure, and I think it culminated really well. The payoff was terrific, and I'm really grateful for that.

Some of us had a little trouble following Kristen's and John's plans.
Yeah, they were a little difficult. I know. It's just that she wanted to use John and Brady in a way that would really ruin Marlena's life. That was always her consummate plan, to completely decimate that family. That was her plan. I think John was a little bit loosey goosey. Kristen's plan was always pretty clear for her even if she was struggling with it as she was falling for Brady, but for John to sleep with Kristen to keep him away from Brady, it was....eh. You know, what are you gonna do? It was a plot point, and an...interesting concept.

There hasn't been as much Kristen/Marlena interaction as some of us would like.
There is more, definitely. There's more coming up. It's an ongoing thing because she hates her so much.

How is playing Kristen different now from when you played her in the 90s?
Kristen is more of a complete character now. There's definitely more sides to her; she's multi-dimensional. I think she's more interesting. She's more interesting to me anyway.

Do you have a favorite scene from your first run on the show?
I think Susan really kind of superseded everything before, so I think this time it's fun to play Kristen on her own without all of these other characters. I've been able to really devote myself to her and get to know her.

Do you think any of those other characters might make an appearance?
At this point I don't see it, but you never know.

A lot of us would like to see EJ interact with Susan.
I know. That would be great. There's a lot of different possibilities. It's hard for her to be on the show, but you never know.

Is there anyone in the cast that you haven't worked with who you'd like to work with?
I think Blake is a terrific actor. He'd be fun to work with. I like his character. But there are so many great actors on the show. Chandler and Freddie and Lauren. There are so many. I'm already working with a lot of terrific actors, though, so I can't complain.

What's coming up for Kristen?
I guess more of the same. I'd love it if she could get married and at least be married for a couple of months before she ruins it. We'll see.

Were you surprised that fans were so open to Kristen returning after so long?
You know I was! It's been a very long time. I thought everybody had pretty much moved on. I'm glad they've been so enthusiastic.

How are working at Y&R and working at Days different?
The schedules are very different. We do a lot more shows in a week (at Days) than at Y&R.

What are you interactions like with the different casts?
The actors on Days have been very welcoming from the beginning. Very supportive, complimentary, and very nice. And I have great friends at Y&R too. It's just a different experience.

We've heard that on today's episode everyone has changed clothes except for Kristen!
I know, right? I like that she looks a little off her game. It's kind of serving a purpose. I definitely wouldn't have chosen that dress if I'd known she was going to be in it for 100 days. But I wanted her to look a little askew and not totally put together like she usually does.

Do you have a favorite scene from the last year?
Probably the shows that have aired this week. It was such a great payoff.

You interacted with young Brady when you were on the show before. Is it weird to now have the character as an adult love interest?
I don't even pay any attention to that. It never even entered my consciousness. I don't even remember working with little Brady because it was so so long ago. It didn't happen much I don't think, and it doesn't have any reference to what we're doing now so there's no point in dwelling on it. And I just don't remember it. With soap operas if you start dwelling on that, you may as well forget about it because there's so much change. Oy. You have to let some things go sometimes with soap operas, and that is at the top of the list. In my mind, it's like a different character. That Brady would be a different character. Because Martsolf is 42 that person would be, like, 19 now. You just can't do that or you'd have to have a 19 year old playing Brady, and they wouldn't pair me with that person probably.

Is there anything you haven't gotten to do on either show that you'd like to do?
I feel pretty good about what I've been doing the last year. They basically are throwing the kitchen sink at me. I feel pretty satisfied with that. The stuff that I've done that hasn't aired yet, too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

:cloud9:

I laughed so loud at this:

Kristen's plan was always pretty clear for her even if she was struggling with it as she was falling for Brady, but for John to sleep with Kristen to keep him away from Brady, it was....eh.

Like, no one but the main writers thought it was a good idea for John to seduce Kristen.

lysie
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
May 31 2013, 03:08 PM
:cloud9:

I laughed so loud at this:

Kristen's plan was always pretty clear for her even if she was struggling with it as she was falling for Brady, but for John to sleep with Kristen to keep him away from Brady, it was....eh.

Like, no one but the main writers thought it was a good idea for John to seduce Kristen.
Honestly, that doesn't do it justice. I couldn't spell out the sound she made.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

What's coming up for Kristen?
I guess more of the same. I'd love it if she could get married and at least be married for a couple of months before she ruins it. We'll see.

I don't mind this but at the same time I do. I would love and prefer to see Kristen move into a different storyline but if there's still some bristen stuff left I wouldn't mind seeing it. lol

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

The fact that she described her and John's intentions as "eh" is so very telling.

AFaithL

Love this. Thanks!

Will&Sonny

Thanks for the interview!

I'm glad that, like me, she doesn't really seem to want Susan to return. I couldn't care less about seeing E.J. interact with his mother (probably because I couldn't care less about E.J., period), so the "...but it would be so interesting to see them together!" argument just doesn't work for me. I'd prefer to just have plenty of Kristen goodness.

Besides, if we were to get a kooky character on the show again, I'd want it to be Calliope, not Susan.

I love that Eileen was ballsy enough to at least hint that the out-of-character part of the storyline didn't really work. I also love that she still seems to be genuinely enjoying her time at Days and doesn't seem eager to leave any time soon (of course, I could be reaching there, but that's the impression that I've always gotten from her interviews this time around, and this latest interview has done nothing to change that).

I liked her answer about the younger Brady, because that's exactly how I feel about the matter. It's a total non-issue, IMO.

I would love to see Kristen in Will and Sonny's orbit -- that would be so much better than having E.J. and/or Nick in Will and Sonny's orbit.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

So Lysie...is she gonna stick around you think?

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 31 2013, 04:00 PM
So Lysie...is she gonna stick around you think?
Idk. She sounded happy but for all I know, she's already gone.

Carly
Member Avatar

Susan probably wouldn't work well for a long-term storyline, but I'd love to have just ONE EJ/Susan scene. I've wanted to see EJ and Susan interacting ever since EJ Wells was revealed to be EJ Dimera. Heck, I'd be happy if EJ and Susan just talked on the phone for five minutes....

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

...Why is she making wardrobe choices? Do they all do that?

I didn't realize Brady would have been about 19, aged normally. That might've worked better for the story, because it's easier to believe a younger person being so easily duped imho.

Whether she stays or goes I'm hoping Kristen goes off the rails. I prefer my soaps with the scheming dialed up a notch, though.

King
Member Avatar

I guess I am in the minority, but I loved John trying to seduce Kristen. I thought it was hot. And I freaking LOVED her scenes on Tuesday when she stopped him.

ED is a legend and flawwwwwwlessssss. Even the little things she does in scenes, the little nuances. God. I love her. Can't believe I watched it for 15 years without her. LOL.

Great interview!

AFaithL

Carly
May 31 2013, 04:11 PM
Susan probably wouldn't work well for a long-term storyline, but I'd love to have just ONE EJ/Susan scene. I've wanted to see EJ and Susan interacting ever since EJ Wells was revealed to be EJ Dimera. Heck, I'd be happy if EJ and Susan just talked on the phone for five minutes....
I wouldn't mind a few days of Susan, but I agree with ED. I don't want her back fulltime.

blueskies
Member Avatar

She was still at Days at least thru the filming of the Jeanne Cooper tribute at YR.

justforfun

Great interview! I have become a much bigger ED fan in the past week. She has been amazing! It sounds like they have a hand in picking out what they wear. hmmm..could explain a lot of why we complain about some of the wardrobes. :P

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Good job, Lysie!

blueskies
Member Avatar

And I agree, awesome interview :) I go back and forth about baby Brady though, lol. But in any case they need to make a point of EJ being her and John's "child".

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Brami❤

Great interview! I simply ADORE her! I'd kill for her, Blake & AZ to be in a scene together. No idea what they'd be doing, but I'd love to see it. :blulaugh:

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I really want ED to stay for a lot longer. Her acting, sometimes OTT acting, is like a breathe a fresh air to the staunchly stale Dool. Even if she can't have an A story, just keep her around as a supporting actress and that would be enough to make me happy.

Keith
Member Avatar

Her response to John's plan to seduce Kristen to get her away from Brady sounds like the sound we've all made.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply